• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic getting an Alternate Costume? Guess not.

Which Alternate Costume would you want Sonic to get?

• Total voters

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's not too likely that Sonic is getting an alternate costume, But just incase...
sonic-boom-redesign---sonic.png

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If we were to get one, it would either be Boom or Classic. I want to see classic, but I wouldn't mind seeing Boom, because I do kind of like the design, blue arms aside.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
his sonic adventure 2 (battle) 2 player outfit doesn't matter what one
game cube

dream cast

or for jokes we can give him the x mas or halloween ones

sorry if there a little to big i forget how to use that spoiler thing

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
1`.jpg

Excalibur Sonic would be much more harder to do, but imagine how cool it would be if they actually added it as a costume.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Any of his Sonic Adventure 2 extra costumes would be fine. Wouldn't mind good old Classic Sonic though.
I would personally want.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Classic Sonic wouldn't work as an alt, his proportions are too different. It's one of the main reasons Link & Toon Link are seperate characters.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Classic Sonic wouldn't work as an alt, his proportions are too different. It's one of the main reasons Link & Toon Link are seperate characters.
I still think resizing Classic Sonic a bit would still work. Here's a pic from Project M in which I included a Classic Sonic alt (It's a bit low quality. But hope it gets you the point)

It's actually slightly taller then the regular Sonic model from Brawl. But it works pretty much perfectly. So it's not completely impossible.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Gah, they all have good reasons!

Genesis- Did you see what happened when Sonic 4 was first announced?

Riders- Closest Proportions to the Sonic already in the game. Easy to program, but still looks different.

Boom- Will be the design used for the game closest to Smash 4's release. Nintendo's still a biznis, after all.

SonicMario

Smash Master
[quote="Altais, post: 16997432, member: 79876"
Also, Sonic's metal reskin from Sonic Heroes would be cool as well. It would probably be easier to programme as well, since it is merely a palette swap.

[/quote]

But then what do you do if metal recolored Sonic gets a metal box. Metalception?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
[quote="Altais, post: 16997432, member: 79876"
Also, Sonic's metal reskin from Sonic Heroes would be cool as well. It would probably be easier to programme as well, since it is merely a palette swap.

But then what do you do if metal recolored Sonic gets a metal box. Metalception?[/quote]
just recolour him it a skin it wouldn't have any effect on gameplay what so ever

Niala

Smash Ace
I certainly wouldn't say no to anybody getting an extra costume! I don't particularly suspect the whole cast will, but it would be wonderful to see if it did happen.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
My issue with Sonic having a Classic Sonic alt, besides the size differences, is the dialogue. They'd have to make it so that when you select that skin, his dialogue is turned off, to keep the integrity of Classic Sonic.

:093:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My issue with Sonic having a Classic Sonic alt, besides the size differences, is the dialogue. They'd have to make it so that when you select that skin, his dialogue is turned off, to keep the integrity of Classic Sonic.

Or get Jaleel White to voice him, since he was originally intended to voice Classic Sonic in Sonic Generations.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Or get Jaleel White to voice him, since he was originally intended to voice Classic Sonic in Sonic Generations.
That'd be pretty hilarious if they did that actually... But financially it makes way more sense just to remove the audio instead of paying another voice actor. Also, since they did choose to not go with Jaleel White, it's more canonical to the franchise.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I prefer Classic sonic, but will be nice see sonic boom

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd be pretty miffed if Sonic Boom makes it in as an alt just for the sake of promotion. Same with Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man. Sort of defeats the whole point of going with a certain character model from the get-go. The representations of the characters that made it into Smash were chosen because they earned it, not because they just road the coattails of fame. It's why we got Classic MegaMan, and I'm even surprised Sakurai was as generous as he was to put all the other models in as his Final Smash.

[collapse=older post on the subject]Classic Sonic feels like the best choice, the size changes would be an issue but I'm sure they could find a compromise.

Sonic has the classic face, quills, and shoes. His body is a little more spherical, but other then that his proportions stay the same.[/collapse]

Classic Sonic is my top choice, despite how unlikely he is. Not gonna lie, there would be a slight twinge of emotion if they worked him in.

Metal Sonic is another alt that isn't likely, but would be great. I honestly wouldn't mind a Sonic Boom or Rider alt. They're not exciting, but if they don't change his proportion (creepy spindly leg Sonic Boom Sonic) they'd get the job done.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Full on alt outfits would be nice, but I'm just hoping for some full color swaps. When I first saw that white sonic in the demo, it got me hoping for more. Instantly reminded me of polar-sonic from the comics, so I'm hoping for the other alterations as well. image.jpg image.jpg

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Out of the poll choices, Riders.

Out of any game ever? Sonic Adventure 2's snowboarding gear or Excalibur Sonic

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I rather have Classic Sonic or Rider's Sonic. I can see Sakurai adding (or SEGA asking) Sonic Boom design. For promotion of Sonic Boom!

D

Deleted member

Well, I think the current ones are fine, but Sonic with his SOAP shoes would be cool. It'd give some SA2 chills. Don't know about Classic Sonic, though. He seems very unlikely, and Sega probably wants to push the modern design even more. A Sonic Boom-based costume could be possible, now that Japan's getting the Sonic Boom games.. maybe? That's what I think.

About Silver Sonic...

IT'S NO USE!!

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd love to see Classic Sonic as alt.costume,
I'm actually considering of having Sonic be my #1 if Classic Sonic is indeed an alt costume. ^^

I'd be surprised if Sakurai managed to get the... "rights" to him. Iizuka doesn't want anything to do with Classic Sonic after Generations, but I hope Sakurai can intimidate him enough into getting Classic Sonic as a costume.

My hope lies with the fact that Sakurai is a nut for retro stuff. He almost always considers source material first. It's understandable that default Sonic is current Sonic, but if HE had to choose between Classic and Boom, I'm 200% sure he'd go with classic. I can tell by the moveset alone.

Another reason why I want Classic is because that would feel like fan service instead of advertising. And I've grown to HATE Sonic advertising.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I'd love to see Classic Sonic as alt.costume,
I'm actually considering of having Sonic be my #1 if Classic Sonic is indeed an alt costume. ^^

I'd be surprised if Sakurai managed to get the... "rights" to him. Iizuka doesn't want anything to do with Classic Sonic after Generations, but I hope Sakurai can intimidate him enough into getting Classic Sonic as a costume.
"Sakurai" has rights to everything Sonic.

LumbKai

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see Metal Sonic as an alternate costume for Sonic!
Not the Sonic Heroes one, the original!

Last edited:

LumbKai

Smash Rookie
Well the chances of getting more Sonic characters seems pretty slim and it'd be a compromise. Just annoyed me how Sonic's alternate colours in Brawl where all just different shades of blue! In a perfect world i'd have Knuckles as a playable character! His gliding would really fit in smash i think. I'm really hoping for a Scourge pallete swap for sonic like i posted in the pallete swap thread. The black sclera parts of his eyes would really seperate it and make it different, kind of like a Dark Link version of Sonic.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Please, I want Tails. In Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (his debut), he was basically an exact ripoff of Sonic (+ two tails). I would personally love that, but I really want Tails to be in Smash somehow. He could use his tails' hover to recover for a short period.

Tails plz!!!

Top Bottom