• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
How do you beat the Vector: Pass the Beat challenge??
Keep attacking the music note with the homing attack.
It's tedious, but that's what you do.
I actually got an S rank the first time I did it :awesome:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Encountered a glitch with classic Planet Wisp.
I was on a loop that led to a wall. I had the Spike wisp activated. I climbed up the wall and it kept switchin' me to the loop.
I, somehow, went slightly in-front of the the level, fell, and died...

Grandeza

Smash Master
Decisions, Decisions. I'm going to gamestop today to trade in a bunch of games. I will probably get enough to buy one video game. So my choices will be Sonic Generations or MW3(I know MW3 isn't out till Tuesday). I think I'll like SG more, but I'm nervous I'll beat it in a few days and then have nothing to occupy myself till I get enough money for MW3. Whereas if I get MW3 it will be able to last me till I get the money for Sonic Generations. Thoughts?

Not trying to start an MW3 v Sonic Generations debate.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Decisions, Decisions. I'm going to gamestop today to trade in a bunch of games. I will probably get enough to buy one video game. So my choices will be Sonic Generations or MW3(I know MW3 isn't out till Tuesday). I think I'll like SG more, but I'm nervous I'll beat it in a few days and then have nothing to occupy myself till I get enough money for MW3. Whereas if I get MW3 it will be able to last me till I get the money for Sonic Generations. Thoughts?

Not trying to start an MW3 v Sonic Generations debate.
Get MW3. SG can always wait.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I got a new computer and I was considering buying Generations for it as well. I looked up my computer's specs and it gives me this

If I downloaded the game and ran it, would I still be able to play this? The only thing that's failing atm is my graphics card and I'm not sure how I'd go about to upgrading that and what not

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDugzPkJ2OY&feature=player_embedded
I never knew about the shortcut at the beginning O_o
Pretty safe bet now that Sonic Team has a clear idea on what defines alternate pathways now. Don't just make two paths that will eventually meet with each other 5 seconds in, make it so that I NEVER go back to the main path for a long while except in small moments.

Get more crafty with enemies and enemy layout, and bring in the level design you brilliantly showcased in Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, and
Seaside Hill (with emphasis on wide space as demonstrated in the latter two plus City Escape), and remove the 2D areas or at least dwindle them to a bare minimum, and everyone will gladly say that Sonic is back with the platforming elite.

:phone:

finalark

SNORLAX
If I downloaded the game and ran it, would I still be able to play this?
Um, probably not. I'm pretty sure Generations is better on a console anyway and its not worth shelling out the $40+ for a graphics card just for one game. You might as well get it on the PS360 in that case.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So I got a new computer and I was considering buying Generations for it as well. I looked up my computer's specs and it gives me this

If I downloaded the game and ran it, would I still be able to play this? The only thing that's failing atm is my graphics card and I'm not sure how I'd go about to upgrading that and what not
I'd get it for a console. The Intel GPU family is and always will be the worst crap on the market.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I just found something out.
In modern Sky Sanctuary, you guys know that spiraling downward part after the first "fountain"?
You can grind on the side of it O_o

Grandeza

Smash Master
Just bought the game today and just played City Escape. I thought the 2 dimensional city escape was really well done. The whole running from the truck throughout the whole level was great. Enjoying myself a lot so far.

By the way has anyone else had a glitchy experience on Modern Seaside Hill. I've had a lot of annoying glitches cause me to die.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Just bought the game today and just played City Escape. I thought the 2 dimensional city escape was really well done. The whole running from the truck throughout the whole level was great. Enjoying myself a lot so far.
If you're a big Sonic fan, you'll enjoy who shows up for final boss :p

By the way has anyone else had a glitchy experience on Modern Seaside Hill. I've had a lot of annoying glitches cause me to die.
I haven't encountered many glitches during my playtime, minus the glitch I mentioned above.

Sariku

Smash Master
My speed run on Modern Sky Sanctuary (1:45:43)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXKMetA4Hw
Very sick speedrun, I'm crazy impressed.

I'm on PSN and I've having trouble looking at the leader boards. I try to and it gives me an error code and says press circle to try again. Well, it doesn't end, and I have to quit the game whenever the error pops up. This is only when I try to see the leader boards, not during the game, but it's annoying.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok let's see, I have found all the red rings of the entire first two eras and I have Classic Crisis City and Modern Rooftop Run all checked out for red rings. Not looking forward to Planet Wisp at all

So close and yet so far ;_____;

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've had modern Green Hill and modern Chemical Plant completed for red rings.
I need one more in modern Crisis City >_<

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Very sick speedrun, I'm crazy impressed.

I'm on PSN and I've having trouble looking at the leader boards. I try to and it gives me an error code and says press circle to try again. Well, it doesn't end, and I have to quit the game whenever the error pops up. This is only when I try to see the leader boards, not during the game, but it's annoying.
Thanks alot man :)
also, I had the same problem on the 360 version for the 30 sec trial. I just kept going back in and out until it worked. Idk, hopefully it does the same for you.

Also, an even faster speed run of Modern Sky Sanctuary (1:39:17) for you guys to enjoy :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuAD_2Ww6E

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Impressive run! in other news I just got myself up to 8th place on modern crisis city with 2:11 :D. Still I have to wonder what tricks 1st place used to get a time below 1:50 >_>

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Have almost all the modern red rings except one in Crisis City and a few in Planet Wisp.

City Escape's boarding red ring was a ****ing nightmare. I restarted a gajillion times just to get that thing along with the red ring during the truck chase.

I, actually, encountered a glitch during the truck chase. I decided to turn into Super Sonic, right? I, somehow, got thrown behind the trucks path. At the final stretch, on the wall, I got thrown off the wall and died. What ticked me off is that it was the first run where I got my 2 remaining red rings and I was on my last life. :mad:
Never again.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The skydiving red ring in Chemical Plant an the skateboarding red ring in City Escape are the single worst rings to get ever

Luckily I lucked out on Chemical Plant because my hand slipped and it pushed me towards the red ring but I spent 33 lives (I actually ****ing counted) getting that one red ring in city escape. So ****ing in accurate it wasn't even funny

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I wasted so many lives on that boarding red ring with the double jump >_<

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No, he gets Homing Attack if he gets all the red rings in Classic Planet Wisp

Either that (because I did them all in order) or he really does get it after you get all the red rings for him lol

And is it me or did they PERFECTLY tune His World on Perfect Chaos? No listen to that ****, I'm 100% serious, they tuned that **** so perfectly on that level it's as if they designed it to be used with that level but then took it off because it wasn't even 06

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
His World + Perfect Chaos?
I gotta try it sometime. Sounds good o.o

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How many skill points does it use? I bet it's fairly handy.

It makes sense for Sonic to have learned homing attack during the classic days since he already has it the first modern game

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
What is it? My phone can't see it

You know the troll in Classic Crisis City?
Well, the signpost has classic Eggman with a troll face and it looks like he's waving good-bye lol
I saw it last night on Retro XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know the troll in Classic Crisis City?
Well, the signpost has classic Eggman with a troll face and it looks like he's waving good-bye lol
I saw it last night on Retro XD
Dude I swear that was the greatest troll ever. I fell to my death the first time and I couldn't even stay mad at it. I just laughed at how awesome that troll was

And watch out for Classic Planet Wisp. Single hardest level for red rings on all the 2D levels and so many of them require precision and demands you stay on the top path or else have to start again because there's never any way back up

Top Bottom