• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How was Heroes a Dreamcast game?

S1-S3, SA1-SH (?), and S06-SC

I don't get how Sonic Heroes is considered a DC game if it's on the GC >_>

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Heroes was the last main game to be ported to the consoles from the same generation the Dreamcast was a part of.

finalark

SNORLAX
Heroes (and almost everything else SEGA released from 2002-2004) was originally going to be a Dreamcast game. Close enough IMO.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I honestly find it funny how Sonic went from a cocky *** little douchebag to a more serious but playful mannered hedgehog lol

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I love these animations.

Seriously. They put so much detail into it, it's amazing.

I saw Sonic doing his Sonic 3 pointing animation. My jaw dropped from seeing that. Can't believe the "laying down" animation from Sonic 2 made it in as well :awesome:

And I preordered Generations for the 360 today :bee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does the 3DS version look any good? I know it'll be the lesser of the versions, but I want to know if they put any effort into it. I want some good games on my 3DS.

I'll buy the XBOX version as well, but Sonic on the go could be fun

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The 3DS version now is a vast improvement over its E3 demo. Classic Sonic plays the closest to the Genesis games than any game has, and M. Sonic's Rush portions are working good, with some good sense of 3D depth thanks to the system.

This is the greatest video ever btw.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I hear the 3DS version is definitely something to get since it's improved from the version shown at E3. It's also worth getting if you want the ge that focuses more on Sonic's 2D adventures rather than his modern ones. For example Mushroom Hill Zone (which I'm extremely hyped for) is going to be in this game and probably others spanning from his Genesis games all the way to his advance ones. I am disappointed that we'll see Sonic Rush gameplay rather than a true 3D modern sonic gameplay, since that's been one of the things I've always wanted to see happen on a handheld. That, and Modern Sonic's Green Hill Zone on the 3DS isn't one of the prettiest things in the world from what I saw at E3, but as stated, at this point Sonic 3DS is a massive improvement from the E3 demo so I'm hoping theyll at least make it prettier before the game goes out from the boring lack of background that just has water in the back

Also, that is indeed one of the greatest things I've ever seen and is extremely lol. Am I the only one who thinks that Classic Sonic looks REALLY weird when he shuts his eyelids though? I honestly feel that they shouldn't have added those folds there and just should've made it a less weird looking eyelid thing where you can tell that it folds, but it doesn't end up looking as weird as that. Oh well, it's not like I'm gonna notice it since he's so tiny on the screen and whining about might as well sound like I'm whining about Modern Sonic's eye color

:phone:

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
That, and Modern Sonic's Green Hill Zone on the 3DS isn't one of the prettiest things in the world from what I saw at E3, but as stated, at this point Sonic 3DS is a massive improvement from the E3 demo so I'm hoping theyll at least make it prettier before the game goes out from the boring lack of background that just has water in the back
Funny you mention Green Hill. It looks much better than the E3 version.

E3 version.
Current version.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok GHZ looks better now, I'm satisfied

And yeah, it was to show how good it looked, not how buggy it still is. Besides that bug is most probably in the old build too so I have no idea what the problem is? There's still like 4 months till this game goes out to the public so there's still A LOT of time to fix this bug

EDIT:

Holy **** I just finally saw the full version of the City Escape stage. I swear I felt tears welling up when I saw the truck

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I can't really tell much of a difference from those blurry cell phone camera shots to be honest. There's not a problem. I'm probably not going to buy this game either way. I jsut thought that post was funny.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

I spy lots and lots of chili dogs.

Also, Splash Hill Zone is apparently in the 3DS version, complete with the orca chase from Sonic Adventure's Emerald Coast.

Scratch that, it may very well be Emerald Coast.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Emerald... COAST?
Lucky 3DS >.<

And I wonder what the OST differences are.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/08/sonic-generations-more-rooftop-run-details/

A Sonic Generations preview from Digital Spy and SEGA’s latest batch of screenshots left us wondering if Sonic & Knuckles‘ Flying Battery Zone would feature partially within the game’s Rooftop Run stage. Now, thanks to a new preview from PlayStation Universe, we know that is not the case.

Before we talk about Classic Sonic, I want to clear something up. Other previews have been vague on what happens at the end of the Classic Sonic version, and some fan sites have suggested that you may see other old levels within levels due to this. This is simply untrue in Roof Top Run, which we’ll explain in due time.

The preview then goes on to detail exactly how the section with the airship plays out.

Due to the amount of classic and even modern levels that Sonic Team has not been able to directly include in the game, recreating all these stages from scratch for each Sonic allows them to take inspiration from other sections. In City Escape and Roof Top Run, Classic Sonic sees the return of the floor springs from Sonic 2 (the ones where you run over them and they cause Sonic to spring up and do a barrel roll in the air), and a platforming section reminiscent of the boss in Labyrinth Zone of Sonic 1 awaits the Blue Blur as he makes his way up the Clock Tower.

Some Sonic fans may remember you had to do this with the Werehog in Unleashed, but let us assure you, it is nowhere near as frustrating or fiddly. Once at the top, the “airship” is in range, and you rev up a Spin Dash to go into it, only to exit it a moment or so later, the camera tracking Sonic from outside the airship as he zips around it from left to right, implying he’s damaging it as he goes. As he steps onto a platform at the base of the airship, he sprints towards the goal post in a set piece based on the bombing run in Sonic 3′s Angel Island Zone.

It certainly sounds like an interesting set piece. Hopefully we’ll see footage of it soon at any of the various upcoming gaming events Sonic Generations will be playable at in the next month.
The part about Sonic 3's Angel Island Zone chase sequence involving the airship bomb run being included in Spagonia has me salivating a little.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
As he steps onto a platform at the base of the airship, he sprints towards the goal post in a set piece based on the bombing run in Sonic 3′s Angel Island Zone.
:awesome:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I just reserved this game today. I'm so ****ing excited, I can't wait until they announce a physical pre order item if any

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A skin would not come with its own victory animation, I would think.

Super Sonic data is present in the demo coding, there's even a Classic Super Sonic model in there. This is just the first time it's been extracted, along with Modern Super Sonic, and shown.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was told by the guy who works at GS today when I preordered Generations that the costume thing is basically avatar items for XBL
Oh...

Well than, I guess Super Sonic is in the game at one point than.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want the super and hyper versions of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles to return

Top Bottom