• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Generations - You're too sloooow if you haven't bought this game yet!

NTA

Smash Lord
Did anyone else happen to see a video of the ending of Sonic Generation's or a playthrough or something? Must've been a fake video or something... :/
I thought I saw it on my homepage but now I see nothing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This trailer is filled with nostalgia.

Also, I am the only one finds it funny that after SA2 Sonic taps his foot like "...and this is where it started to go down hill."
I was thinking the same. Also, I'm surprised seeing Secret of the Rings on there.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic CD is in the trailer, and it's getting rep through the Metal Sonic boss fight. Maybe Secret Rings's Night Palace or Sand Oasis will be featured in some way, or maybe featured in DLC, however slim that might be.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
*checks flickr*

*sees this in paticular*

TAILS X2
Holy **** Classic Tails looks so goddamn adorable. I can't wait to see Classic Knuckles, and a Classic Shadow (I don't need him to be in-game, I just think it'd be neat to see how he'd look like as a Classic character)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StD3g1WFcBo

I really need to have that techno mix of Live and Learn >_>
Wow that was really cool of them to make that vid. Really makes you think all the good and bad **** he's been through. Lack of Sonic and the Black Knights puzzles me though since they added Sonic and the Secret Rings and lord knows that's 100x worse than Black Knights

EDIT:

Imo Sonic tapping his foot could mean SEGA acknowledging "Hey guys we're aware that the series went to **** after this game and we agree with you on that"

Or at least till Sonic Colors

finalark

SNORLAX
Imo Sonic tapping his foot could mean SEGA acknowledging "Hey guys we're aware that the series went to **** after this game and we agree with you on that"

Or at least till Sonic Colors
That's how I perceive it.

Although I actually thought that Heroes was really fun.

EDIT: Read the comments and feel your brain spill out of your ears. The only with worse than youtube comments and the Sonic community is combining to two.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
While fun, it's definitely of lower quality than the Adventures as far as the fanbase is concerned.

Can't be considered going "downhill" if the next step is a 50 foot drop.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I found Heroes to be REALLY mediocre. Too buggy, not enough action, too much of other characters, etc. I also didn't like the whole story too much. Especially Team Dark's story with the whole "Is Shadow legit or not" thing going on

Sonic tapping his foot could also mean that Heroes was truly the first game where Modern Sonic appeared, not Sonic Adventure unlike popular belief (well idk this is just me trying to formulate some sort of theory). I mean, Sonic Adventure still had plumpy fat Sonic, and Sonic still had some of his weight on in SA2. I believe that it could be till Sonic Heroes where SEGA finally started going on board with the whole "Sonic is sleek, tall and fast" image that they tried to push down our throats, which again also goes back to SEGA trying to change Sonic to our current generation, which, if you think about it, is also into sleek, tall and fast.

Or sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and we could be looking into it more than we should be looking into

And I agree, the Sonic fanbase is nauseating, and YouTube only makes them even more vomit inducingly ********

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think you guys are looking into it too much. For me it's like the halfway point. 10 years of Sonic, and then the next 10 years of Sonic games. lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
In that case, the Sonic franchise has been going up hill since Sonic '06.

Then again, not like you can go anywhere but up after hitting rock bottom that hard.
Imo it is. Like you said, after hitting rock bottom like that, there's no where to go but up. I mean, there HAS been improvement from 06, just not that much of it :/

finalark

SNORLAX
Too buggy, not enough action, too much of other characters, etc.
SA1? :troll:

I also didn't like the whole story too much. Especially Team Dark's story with the whole "Is Shadow legit or not" thing going on
I actually rather enjoy the story (although Tail's voice actor was the worst in that game) mostly because it was closer to a traditional "Eggman is causing trouble again! Lets take him down!" with the twist of "it was metal sonic all along!" I enjoyed that a lot more than the overly serious and overly complex plots of most 3D Sonics.

Sonic tapping his foot could also mean that Heroes was truly the first game where Modern Sonic appeared, not Sonic Adventure unlike popular belief (well idk this is just me trying to formulate some sort of theory).
Modern Sonic was created FOR Adventure as a part of SEGA trying to rewrite their image back in the DC days.

I mean, Sonic Adventure still had plumpy fat Sonic, and Sonic still had some of his weight on in SA2.
Some concept art from Sonic Adventure:

The sleek, long legged modern Sonic we know today (who I love way more than classic Sonic btw).

SA2 concept art:

Sonic is still slenderhog here.

I believe that it could be till Sonic Heroes where SEGA finally started going on board with the whole "Sonic is sleek, tall and fast" image that they tried to push down our throats, which again also goes back to SEGA trying to change Sonic to our current generation, which, if you think about it, is also into sleek, tall and fast.
Just like my, wait, what were we talking about again?

But in all seriousness, SEGA has been actively using modern Sonic since they redesigned the franchise for a new generation way back in late '99.

Or sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and we could be looking into it more than we should be looking into
Well, it gives us something to talk about :/

And I agree, the Sonic fanbase is nauseating, and YouTube only makes them even more vomit inducingly ********
DURH HUR I HATE MODERN SONIC BECAUSE I DIDN'T GROW UP WITH HIM DERP HERP

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No I agree, I honestly didn't like SA1 for those reasons either. It could be that the game also ages pretty badly and I never played it when I was growing up

I actually rather enjoy the story (although Tail's voice actor was the worst in that game) mostly because it was closer to a traditional "Eggman is causing trouble again! Lets take him down!" with the twist of "it was metal sonic all along!" I enjoyed that a lot more than the overly serious and overly complex plots of most 3D Sonics.
As I said I only really didn't like Team Dark's story, the rest were ok I guess

Modern Sonic was created FOR Adventure as a part of SEGA trying to rewrite their image back in the DC days.

Some concept art from Sonic Adventure:

The sleek, long legged modern Sonic we know today (who I love way more than classic Sonic btw).

SA2 concept art:

Sonic is still slenderhog here.

Just like my, wait, what were we talking about again?
I have been proven wrong and I acknowledge that. In a sense I also didn't grow up with SA2 either because I had gotten my hands on it when it was already ported to the GC

[quoteWell, it gives us something to talk about :/[/quote]

Still a plausable theory though :p

DURH HUR I HATE MODERN SONIC BECAUSE I DIDN'T GROW UP WITH HIM DERP HERP
DURRRRRRR THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T USE OLD PHYSICS DURRRRRRRR

finalark

SNORLAX
No I agree, I honestly didn't like SA1 for those reasons either. It could be that the game also ages pretty badly and I never played it when I was growing up
Hell, I grew up with SA1 and I can agree with you that the game has aged horribly. I think that people remember the hype and excitement of the Dreamcast and the initial "wow" factor of SA not only being the first 3D Sonic, but the first "real" Sonic game in years more than they do the actual game itself.

As I said I only really didn't like Team Dark's story, the rest were ok I guess
I liked Chaotix and Sonic's. Rose and Dark were both pretty poor.

I have been proven wrong and I acknowledge that. In a sense I also didn't grow up with SA2 either because I had gotten my hands on it when it was already ported to the GC
I don't think you have to be there when the game came out to grow up with it. IMO any game you enjoyed as a kid you grew up with.

Still a plausable theory though :p
I'm going with either "**** went down hill here" or "disappointed that SEGA stopped making consoles."

I just realized that I'm on the tail end of being a member of the last generation that grew up on SEGA consoles (I was seven when DC came out and played the console extensively then). I feel... proud?

DURRRRRRR THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T USE OLD PHYSICS DURRRRRRRR
HUR DUR SONIC 4 SUX BECAUSE HIZ EAYS ARE GREN DERP DERP

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"durh hur i hate modern sonic because i didn't grow up with him derp herp"

"DURRRRRRR THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T USE OLD PHYSICS DURRRRRRRR"

"HUR DUR SONIC 4 SUX BECAUSE HIZ EAYS ARE GREN DERP DERP"

is this crap really necessary? you guys sound like little whiny fagboys and it adds absolutely nothing to this stimulating conversation. "herp derp DUR" is supposed to make the other person look stupid but all it truly does is make you look extremely emotionally involved in a video game.

finalark

SNORLAX
Jesus, toilet, we were just poking fun at the fanbase. Do you always have to criticize everyone else because you're so ****ing convinced of your own superiority? Does your massive ego make you feel like you can just throw your weight around or is it because having a red name makes you feel empowered?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Jesus, toilet, we were just poking fun at the fanbase. Do you always have to criticize everyone else because you're so ****ing convinced of your own superiority? Does your massive ego make you feel like you can just throw your weight around or is it because having a red name makes you feel empowered?
I second this wholeheartedly

Enlighten us why we can't make fun of the fanbase? Just because you have seniority over nearly ever member on the boards and because you have a red name it doesn't mean that you can just criticize others the way you do.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Actually, I probably give people even more **** when I'm not a mod. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, it's just fun to make fun and insult people. I'm a jerk. Sorry. I'm really nice in person!

Also, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you two were directly responding to each other/insulting each other. My mistake, carry on!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
*slips in unnoticed*
Back to the game at hand. Did anyone else note that the new Drift is Sonic's spindash?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A4TLfXt4Ys
*slips away unnoticed*
Holy **** bigger speed gauge. I honestly wish it were like Color's speed gauge except I don't at the same time. I mean I enjoyed the challenge that a gauge that can only be replenished by Wisps brought, but then I also don't like it that rings didn't replenish them (or did they? I haven't played that game in the longest so I can't remember :/)

this guy is one of the most annoying people i've ever heard. I recommend everyone mute this video or skip to whenever he shuts up.
At least he's no-

At least he's not Mariotehplumber.
Yeah what he said.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I thought people would notice the new Drift. Guess they noticed the annoying voice. XD

No, really, I hate SEGA for putting so much in the demo to be spoiled. I can't leave them, though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Paradise has mentioned that there will be more Generations news in September. Such news includes footage of a new level, and supposedly confirmation that the non-Sonic characters are playable in Special Missions.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Y'know what'd be awesome? If after beating the main game/collecting all the Emblems or whatever we collect if anything, get S-Rankings on everything, we can play as the other characters in Classic & Modern Sonic's stages.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Y'know what'd be awesome? If after beating the main game/collecting all the Emblems or whatever we collect if anything, get S-Rankings on everything, we can play as the other characters in Classic & Modern Sonic's stages.
You know what I think that would be cool. I just don't think except maybe Metal Sonic and Shadow, none of these levels would work for other characters because of the fact that I doubt that characters like Amy would have the speedboost ability.

Also, I played Sonic Unleashed today. I now understand why that game is so terrible, since 3/4s of the game (seriously it might as well be 3/4s because of how ****ing long the Werehog levels are) suck. God those Werehog levels are tedious, long, hard, and the controls are sometimes way too unresponsive because when the aiming reticle appears to latch on to a ledge, even after mashing the B button, I still plummet to my death because of how unresponsive the controls are

Top Bottom