• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Songs you're digging

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
And just why not this is what it was intended to do expand your musical knowledge

No offence but why do the mods have to ruin everything
Because a big list of songs doesn't expand musical knowledge unless those names are accompanied with some kind of information about those songs. Otherwise this is just a postcount++ spam thread. From now on I'll give infractions to anyone that doesn't say anything about the songs they name.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
My preferred music genre is video game music - orchestrated or symphony. I also enjoy songs with Latin lyrics.

Some groups need to work on their pronunciation, though (e.g. veni 's "v" should be pronounced like "when" and not like "vent;" there is no "v" or its sound in Latin). If they use Latin lyrics, they should use Latin pronunciations.

I guess I can talk about Nobuo Uematsu's One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy VII - Sephiroth's theme) today. There are many remixes.

Original: Brings memories of Supernova! The song plays while fighting Safer Sephiroth.
One Winged Angel for Kingdom Hearts 2: The more updated version from KH. It plays against the optional Sephiroth fights.
One Winged Angel by Eminence Symphony Orchestra: It is a detailed classical rendering.

Translation for all songs listed above.
It borrows heavily from Carmina Burana.
Note: "Veni veni venias; ne me moria facias" repeats 6 times instead of 8 times for KH2 version.

A different lyric set (FFVII Advent Children), though not classical:
One Winged Angel.

Translation. An original lyric set!

urdailywater

Smash Hero

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Colors and Worlds End - FLOW
Whispers in the Dark - Skillet
Scream and Afterlife - Avenged Seven Fold

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Stars- The Weepies
I don't know why, I think it's just fun to listen to.

Lol and caramelldansen....

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
Because a big list of songs doesn't expand musical knowledge unless those names are accompanied with some kind of information about those songs. Otherwise this is just a postcount++ spam thread. From now on I'll give infractions to anyone that doesn't say anything about the songs they name.
Dude it is giving the chance to see what songs that we havent heard off and this is expanding our database. so im sorry if that was my intentions its not my fault if you guys think its spamming because its not it is just sharing music

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Dude it is giving the chance to see what songs that we havent heard off and this is expanding our database. so im sorry if that was my intentions its not my fault if you guys think its spamming because its not it is just sharing music
Can I let you in on a little secret? One. Linkin Park is terrible. Two. Arguing with a moderator gets you absolutely nowhere.

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
Can I let you in on a little secret? One. Linkin Park is terrible. Two. Arguing with a moderator gets you absolutely nowhere.
First off Linkin Park is Beastly

Secondly the moderators can bite me

Thirdly This proves a point in sharing music we share our likes and dislikes about music if we choose not be forced to and this spamming crap is starting to tick me off

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Saying a band is terrible is completely opinionated.

Dismantle. Repair - Anberlin
Addicted - Saving Abel
The Promise - New Found Glory

lol im very weird.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Perfect topic for what I'm doing right now: Listening to Hummer by The Smashing Pumpkins on repeat. It's the best song on Siamese Dream and one of the best songs I've ever heard. Amazing.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Saying a band is terrible is completely opinionated.
This is true.

However, it is fact that Linkin Park relies on angst and empty, whiny lyrics as the core component of it's sound. And over time, the band has only gotten less innovative with its music. So it's understandable that several people would come to the conclusion that it's terrible (or at least not very good).

It is an opinion, but a lot of smart, well-versed music fans have come to share that opinion. And I think that says something.

EDIT: Oh, and to stay on topic, I'm totally digging pretty much all of Sonny's music. Specifically Skrillex, Cusp, and Moss. Which is interesting, because when I first heard Moss (several months ago), I hated it. But now it's finally resonating with me.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
This is true.

However, it is fact that Linkin Park relies on angst and empty, whiny lyrics as the core component of it's sound. And over time, the band has only gotten less innovative with its music. So it's understandable that several people would come to the conclusion that it's terrible (or at least not very good).

It is an opinion, but a lot of smart, well-versed music fans have come to share that opinion. And I think that says something.

EDIT: Oh, and to stay on topic, I'm totally digging pretty much all of Sonny's music. Specifically Skrillex, Cusp, and Moss. Which is interesting, because I first heard Moss (several months ago), I hated it. But now it's finally resonating with me.

What band doesnt nowadays?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Heh. I think it's fair to say I'm addicted to Still Alive, the theme of Mirror's Edge. It's so awesome, and I've been listening to it on loop for the past hour or so.

>.>

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What band doesnt nowadays?
That's part of my point. There's A LOT of that going around now. We should be honoring the artists who swim against the current, not the ones who are content to get swept downstream with all the other mediocre bands popping up lately.

Now, Linkin Park do at least have seniority on their side, but they should still be evolving past this woe-is-me thing. They've released three albums, and still their lead singer REFUSES to explore any emotion other than anger or depression. It's stale now. I don't care about his non-existent problems anymore.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Meh, ignore the lyrics and listen to awesome intruments :p

We Made It was pretty good. It might drive Linkin Park to explore newer emotions in music.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
bump... with a new list :)

Pretty much everything by Fugazi... If I had to pick a song it would be Waiting Room
Rites of Spring- For Want Of
Thursday- As He Climbed the Dark Mountain
Alexisonfire- Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama
Sigur Ros- Ny Batteri
Circa Survive- The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is the Dose

I know I'm forgetting something. I'll edit later.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
My updated list, since it's been quite a bit.

Artist - Song

A Skylit Drive - According To Columbus
I Killed The Prom Queen - Say Goodbye
Senses Fail - Garden State
Dance Gavin Dance - Alex English
Funeral For A Friend - Maybe I Am?
All That Remains - Overcome (the song, not the entire album)
The Junior Varsity - Get Comfortable
The Devil Wears Prada - Number Three, Never Forget
Sky Eats Airplane - their whole self-titled album
Saosin - Translating The Name EP (preferrably They Perched On Their Stilts, Pointing And Daring Me To Break Custom)

That about sums it up right now.

Top Bottom