• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I noticed

Smash Apprentice
While monkeying around in training mode with Falcon I discovered the following (maybe just for myself):
You can do some reversed Falcon punch without actually having a longer animation/moving.
Just while being in the air flick the control stick in the opposite direction you face and press b afterwards. This makes you turn while being in the air and doing Falcon punch.
As far as I tested this it works out on many Neutral B attacks what might open some possibilities.

If this has been discovered already/is a common technique, please spank me :lick:

PS: Maybe I'll add some video later

Tenki

Smash Hero
that's not a reverse falcon punch. it's a 'turnaround B'. when you do RFP, you can control where you fall, but when you do turnaround B, you're stuck falling in the same direction you were already going.

Smash Apprentice
that's not a reverse falcon punch. it's a 'turnaround B'. when you do RFP, you can control where you fall, but when you do turnaround B, you're stuck falling in the same direction you were already going.
I know that the original RFP looks somewhat different, I just thought that this could be useful with other Neutral B's, not especially Falcons.

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
but whats the advantage of a "turnaround B" with falcon? its only slight faster than a RFP right?
so theres no real use for it?

except in mindgames xD

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Very common :) Was pretty popular in melee, so being that they made it more convenient by adding a reverse function for it in brawl.

Hype

Smash Lord
Plus when you do the B reversal you can control you DI, and you cant when you do a turnaround B (with the falcon punch).

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I once saw this awesome Captain Falcon do this in a team match in spectacular mode. Dash dance > backwards SH > reverse falcon punch in mid-air. The diddy didn't know what hit it. Followed by a 'Show me your moves'. Is this what your talking about?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
but whats the advantage of a "turnaround B" with falcon? its only slight faster than a RFP right?
so theres no real use for it?

except in mindgames xD
Since you don't get DI, the best use for it seems to be combining it with a reverse Punch for a 360 punch, which gives you DI that you couldn't get with a regular aerial Falcon Punch but keeps it in the same direction.

Please see my Falcon Punch video guide in the video thread before you go making threads about Falcon Punch....

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
Since you don't get DI, the best use for it seems to be combining it with a reverse Punch for a 360 punch, which gives you DI that you couldn't get with a regular aerial Falcon Punch but keeps it in the same direction.
**** youre right ...i forgot the DI ...yeah its quite usefull to have a "forward" punch with DI like the reversal turnaround punch is

...should train it maybe xD

Top Bottom