• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Samus Tactics

-F_a_T_e-

Smash Cadet
I am making this simple guide for the more advanced moves samus can excecute; such as combination attacks with missiles, wavedashing and simple attacking. I could assume anyone that plays an effiecent samus will be able to do these moves and so this "advanced" tactics" guide is meant for the people who would like to know some....more cool in-depth moves.

Comments or Suggestion would greatly be appreciated. Ill list some moves that ive exploited and also some moves that ive noticed in certain videos. Hope it benifits into making your guys samus more.....awesome. XD

1. Missile-Jab

-simple short hop, fire a power missile, land and wavedash forward into a simple neutral A. This will cancel out the knockback from the power misisle and you could follow up with a combo such as Dsmash, Fsmash....etc.

2. Missile-Punch

-simple short hop, fire a power missile, land and wavedash into a Fsmash. This combination makes the fmash connect at the same time w/ the missile and results in great knockback +Dmg XD

3. Misisle-Roundhouse

-simple short hop, fire a power missile, land and wavedash into a f-tilt. This combination is fast and adds nicd knockback power w/ damage. Its also easier to pull of the tilt than the Fsmash. Also named...chuck norris kick O.o (dont ask)

4. Missile-Heel kick

-simple short hop, fire a power missile, land and wavedash into a Dsmash. Combination results in misisle hitting but since the Dsmash hits also....the opponent flies in the other direction. Nice Knockback power (in other directionw/ dmg) but i wouldnt call it as useful as the others.

5. Missile-Grapple

simple short hop, fire a power missile, land and wavedash into your grapple beam. The result will be your grapple beam connecting first and then the missile hitting. this adds tons of knockback power and can push opponents off edge or away from you. This move is a little trick since you need to grapple them before the missile hits.

6. Missile-Axcel kick

-simple short hop, fire a power missile, land and wavedash into up-tilt. This move is HARD to do since the Up-tilt has a little lag. The result is great knockpower power + dmg.

For the missile grapple and missile axcel kick is highly recomend a perfect wavedah for the distance.^^^These are the more common power moves you can do w/ samus and now its time to list some more advanced...firing moves combining bombs. Woot. -Help from Wii4mii-Thx
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Bomb-o-fire

-lay a bomb, then lay another bomb. This combination forces you up so you can fire a missile or a blast. Can be used outside of stage. <---Most people know this one so ya.

2. Bomb-o-fire-x2

-Lay a bomb while tilting back, then lay another one while tilting foward. By tilting foward your first bomb will propel you upwards in which case you fire a power missile while tilting backwards. After your power missile is fired the second bomb will explode propeling you up again....in which you can fire another missile. After that you can missile cancel and fire another if you want or do something else. This trick is a little difficult for beginners since it requires some spacing between bombs.

3. Bomb-o-fire-BOOM!

-Lay a bomb while tiling back, then lay another one while tilting foward. By tilting foward your first bomb will propel you upwards in which case you fire a power missile while tilting backwards/ After your power missile is fired the second bomb will explode propeling you up again...in which you can fire your big shot. *this attack aims a little high but it CAN catch people off-guard. Bascially its a repeat up top will your blast. Combos

4. Bomb-BOOM!-o-Fire

-Lay a bomb while tilting back, then lay another one while tilting foward. By tilkting foward your first bomb will propel you upwards in whcih cause you fire your BIG BLAST. You do NOT need to tilt because the Blast will send you back automatically making you hit your second bomb....in which cause you can fire another missile and missile cancel...etc.

^^Here are the more advanced firing techniques..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have more to come but computer class is ending so i dont have much time to list them all.

1. Advanced Grapple recovery off-ledge

This move CAN be a little bit tricky f you dont not know how to DI. So i hope you do..

Run of edge and lay a bomb immediately while DIing back onto the ledge. After landing RUN off again DIing backwards then grapple your bomb. The result is the bomb canceling out your grapple, in which you can follow up w/ numerous combos. BE CAREFUL if you miss you bomb....you will die. <3 The grapple beam can cancel out enemies attaacks and works pretty will against floaties. Its effective for combos..more bombing....hell anything. My personal favorite.

2. Grapple Cancel

-Lay a bomb, normal airdodge, grapple. (Thats it)

3. Backwards Grapple Cancel

Lay a bomb DIing foward then air dodge backwards and grapple. Can be followed w/ more combos etc. I prefer a missile.

4. Fowards Grapple Cancel

Lay a bomb DIing backwards then air dodge foward and grapple. Can be followed with many combo and or/ different approaches.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misc. stuff thats good.

1. Reverse wavedash tilt

-this is practically wavedashing backwards into a B-tilt. The result is faster and actually a better range for the tilting feature of samus. If you dont beleive me try it out and you'll see how effective it can become. My favorite way of tilting her chucknoris kick..

2. Bomb-o-sex-kick

-When your opponent is hit upward by varius attacks such as Dair or up-tilt you can execute an undodgeable sex kick. Simply lay a bomb under your opponent in the air (About a foot or two) and wait for your oponent to fall into it. The result will damage your opponent, propel you upward enough to perform an undodgeable sex kick. Its simply amazing. <3 mike nasty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edge-Guarding Misc./techniques

1. Reverse edge kick

-when oppoent is "trying to recover" from the ledge/edge run off the stage an do a B-air. This attack will knock the opponent in the wall nearly sending him/her/it down to its death....Unless your opponent has hella fast reaction time and techs.

2. Wavedash Off into Sex Kick

-one of the best edge guarding techniques. When someone is recovering simple wavedah off the ledge and perform the sex kick. There can be 2 results from this.

1. Oppoent hits back of samus sending them FURTHER out.
2. Oppoent hits front of samus sending them into the wall. (woot)

3. Grapple- reverse Power Missile/Blast

-After an air-dodged grapple wall jump off and fire your power missile towards the edge. This can usually catch people off guard and its pretty sweet when pulled off. The same principal can be applied w/ the blast shot however you must tap *right* and THEN fire or samus will shoot in the direction you wall jumped with solves and accomplishes....nothing.

4. Straight-up-Meteor

-either run off the ledge and D-air...down (duh) to send the opponent to its death or wavedash backwards off the edge into a D-air. Its lovely...when pulled off). I recommend wavedashing off backwards because then you can grapple back on so it really doesnt matter how far you had to go for your spike to hit. XD

^^^ for these attacks you might have to land in order to perform an air dodge..

5. Dash-O-bomb

-one my most favorite combo starters!! Waveash up to some one and simply lay a bomb. The result? The bomob propeling you up ward into combos and soo much more. Its amazing.I would usually do Dair after but nAir works to.

Thats all i can write now my class is ending. I have a LOT more to show you, including an excellent video demonstrating everything.

Hope this makes your game more....interesting. Ill edit soon!

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
As a player that has recently picked up samus, are bomb tactics 1-4 usable in air?
The first 1 does ^^ The other 3 are on the land.
Yes, that is correct. Me, making a missile guide, should know this. In order for Samus to be pushed up by the 2nd bomb, she must land on the ground before it explodes. Landing will prevent the airborne missile fire lag, which is technically a missile cancel, allowing the 2nd bomb's explosion to push her up.

For the missile part, how about putting a MC->Dash Attack?

The Bomb-o-fires, except the BOOM ones, are covered in my missile guide, so you should look there to make sure you didn't miss anything, OR pm me if I missed something important on it.

Good stuff, though. Can't wait for the updates.

-F_a_T_e-

Smash Cadet
^^

sry wii, i didnt mean to steal any info from you. I can erase it if oyu wish...

But ya ill be able to update in a few as soon as ive completed my list on paper...so i dont make any mistakes.

And thank your missile guide helped me a lot.

Good stuff! XD

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
Yes, that is correct. Me, making a missile guide, should know this. In order for Samus to be pushed up by the 2nd bomb, she must land on the ground before it explodes. Landing will prevent the airborne missile fire lag, which is technically a missile cancel, allowing the 2nd bomb's explosion to push her up.

For the missile part, how about putting a MC->Dash Attack?

The Bomb-o-fires, except the BOOM ones, are covered in my missile guide, so you should look there to make sure you didn't miss anything, OR pm me if I missed something important on it.

Good stuff, though. Can't wait for the updates.
i know that grapple canceling doesnt work for the pal version, is it the same case with this?

if no one is sure ill try it out and let you know.

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL, I love how you made sure to put at the end of the title "(Read)" just incase some people were not aware. thats gold.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
If we were capable of using the Charge shot during SWD it would be considered the ultmate technique!
no one would know what hit'em.
Only WTF?

Lyanth

Smash Rookie
hey this awesome! thanks for making this guide! as a start up smash/samus player, this gives me something to work towards and some good combos to start practicing.

now the question becomes, linked vids demoing each move?

Bosh

Smash Cadet
i always found samus's long range abilitys awesome but once u do start implementing a projectile to melee combo it really add's strategy to the game im maining samus and my friend and i have been training with our mains in melee i really wish they would make the bomb from down b cause more damage in brawl ne1 agree?

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
i always found samus's long range abilitys awesome but once u do start implementing a projectile to melee combo it really add's strategy to the game im maining samus and my friend and i have been training with our mains in melee i really wish they would make the bomb from down b cause more damage in brawl ne1 agree?
Nonono, it's not "ne1 agree?" it's

"MIRITE?!?!?!?!?!?"

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Resurrection of this thread seems extremely unnecessary since everything in the first post is common knowledge.

Top Bottom