• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some New Vids Vs my friends Marth

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I thought you guys might be interested in some vids versus Marth.

If anyone else wants to post vids of battles Versus Marth, MK, Luigi, Peach or anyone else who has a super hard matchup feel free. Also explain the strat used to achive victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKKCbHVguQs

The first vid was full of lols. Lots of retreating forward b's and some smashes and grabs when you can get within range. My Down B super armour really messed with his recovery apparently... pretty funny stuff. I screwed up my teather guard for my first death. I used a pikmin to slow down his attack for his second death. I stright up suicided for the next death. I used down tilt quite a bit this match. I like how it pops him up for some up airs and smashes. Best moment of the match was the edge guard at the end. It was perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUiepCMFkAE

Much better fight on BF. I got off some good pivot grabs first life. Easy kill when I predicted the roll recovery. Good use of teather can really give some free damage or a good gimp kill. I used it a few times his second life. Down tilts used yet again for some pop ups. He had a impossible time getting back up second life... it was amazing. I just read him and stood just at the right spot to punish any recovery. Not really sure why he let go of the ledge but I died soon after. I also used what I call "piviot smash" when I get a perfect shield. Just piviot and smash. Hits pretty often.

Let me know what you guys think and I would love to see some more videos and what you did in them to win. "mindgamez"

asob4

Smash Champion
i couldn't really tell
that was the worst marth i have ever seen
he was horrible at spacing and messed up A LOT

maybe i'm just biased cause i see BoA's and mikeHAZE's marth at every tourney.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Well played to both of you.
I think you pivot grab a bit too much, but that's just me.
Try this: U-Throw...Up-B
It's a combo that NC-Echo used, and it works pretty well.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
your olimar is good but his marth is garbage so its hard to tell. I liked right at the beginning when you dthrow, usmash, dair, fair. The dair didn't connect but it still flowed nicely and i've never seen that before. I tilt way more than you but to each his own. Good wac to save your life (offensive whistling works well too) and edgeguarding. Marth is a pretty tough matchup for most people and you did well against him

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Yeah he is still learning Marth.. sick Shiek (thats who he plays doubles with). He plays amazing in doubles and keeps me alive to insane %'s

Oh and thats a up air not a down air... i just time it so i can get the f air off right before I land.

Top Bottom