• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some easy Pika questions

Kilo16

Smash Rookie
Hey guys 1st post here on smash boards...I was introduced to them by my friend, u guys call him sulfur, when i upgraded to Brawl+

I would consider myself a pretty good pika, but i never got into quac-ing and the such...

so enough intro here are my questions:

Any tips on finisher pika moves...it appears to me that the only ones ive got are bdown, fsmash, and usmash. i have recently added an usmash tilt to my arsenal. Am i not being creative enough or what? When i brawl i can build up dmg but i never seem to be able to kill them which forces me to put on more damage untill i can land a finisher and by then i either loose my 75% lead or get behind by alot...

my 2nd question, and this is probably answered somewhere else but Im having trouble beating my friend @ fox...he is very good...but he doesn't use any fancy stuff...the fanciest thing he uses is a shine (we call it a shine idk if u guys do but he jumps out and spikes enemies w/ his shield).

Anyway im just looking for tips on beating a fox.

THX and much appreciated!

wool

Smash Ace
First post
LOL zig

number 1:
i mean those are the KO moves on the ground but you can always KO someone when they are in the air trying to recover. for example if falco is below the stage and doing his laggy upb you can tail spike him (uair) and make him drop even further and farther away from the stage which kills him since his recovery sucks.

WAIT.
are you looking for brawl tips?
wrong section. (and i dont like brawl :laugh:)
if not...

number 2:
spam b
do stuff
if he doesnt wavedash or l-cancel then just roll and punish his lag.

Kilo16

Smash Rookie
LOL zig

number 1:
i mean those are the KO moves on the ground but you can always KO someone when they are in the air trying to recover. for example if falco is below the stage and doing his laggy upb you can tail spike him (uair) and make him drop even further and farther away from the stage which kills him since his recovery sucks.

WAIT.
are you looking for brawl tips?
wrong section. (and i dont like brawl :laugh:)
if not...

number 2:
spam b
do stuff
if he doesnt wavedash or l-cancel then just roll and punish his lag.

haha c idk what wavedash is...and i guess i should just read up on the fourms a little more

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
you can use alot of arials as ko moves, but you gotta do it just perfectly, and up air is the most beautifal kill move in the game.

Watch
chad, axe, zig zag, and n64 if you wanna learn ko moves, and how to fight in general.

also, read the guide on how to play pika, that will teach you terms such as uair and wavedash.

oh yea, and watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE&feature=related

AXE 09

Smash Master
The advanced how to play videos are what i watched in order to get advanced and stuff. very good vid, TDK.

Kilo16: are you talking about melee or brawl? it sounds like you're asking for brawl tips lol. if i knew anything about brawl, i'd help you out. for any melee questions, you can definately come here:p

watch the video that tdk samurai referenced. if you practice the things on that vid (plus part 2, 3, etc.) then you'll get to be very good in no time. trust me

Top Bottom