• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somacruz2 Zelda Vids (COMPILATION VID ADDED) GOING TOE 2 TOE

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, here's a couple of matches i had at a recent tourney, ill post more here once they finish uploading, but chew on these for a while and tell me what you think.

COMPILATION VIDEO CHECK IT OUT
GOING TOE 2 TOE (A ZELDA COMPILATION VIDEO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcD_fhZNk7E

Soma vs Chivo (Friendly)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3_zKrdYBc

Soma vs Chivo Tournament Match
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krjsnv4oqeE
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FbsT6ghIuc
Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tgl7ZjfqDk

Soma vs James tournament Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k4EViCP6iU

Soma vs Tonyo Tournament Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntUxajZnvM

i recommend wathcing these in high quality cause of youtube's bull@#$%

tell me what you guys think

(more to come) youtube is just slow

Kayn

Smash Cadet
Just watched the first tourney video. From what I see you seem to dash towards you opponent then roll to the other side of him in excess. I'm sure GnW caught on to this and dsmashed everytime you dashed in.

At 2:35 you performed a dtilt to usmash. Since GnW is a light character, if you Utilted it probably would have given you a KO due to the attack decay of usmash. You should be able to kill him in general around the 100 mark. Overall I think you need to sheild grab much more. Brawl is suited to a more defensive style so predicting an attack and taking avantage is more benificial than charging in with a dash attack repeatedly (which I saw you did at the end there).

Not much to say about the second tourney vid.

Third: You're attacks seemed to be comprised of fsmash, usmash, and dash attack. There were times when a fair/bair would have gotten the ko but rather you continued to rack up damage. In general Zelda can outspam GnW. Take advantage of this. Make him approach you. At the very least it might give you some extra damage on him.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Just watched the first tourney video. From what I see you seem to dash towards you opponent then roll to the other side of him in excess. I'm sure GnW caught on to this and dsmashed everytime you dashed in.

At 2:35 you performed a dtilt to usmash. Since GnW is a light character, if you Utilted it probably would have given you a KO due to the attack decay of usmash. You should be able to kill him in general around the 100 mark. Overall I think you need to sheild grab much more. Brawl is suited to a more defensive style so predicting an attack and taking avantage is more benificial than charging in with a dash attack repeatedly (which I saw you did at the end there).

Third: You're attacks seemed to be comprised of fsmash, usmash, and dash attack. There were times when a fair/bair would have gotten the ko but rather you continued to rack up damage. In general Zelda can outspam GnW. Take advantage of this. Make him approach you. At the very least it might give you some extra damage on him.

against game and watch, i go for what i can. thats why i use fsmash and uspmash to set up a defensive perimeter around myself. I don't go for the kick to often just yet, im starting to get better at it, but i play with this GnW so much he knows how to punish me. Recently i've been adding some teleportation combos that are working out pretty well.

Thanks for the Critique though, ill def. take em to heart ^_^

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I wish I could land lightning kicks like you do. I'm such a terrible Zelda, lol...

Anyway, good compilation video.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
omg...that video is amazing.

I can't believe you made it back when that Kirby sucked you up and threw you under the FD XD

GodAtHand

Smash Lord

I disagree with the outspamming of GnW simply because you cant use Dins fire very much or else he will fill up his bucket. Other than that I agree with everything you said. Good vids overall btw!

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with the outspamming of GnW simply because you cant use Dins fire very much or else he will fill up his bucket. Other than that I agree with everything you said. Good vids overall btw!

Thanks! im trying to get better

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
I watched your GAW fights. One thing I gotta say is you're not taking advantage when you and him are occupying the same space. Whenever this happens you try to roll away as fast as possible every time. Why aren't you using Nayru's instead? At least d-smash, it's faster than his.

Also, when going for the kill, u-til is better than up smash, especially after the amount of times you used it in the first fight. Also, practice your SH fairs and bairs. I saw several instances where when GAW was open and you rolled instead.

However, you did utilize the d-tilt combo several times quite well, same with uair.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I like your recovery after the Kirbycide attempts.
Thanks! ^_^ i pride myself in know ing farore's wind quite well after practicing it forever. i used to kill myself with it all the time before hand.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, not bad. You're solid on the ground but don't forget you have access to B's invincibility frames. I like to use it to get people away from me quickly.

Your air game is interesting. You really know how to connect those fairs well but I would try to use uairs more. They're easily spammed and make for an easy kill.

Nice vids.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, not bad. You're solid on the ground but don't forget you have access to B's invincibility frames. I like to use it to get people away from me quickly.

Your air game is interesting. You really know how to connect those fairs well but I would try to use uairs more. They're easily spammed and make for an easy kill.

Nice vids.
Thanks for the complimet and advice! ^_^

I actually decided that my game needed more toe and then i just learned to perfect the timing.

I actually did some testing, and im defenitly going to listen to you, Up air is Zelda's best killing move by far, killing heavy weights at around 110%, which killing heavy weights for me is a big issue!

I don't fully understand Nayru's Love, i don't use it that often, could you explain it to me in more detail? i would appreciate it thanks!

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Very nice vids. I agree with taking advantage of NL's invincibility frames. Use it to distance yourself from your oppnent....I hope I explained it right. lol

Top Bottom