• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020...y-cry-5-absolutely-pumped-next-capcomvs-game/

V, this is the second time you are involved with fighting game news and/or leaks and we all know how the first one ended up (for now). I sure hope you're allowed to say stuff like this.
I know that practically everyone is hoping for another MvC game, especially since Infinite left such a sour taste for a lot of people...but I'm actually pulling for a sequel to Tatsunoko VS Capcom. That game was an underrated gem and it didn't receive the attention it deserved due to being shackled to the Wii.

It probably will be Marvel since MvC2's 20th anniversary is coming up and I'm fairly certain they'll do something to celebrate, but damn I can hope.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know that practically everyone is hoping for another MvC game, especially since Infinite left such a sour taste for a lot of people...but I'm actually pulling for a sequel to Tatsunoko VS Capcom. That game was an underrated gem and it didn't receive the attention it deserved due to being shackled to the Wii.

It probably will be Marvel since MvC2's 20th anniversary is coming up and I'm fairly certain they'll do something to celebrate, but damn I can hope.
I would love a TvC sequel (or HD Remakester) just so I can play it on something that’s not the Wii.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Heck yeah I'm down for that too!
I hope they just call it Jump vs Capcom though. For some reason, Shonen Jump vs Capcom doesn’t really roll off the tongue the way the other vs games do. Just try saying them aloud and you’ll see what I mean.

“Marvel vs Capcom”
“SNK vs Capcom”
“Tatsunoko vs Capcom”
“Nintendo vs Capcom”
“Shonen Jump vs Capcom”

See? The last one just feels clunky to say.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I hope they just call it Jump vs Capcom though. For some reason, Shonen Jump vs Capcom doesn’t really roll off the tongue the way the other vs games do. Just try saying them aloud and you’ll see what I mean.

“Marvel vs Capcom”
“SNK vs Capcom”
“Tatsunoko vs Capcom”
“Nintendo vs Capcom”
“Shonen Jump vs Capcom”

See? The last one just feels clunky to say.
Or Jump Stars vs. Capcom.

But Jump still works.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For an Jump vs. Capcom game. My most wants would be.

Jump:
All-Might
Katsuki Bakugou (So I can use him as an punching bag)
Kuwabara (Though Hiei, Younger Toguro and Kurama would be more likely)
Medaka
Izuku Midoriya
Yusuke Urameshi

Capcom:
Amaterasu
Augus
Asura
Nemesis
Phoenix Wright

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd kill for some decent netcode since Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection was absolutely atrocious for fighting games.
Seriously, just take the original, put it on Switch, update the graphics and textures, add in a bunch of new characters and stages UMvC3 style, give it an English dub, and boom. New vs. game.

Ha. I just had a thought that I know is not happening but would be amazing to me. Midway vs Capcom. The company behind Mortal Kombat vs the company behind Street Fighter. Probably the only way those franchises would ever meet.

God, if Capcom really wanted to come out the gate swinging and pleasing fans this gen, they’ed finally swallow their pride and work with NRS to do MKvSF........

Ryu and Scorpion at the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
We know for sure that in a hypothetical Shonen jump vs Capcom that Street fighter and Dragon ball will hog half the roster.

The cover art has to Goku and Ryu doing a Hadoken and a kamehameha at each other.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'd honestly love a proper jump crossover game. Like dbfz except have Naruto, Deku, Luffy etc in there. (Yes I know jump force exists but I meant like a real fighting game)

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I'd honestly love a proper jump crossover game. Like dbfz except have Naruto, Deku, Luffy etc in there. (Yes I know jump force exists but I meant like a real fighting game)
I mean, Jump Ultimate Stars exists... even though it's a JP exclusive.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So now i've started thinking about who would be in a jump fighting game with like 25 characters. I got about half way through making a roster so now i'm curious what do you guys think/ who do you think should be added?
Son Goku
Vegeta
Frieza
Naruto Uzumaki
Sasuke Uchiha
Monkey D. Luffy
Roronoa Zoro
Ichigo Kurosaki
Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi
Jotaro Kujo
Izuku Midoriya
Arale Norimaki
Gon Freecss

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A more detailed idea of how I think Sonic 2 is going to go.

Longclaw managed to escape and survive that's why Tails knew who Sonic was. She probably met him at some point and told him about Sonic and then Robotnik comes to Sonic's planet and manipulates the Echidna tribe telling them about Sonic being on earth and sending their strongest warrior Knuckles to seek him out so Tails goes to earth to warn him. Beef will occur between Sonic and Knuckles given what happened to the former when he was younger.

Robotnik will use this to his advantage such as capturing animals like in the games and once Sonic and Knuckles puts their differences aside due to things not going the way he planned he'll unleash Metal Sonic given the quill he still possesses which Sonic, Tails and Knuckles will have to face. I think Amy also has a good chance of appearing as well.

Post-credits probably will tease Shadow.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I used to think Mii Brawler sucked. After actually trying them out more and more now, though, I am starting to rethink my stance on Brawler.

Basically what I'm saying is Miis are stealth the best part about Smash Bros. since Wii U, and they need more cool costumes that make them straight up just other characters. Like, the amount of customization with Miis is actually incredible when you get creative with it, and yet, hardly anyone plays them. It's a dang shame.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hopefully SFV's recent change will be good for the future, Garou got a ****ton of sales solely by the netcode announcement and anyone who's making fighting games should pay attention to that
I suck ass at Garou but I may check out the PSN version because of the netcode changes.

Either way, it's pretty cool to see the devs make a major change this late into the game's lifespan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A more detailed idea of how I think Sonic 2 is going to go.

Longclaw managed to escape and survive that's why Tails knew who Sonic was. She probably met him at some point and told him about Sonic and then Robotnik comes to Sonic's planet and manipulates the Echidna tribe telling them about Sonic being on earth and sending their strongest warrior Knuckles to seek him out so Tails goes to earth to warn him. Beef will occur between Sonic and Knuckles given what happened to the former when he was younger.

Robotnik will use this to his advantage such as capturing animals like in the games and once Sonic and Knuckles puts their differences aside due to things not going the way he planned he'll unleash Metal Sonic given the quill he still possesses which Sonic, Tails and Knuckles will have to face. I think Amy also has a good chance of appearing as well.

Post-credits probably will tease Shadow.
Nah. I don’t think they’re gonna ever get to any of the Adventure stuff. No way this goes beyond a trilogy. Sonic 2 will be Sonic 2 + Sonic CD and Sonic 3 will be Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Plus, shadow’s story would make zero sense with the whole multiple planets thing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No way this goes beyond a trilogy.
Actually it does have a chance and its already said there are plans to make this a series.

The film is predicted to make $68 million opening weekend. That's on the level of Detective Pikachu success and given it made as much opening weekend as HTTYD:THW its possible it could reach $500 million.

This isn't bombing.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I used to think Mii Brawler sucked. After actually trying them out more and more now, though, I am starting to rethink my stance on Brawler.

Basically what I'm saying is Miis are stealth the best part about Smash Bros. since Wii U, and they need more cool costumes that make them straight up just other characters. Like, the amount of customization with Miis is actually incredible when you get creative with it, and yet, hardly anyone plays them. It's a dang shame.
The customization is nice, sure, but I just straight up don't like the aesthetic of the Miis.

I also don't find them very fun to play, TBH.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nah. I don’t think they’re gonna ever get to any of the Adventure stuff. No way this goes beyond a trilogy. Sonic 2 will be Sonic 2 + Sonic CD and Sonic 3 will be Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Plus, shadow’s story would make zero sense with the whole multiple planets thing.
The only way I see Shadow working in this universe is if he's a literal clone of Sonic made on from his DNA.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Actually it does have a chance and its already said there are plans to make this a series.

The film is predicted to make $68 million opening weekend. That's on the level of Detective Pikachu success and given it made as much opening weekend as HTTYD:THW its possible it could reach $500 million.

This isn't bombing.
I’m not saying that. Name a single film franchise that goes beyond a trilogy (that wasn’t rebooted decades later) that’s not Star Wars or Marvel. Unless you make the REALLY big bucks you just don’t get more then three movies out of a series. Hollywood rule of thumb.

The only way I see Shadow working in this universe is if he's a literal clone of Sonic made on from his DNA.
Which at that point he would just be Bio-Metal Sonic so just use Metal Sonic. Plus it would take away everything about Shadow’s backstory that actually makes him interesting.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m not saying that. Name a single film franchise that goes beyond a trilogy (that wasn’t rebooted decades later) that’s not Star Wars or Marvel. Unless you make the REALLY big bucks you just don’t get more then three movies out of a series. Hollywood rule of thumb.
Fast and Furious
How to Train Your Dragon
John Wick
MonsterVerse

Just to list a few.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As long as he has his SA2 personality and not the over exaggerated modern interpretation in game for this.
But what about Maria? What about Gerald Robotnik? What about the Space Colony Ark? What about the moments in his life that define his character? Without all that, you’ve just reduced Shadow to a scowling black Sonic clone. He’s not Shadow anymore. He’s just Metal Sonic 2.0.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
But what about Maria? What about Gerald Robotnik? What about the Space Colony Ark? What about the moments in his life that define his character? Without all that, you’ve just reduced Shadow to a scowling black Sonic clone. He’s not Shadow anymore. He’s just Metal Sonic 2.0.
The story in Sonic Adventure 2 is terrible and everyone knows it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe during the events of Sonic 2 during the parts on earth. The government gets samples of Sonic's DNA and creates Shadow and bonds with a character based on Maria who could be the daughter of this high offical?

Dunno just giving out ideas.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fast and Furious
How to Train Your Dragon
John Wick
MonsterVerse

Just to list a few.
First off, MonsterVerse is them trying to make a cinematic universe. So like Marvel, it almost doesn’t count.

2, what are you taking about? Dragons only got three movies.

3..... arg. I concede on Furious and John Wick (I didn’t know the series had more then one movie tbh. It’s completely off my radar). But just because there are a few exceptions doesn’t mean that the pattern doesn’t exist. That’s why it’s a rule of thumb. 9 times out of 10 it applies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Think I said it before, but it's nice to see a fellow Mii fan.

Come here pal.
high five.gif

Still upset they nerfed Grenade Launcher tho....

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe during the events of Sonic 2 during the parts on earth. The government gets samples of Sonic's DNA and creates Shadow and bonds with a character based on Maria who could be the daughter of this high offical?

Dunno just giving out ideas.
Nah. That would be way too forced. I know he’s popular, but let’s face it. The only way to make Shadow work in this series is by making him not Shadow. And would you even want a Shadow in name only?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First off, MonsterVerse is them trying to make a cinematic universe. So like Marvel, it almost doesn’t count.

2, what are you taking about? Dragons only got three movies.

3..... arg. I concede on Furious and John Wick (I didn’t know the series had more then one movie tbh. It’s completely off my radar). But just because there are a few exceptions doesn’t mean that the pattern doesn’t exist. That’s why it’s a rule of thumb. 9 times out of 10 it applies.
Die Hard
Despicable Me
Harry Potter
Indiana Jones
Ice Age
James Bond
Jurassic Park
Lord of the Rings
Mission: Impossible
Pirates of the Caribbean
Planet of the Apes
Rambo
Resident Evil movies
Rocky films
Shrek
The Mummy
Twilight movies

Ok I'll stop...

Sonic is also one of the most popular gaming franchises with an massive fanbase. Its not too much of an stretch to see this going beyond 3 movies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom