• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok, like, you can be disappointed with Byleth. I'm ok with that, but, like, c'mon, dude, look at this WOMAN.
Byleth2-881x1024.png

Look how ****ing beautiful she is. She's gorgeous.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Random Mii costume ideas that probably won't happen:
:ultbrawler: Cinderace
:ultgunner: Intelleon with a finger gun.
:ultswordfighter: Baboom with a big stick.

I generally prefer more animal-like or monstrous starters, but if they're going to be humanoid we may as hope they make the most of it.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Mii Costumes

Even though I'm not going to say "We're getting an Indie every time now"

Could totally see a Hollow Knight Swordfighter costume with like, Grimm Troupe battle music.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't expect any Gen 8 Pokemon for the remaining 6 fighters but I can honestly see us getting a Ball Guy mii costume

Let's gooooo

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I was gonna make a detailed post by post breakdown of anti-Byleth arguments but I've heard too much and just have to speak from my heart.
All I hear is me me me. How can people act pissed that one of almost 90 characters is not their favourite. Don't moan about a character being put in for the enjoyment of millions Fire Emblem fans. If you want a game where every character caters to you, make that game yourself.
And people wanna complain about too many characters. To those people I ask, why does Mario have every imaginable character from main games? The protagonist, secondary protagonist, main villain, secondary villain, all the minibosses (Koopalings as Bowser Jr alts), two love interests and minor characters and cameos like Wario, Doctor Mario and Rosalina. Heck they ran out of characters and had to use a generic basic enemy in the game to add more. Compare that to Fire Emblem that has unique characters and stories that can be centuries or landmasses separate from one another, tell tales of armies filled to brim with characters with set personalities, and out of 17 games only a few get one main character.
You could also complain about too many blue haired swordsmen, but what about all the brown and blond haired swordsmen from other series? Or how about all the similar brawler characters? Just face it, there will always be some similarities in a game about fighting each other to death. Just punchers, kickers, melee weapon users and gun wielders.

Now for some more lighter topics:

Arlo ignores everything that isn't in his immediate bubble of interests. He never experiments with new things because he's afraid he might like something new and one of his bull**** uninformed opinions he might have to double back on.
I mean a lit of that sounds like how autistic people behave. Which I'm not saying he is or using it as a diss. Just saying people have different levels of interest in different things and just because someone has more specific interests than you doesn't make them an asshole.
On the topic of favorite youtubers, oh boi that’s a toughy.

Gonna have to go with the man...the myth... the legend....

View attachment 258140
M E!!
Emergency exit! ?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Byleth is bland af in TH but I'm glad the choice avoided salt over which house leader deserves it the most

I'm honestly most excited for the stage and the various background cameos

D

Deleted member

It’s like she’s staring into my soul. It’s creepy. Must be good for when she has to lecture her students. She looks she’s going to go ape**** if I talk to another classmate.
Tell that to my math teacher, is the nicest person you ever met until you get onto his nerves(and by that I don't just mean crap like poking him or just being annoying in general, it requires alot of effort) then he's liable to go ape**** on the entire class.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Imagine how poor Kirby felt when Sakurai got those death threats about Byleth in Smash over characters like Dante, Crash, Geno, Doomguy and others...
e7f9aae8dbaa98b4f3fed7e84849e936.jpg

Makes me want to hug and comfort him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine how poor Kirby felt when Sakurai got those death threats about Byleth in Smash over characters like Dante, Crash, Geno, Doomguy and others...
He got death threats over Fire Emblem?

I gotta see this to believe this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Morning!

What are we gonna do today?
View attachment 258315
Makes me want to hug and comfort him.
Me too. I’m sorry Kirby. For everything. And those people went way to far.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
still so surreal seeing Byleth get in.

you don't know how happy I am.

out of all characters in the fighter's pass, (including the likes of Joker and Terry, who were also pretty hype in their own regard), Byleth is the one that makes the entire thing for me.

January 28th can't come soon enough

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

out of all characters in the fighter's pass, (including the likes of Joker and Terry, who were also pretty hype in their own regard), Byleth is the one that makes the entire thing for me.

Pretty much same. I got a Switch game, a girl and a first party, all of them at the same time. And that's after Joker!

I don't think I can ask for more (a 21th century franchise would be neat but that's just me being greedy).

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

You'll totally pick up Three Houses after this, right? ;)

D

Deleted member

So how much time do I have to wait until peole stop talking/raging about Byleth?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You'll totally pick up Three Houses after this, right? ;)
maybe, Ultimate's my only Switch game so far, and I still got a couple others on bucket list

but yeah, I've been keeping it in mind

So how much time do I have to wait until peole stop talking/raging about Byleth?
as a Corrin fan, I can assure you, the salt will pretty much be permanent

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It’s like she’s staring into my soul. It’s creepy. Must be good for when she has to lecture her students. She looks she’s going to go ape**** if I talk to another classmate.
I mean, she is pretty much emotionelless at the start of the game, so while it doesn't excuse the fish eyes entirely, it does fit in a sense.

Edit: posted too fast, dang it phone

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

maybe, Ultimate's my only Switch game so far, and I still got a couple others on bucket list

but yeah, I've been keeping it in mind

as a Corrin fan, I can assure you, the salt will be pretty much permanent
Damn might as well leave the Smash community until the next character comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom