• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

killa k

Smash Ace
Any1 know the required specs to run dolphin games at fullspeed? Might be getting a new pc soon. Here are the specs.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit operating system

2.5GHz AMD Athlon X2 7550 dual-core processor
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphics
4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM

NixxxoN

Smash Master
looks like you PC is probably enough. But the most important thing is to enable dual core when playing.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Its not so much that it's AMD but rather that its clock speed is low, and its AMD [Athlon, I think, are meh?]. Yes, I know clock pipelines > the actual clock itself, but that CPU isn't even that great in the first place.

I use:
3.4Ghz Core 2 Duo [OCd E8400]
4GB DDR2 RAM clocked at DDR2 762 for 1:1 CPU to RAM ratio
9600GT [decent graphics card]

And I can't run Dolphin full speed. Close, but not really, even with dualcore enabled. Melee runs almost full speed [if it even dips to 58FPS I don't consider it full speed], but maybe the recent work on it will help a lot.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I think the frame rate clipping occasionally to 59-58 fps is more related to the fact that the emulator isn't perfectly coded as opposed to how good your computer is. But I guess that's obvious.

Superstar

Smash Champion
It clips often, not occasionally. It may be related to the emualator in that during those times the min specs rise to some obscene number due to bad coding, but it is related to the computer.

I hear some more recent update helped with "emulator hang" which caused dips. I'll get a new Dolphin soon.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Depends on how many people use the server. I sometimes set up my own server because it gets crowded on the main Aussie server some nights and I want to play teams. But otherwise P2P is generally better.

malva00

Smash Master
fix desynchs? play on mupen XD

then you won't find desynch that much of a problem unless your internet is weird

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well, desynchs are basically a server problem. You can play for hours on PJ64k without a desynch with p2p.
Its probably due to the different pings, in a 4 players match its probably harder to keep 4 computers synched perfectly, there are usually some issues and doesnt necessarily mean someone of the 4 has a bad internet.

malva00

Smash Master
Well, desynchs are basically a server problem. You can play for hours on PJ64k without a desynch with p2p.
Its probably due to the different pings, in a 4 players match its probably harder to keep 4 computers synched perfectly, there are usually some issues and doesnt necessarily mean someone of the 4 has a bad internet.
what does p2p have to do with it? we're talking about teams here XD

Top Bottom