• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
saw literally everyone else I knew in 64 make it onto the stream and then I was denied stream time myself because "sorry you're not good enough to be on stream".
whoa this is so weird i was playing a guy online named "hectohertz" and he said litterally the exact same thing to me. what a strange coincidence.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So I'm going to be running the 64 tourney at a biweekly that @ DeLux DeLux is running on March 1st in Lawrence, KS.

Anyone wanna give me feedback on this ruleset? The tourney's only going to be about 24 people and will likely only have a few good players then some spillover from melee and brawl players and some of my friends so take that into account.

SSB64 Ruleset

Tournament Format

Double elimination bracket

Best of 3 games per set

WS, LQ, LS and all finals are best of 5

Game Settings

5 Stock

No items

Team Attack on

All characters available

Stages

Starter: Dreamland

Counterpick: Hyrule Castle, Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle

Gentleman's Rule: Any stage can be played if agreed upon by all players

Set Procedure

• Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called

• The first match is played on Dreamland

• Loser selects the next stage from the Starter and Counterpick stage lists

• Winner selects their character

• The loser of the previous match selects their character

• The next match is played
Above four steps are repeated if necessary

Additional Rules

Pausing is banned, if a player pauses in the middle of a match they can be forced to forfeit a stock. If the pause causes an opponent to lose a stock the pauser can be forced to forfeit two stocks to compensate. (This is at the discretion of the opponent and the TO)

Extreme stalling is disallowed. If there is no movement from either player, the player with fewer stocks/loser percentage is considered to be stalling. Offenders will be dealt with at the discretion of the TO.

Alternate controllers are permitted at discretion of the TO. With an adapter players can use a keyboard, Gamecube/PS2/Xbox/etc controller, fight sticks or other nontraditional controllers. No turbo or macro enabled controllers allowed.

Facebook link
Rule-set looks fine. Is freefreefree lux going to play 64?
It's ACTUALLY CT DeLux AKA Free Free FreeLux now ft. 3x the Free. I intend to enter.

I don't always play Smash 64
But when I do, I prefer Kirby (and then will go 0-2 in bracket)

I'll probably be managing the stream the most of the day doing commentary, so if anyone wants to do a primer for me on all things to know so I don't just talk about the players, hit me up pls!

Should be streaming some steamy smash action at www.twitch.tv/legendoflux

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you just noticed?

doesnt help that im in most of my regional facebook pokemon groups (for TCG) and everyone there is raving mindlessly about HAIL HELIX FOSSIL and reposting the link every few hours for no reason other than OMG THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
kero died as he lived

****posting

~ RIP ~
"I think I ****ed my cousin once"
KeroKeroppi
2011-2014

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
you just noticed?

doesnt help that im in most of my regional facebook pokemon groups (for TCG) and everyone there is raving mindlessly about HAIL HELIX FOSSIL and reposting the link every few hours for no reason other than OMG THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER
The good news is that the joke has absolutely nowhere to go. You can't do anything with it other than just say it, so I can't imagine it lasting longer than a week

rpotts

Smash Lord
So I'm going to be running the 64 tourney at a biweekly that @ DeLux DeLux is running on March 1st in Lawrence, KS.

Anyone wanna give me feedback on this ruleset? The tourney's only going to be about 24 people and will likely only have a few good players then some spillover from melee and brawl players and some of my friends so take that into account.

SSB64 Ruleset

Tournament Format

Double elimination bracket

Best of 3 games per set

WS, LQ, LS and all finals are best of 5

Game Settings

5 Stock

No items

Team Attack on

All characters available

Stages

Starter: Dreamland

Counterpick: Hyrule Castle, Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle

Gentleman's Rule: Any stage can be played if agreed upon by all players

Set Procedure

• Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called

• The first match is played on Dreamland

• Loser selects the next stage from the Starter and Counterpick stage lists

• Winner selects their character

• The loser of the previous match selects their character

• The next match is played
Above four steps are repeated if necessary

Additional Rules

Pausing is banned, if a player pauses in the middle of a match they can be forced to forfeit a stock. If the pause causes an opponent to lose a stock the pauser can be forced to forfeit two stocks to compensate. (This is at the discretion of the opponent and the TO)

Extreme stalling is disallowed. If there is no movement from either player, the player with fewer stocks/loser percentage is considered to be stalling. Offenders will be dealt with at the discretion of the TO.

Alternate controllers are permitted at discretion of the TO. With an adapter players can use a keyboard, Gamecube/PS2/Xbox/etc controller, fight sticks or other nontraditional controllers. No turbo or macro enabled controllers allowed.

Facebook link
You forgot a timer.
I've included a no stalling rule, but I don't plan on using timers on every game unless deemed necessary. I'm pretty certain it'll take significantly more time/effort to manage the timers and make sure they're used properly for every game than they'd save by stopping lengthy matches early. I also don't expect anyone to camp incessantly.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
sangoku do you happen to be expecting a son and daughter to be born any time soon? If so please send the boy to america so that he may one day bring balance to the boards.

han solo its almost your time to shine

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Trolling Infraction

Dear Sangoku,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums for Trolling (2 points, 14 days). If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!
http://smashboards.com/threads/soci...d-to-talk-about.216422/page-672#post-16382288

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,

the Smash World Forums staff

Nearjack

Smash Cadet
He doesn' have time to upload these videos. Wonder if someone could go to his house to pick up the tape, but are apparently very busy in Lima lol

Nearjack

Smash Cadet
Orlando beat to Alancitu in 12 character battle. By the way, VS Alancitu only won by a couple of matches.

The tape ended and can't record the other fights.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
So I'm not really into anime at all, but I just finished Attack on Titan and I'll tell ya, it was not bad. Not bad at all. :rolleyes:

Battlecow

Play to Win
aa confirmed for weeaboo hipster

I watched like half an episode it was bad but IDK what I expected

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i dont have much time for animus anymore :(

shingeki no kyojin is the my little pony of the anime world in terms of insufferable and over-keen fanbase

Last edited:
Top Bottom