• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
wait so what's the cause

javi just wanted to be banned because i guess he LACKED THE WILLPOWER TO JUST NOT VISIT THE WEBSITE

Sedda

Smash Champion
im genuinely interested to know why Kero was banned for that lol. Is Sangoku trolling again? I think Kero has deserved worse for **** he's done in the past.

AAAANYWAY, I'm digging the red tag

Vale

Smash Ace
i was thinking about kero's post style where he pretends to be some kind of master of everything leaving messages to us and realized i do the same thing on another forum. i'd like to justify it by verifying how much everyone else there sucks. to be fair, they're mostly like 12-13 and find it funny so w/e.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
どうして、ファイアーくん?:cry:

私はサンゴクさん嫌いです。

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I never thought I'd see this day. It's as if God, in the form of Tifa herself, came down from Heaven and told me, "Han, I can't give you Megavolt's girlfriend (you'll have to work for that), but I can at least ban Kero."

Thank you, Sangodku.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
wait kero got banned for that? I don't see how that is breaking any rules unless its categorized as "inappropriate material" (which refers specifically to vulgar language and nudity) or "blatant advertising" (nothing was being sold), both of which would be so much of a stretch you'd tear a muscle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDoGqZUHVEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMF5MjzgJrM

God Bless America us, everyone!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Looking for the frame data of Pikachu's up b, also for the dub teleport/extended teleport.

Invincibility frames as well.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i like how you phrased that as a sentence so it doesn't belong in the ask a question thread. smooth moves koro

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
First time on Kaillera in years and I ran into this guy:
(09:28:34PM) * Joins: Orange Kid (Ping: 127)

The drama unfolds:

(09:30:43PM) <Orange Kid> lucky lag ******
(09:32:55PM) <Orange Kid> ****ing camping spammer
(09:36:21PM) <Orange Kid> if i can beat isai and malva i can beat your luck as s

I also encountered a Pikachu that attempted to camp and spam its neutral b... which is probably the worst idea I've seen for a Pikachu. A lot of people seem to try and main an aggressive Samus, favoring Dream Land, which against Pikachu and Kirby by comparison is worse than aforesaid Pikachu.

Edit:

(09:56:31PM) <elph> sick of kirby players, go ddamed noobs

Confronted the Pikachuer:
(10:05:01PM) <Ice Kirby> y u fail pokeman
(10:06:30PM) <josefina c:> callate *****

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Censors are dumb, but I was just giving you a heads up. Sangoku will most definitely edit your post at the very least.

TheCreepyLink

Smash Rookie
Censor dodging. That's an infraction.
Wikipedia sure doesn't censor it, and I even remember it being so when we looked up dirty works over it on a school computer in 1st grade. Is it an infraction, or are you just ******** because you can't beat me in Super Smash Brothers 64? I think you're just mad I'm the King of Smash, bro.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I liked Kero's posts, I thought they were funny. He wasn't serious and he kept the persona alive because so many people took him seriously. His posts were things he found funny and he posted for himself. It was refreshing to see his over-the-top arrogance and condescension sprinkled around animal pictures. He was headstrong and fearless, like nothing could stop him and he had the wind at his back. As for all his political posts, it was all just a facade he put on when I jokingly called him a communist because thats who he was, or at least how he saw himself; a man of the people being what the smash community needed, even if they didn't know they needed it. He went all the way, putting 110% into his character, going toe-to-toe with Koro in a pun battle, and now he's gone like a gentle sunset into the horizon leaving us with nothing but the dark and lonely night. Another room has been booked in smash heaven, its a double and Fireblaster just unpacked his bags...

The Star King

Smash Hero
I liked Kero's posts, I thought they were funny. He wasn't serious and he kept the persona alive because so many people took him seriously. His posts were things he found funny and he posted for himself. It was refreshing to see his over-the-top arrogance and condescension sprinkled around animal pictures. He was headstrong and fearless, like nothing could stop him and he had the wind at his back. As for all his political posts, it was all just a facade he put on when I jokingly called him a communist because thats who he was, or at least how he saw himself; a man of the people being what the smash community needed, even if they didn't know they needed it. He went all the way, putting 110% into his character, going toe-to-toe with Koro in a pun battle, and now he's gone like a gentle sunset into the horizon leaving us with nothing but the dark and lonely night. Another room has been booked in smash heaven, its a double and Fireblaster just unpacked his bags...
You realize Kero isn't permanently banned right.

Last edited:

rpotts

Smash Lord
So I'm going to be running the 64 tourney at a biweekly that @DeLux is running on March 1st in Lawrence, KS.

Anyone wanna give me feedback on this ruleset? The tourney's only going to be about 24 people and will likely only have a few good players then some spillover from melee and brawl players and some of my friends so take that into account.

SSB64 Ruleset

Tournament Format

Double elimination bracket

Best of 3 games per set

WS, LQ, LS and all finals are best of 5

Game Settings

5 Stock

No items

Team Attack on

All characters available

Stages

Starter: Dreamland

Counterpick: Hyrule Castle, Peach's Castle, Congo Jungle

Gentleman's Rule: Any stage can be played if agreed upon by all players

Set Procedure

• Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called

• The first match is played on Dreamland

• Loser selects the next stage from the Starter and Counterpick stage lists

• Winner selects their character

• The loser of the previous match selects their character

• The next match is played

Above four steps are repeated if necessary

Additional Rules

Pausing is banned, if a player pauses in the middle of a match they can be forced to forfeit a stock. If the pause causes an opponent to lose a stock the pauser can be forced to forfeit two stocks to compensate. (This is at the discretion of the opponent and the TO)

Extreme stalling is disallowed. If there is no movement from either player, the player with fewer stocks/loser percentage is considered to be stalling. Offenders will be dealt with at the discretion of the TO.

Alternate controllers are permitted at discretion of the TO. With an adapter players can use a keyboard, Gamecube/PS2/Xbox/etc controller, fight sticks or other nontraditional controllers. No turbo or macro enabled controllers allowed.

Facebook link

Shears

Smash Master
So I'm going to be running the 64 tourney at a biweekly that @DeLux is running on March 1st in Lawrence, KS.

Anyone wanna give me feedback on this ruleset? The tourney's only going to be about 24 people and will likely only have a few good players then some spillover from melee and brawl players and some of my friends so take that into account.

SSB64 Ruleset

Tournament Format

Best of 3 games per set

Game Settings

5 Stock

No items

Team Attack on

All characters available

Stages

Set Procedure

Additional Rules

Pausing is banned, if a player pauses in the middle of a match they can be forced to forfeit a stock. If the pause causes an opponent to lose a stock the pauser can be forced to forfeit two stocks to compensate. (This is at the discretion of the opponent and the TO)

Extreme stalling is disallowed. If there is no movement from either player, the player with fewer stocks/loser percentage is considered to be stalling. Offenders will be dealt with at the discretion of the TO.

Alternate controllers are permitted at discretion of the TO. With an adapter players can use a keyboard, Gamecube/PS2/Xbox/etc controller, fight sticks or other nontraditional controllers. No turbo or macro enabled controllers allowed.

Facebook link
You forgot a timer.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman

SSB64 Ruleset

Tournament Format

Best of 3 games per set

Game Settings

5 Stock

No items

Team Attack on

All characters available

Stages

Set Procedure

Additional Rules

Facebook link
Rule-set looks fine. Is freefreefree lux going to play 64?

Top Bottom