• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Dear 64 community,

Someone please give me some good Kirby practice.

It's like the only match up in the game I'm still not very comfortable with.

Thank you,

Sheer

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm down to play any character, just ask when you play me (goes for anyone)

But yeah nobody plays Kirby in friendlies ever, kind of annoying

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
son of a *****

i wanted to be the first person to beat isai in a 12 character battle

like wtf jousuke whyyyyyyyyyyyy

gah i'm so angry right now

DMoogle

A$
Never thought I'd see the day when people were complaining that Kirby isn't played often enough. Awesome.

I haven't been playing Kirby that much, so he's one of my weaker characters now (relatively). I'll try to give him some more attention.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Lost my first Japanese Style 12 Character Battle against Jousuke by like 7-8 stock. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.
It's pretty obvious your girlfriend is actually a Japanese spy and she told them all your training secrets.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Wow, never thought I'd see the day where Isai lost a 12 character battle. Hoping that Isai gets a few rematches and that they're all record. I didn't know that Josuke was good with non-Samus too - Kikoushi was kind of meh with his non-Kirbys that I played against.

I wonder if he made a SAMUS comeback like he does here.
http://youtu.be/YcsB5ia0hsc?t=7m40s
Jeez, Samus vs Fox on Dreamland is a pretty damn painful matchup for both players and viewers isn't it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wait so this Tatuman guy beat Jousuke in a 12 char battle? Last time they played didn't Isai beat Tatuman pretty convincingly? I guess that was a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago.

B Link

Smash Lord
Isai might've been caught in bad match ups.

And the Isai vs Johnny pika ditto with like 3 zero to death combos used to be one of my favorite ssb videos

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I love playing pika dittos, you're always on edge and everything is super tense. It gets a bit stale to watch though when it turns into nothing but empty aerials because both players are scared to approach.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I just hope that isai did well against jousuke with his fox...

or was experimenting a lot
(J) Fox sucks against (J) samus, but he sucks even more against (J) kirby. He should be (J) Link the whole tournament as the counterpick to samus/kirby

Last edited:

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
(J) Fox sucks against (J) samus, but he sucks even more against (J) kirby. If Isai plays either of them in finals he is going to lose. He should be (J) Link the whole tournament as the counterpick to samus/kirby
why does J fox suck against samus and kirby?

Not bad matchups at all in (U). And samus really can't do much against good lasers besides camp platforms

Battlecow

Play to Win
Kikoushi gets second at those tourneys, close games, and Isai whoops kikoushi with three different characters, but jousuke can beat isai by 8 stocks in a 12CB? Version difference? Has he gotten much better? I don't get it

no JOHNS tho, if he wins he wins

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
why does J fox suck against samus and kirby?

Not bad matchups at all in (U). And samus really can't do much against good lasers besides camp platforms
J Fox isn't bad against J Samus, just not as good because Samus is a better character. Against Kirby though, the matchup is so much harder because Fox can't use dtilt at low percents as a combo starter (Fox's dtilt in J is like the Klobb), and edgeguarding against Kirby using dtilt is hilariously bad since it sends them up. Lastly, you can't substantially DI anything which doesn't help Fox. The only benefit is the invincibility frames on Firefox startup (you were right, Sangoku, it is noticeable).

On a personal note, against Karajan's Kirby, I go from losing a majority of my matches in J to winning a majority in U. It feels like an entirely different matchup.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
So, this is probably common knowledge, but it's impossible to approach a campy kirby (as Fox) on the left side of Hyrule. It can't be done.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
it's impossible to approach a campy kirby (as Fox) on the left side of Hyrule. It can't be done.
Hyrule is so good it'll solve its own problems: wait ~55s and there's a slight chance a tornado will spawn where the Kirby is. He might edgehog though, so be quick to catch him.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
just dtilt him if he's close to the edge, and if he runs away go down there and fight him like a man. Fox has waaaaaaaaaaaay better options than falcon, don't be such a *****

The Star King

Smash Hero
So, this is probably common knowledge, but it's impossible to approach a campy kirby (as Fox) on the left side of Hyrule. It can't be done.
It can be done.

It just has a stupid risk/reward ratio for little effort on Kirby's part.

People like King Junk complain about the tent but honestly I think the left side is way scarier. Unless you're Link, 2 gud.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^that's ****ed up yo. Both the part where he has to cover all the theft losses and couldn't go to evo and the part where 64 isn't on the list

Top Bottom