• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Is it bad that I lost most of my sympathy for the thefts when he included tekken tag tournament 2 but not 64?

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I know the real reason why jyousuke does not want to come to apex.

It's related to why pictures of players are not allowed in (J) tournaments

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So whenever I load up Project 64k and load a ROM (I'll just go with the context of Smash 64), the controller input acts as if my control stick is jammed in the up direction. Everything is fine and ****in' dandy when it comes to the character select screen and mid-game, though. I can only play on Peach's Castle, apparently, because it won't allow me to select anything else. I can only change the settings and select what I want other than at the stage selection screen and the other two I mentioned if I time it appropriately.

So far, I tried switching from Jabo's DirectInput to NRage, which solved the problem temporarily. The problem reappeared for reasons I couldn't discern. Now I don't know what to do, and I want to play this game with y'all.

Halp.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Whenever I switched it back to Jabo's, it still had the same effect. Switching back and forth and even altering the control schemes didn't help.

So I just fixed it and I don't even know what the **** I just did. I just switched back to Jabo's after not touching the emulator for a week or so and now everything is okay. What the ****.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
By the way, how would one go about doing that? I saw the evo one and it needs to have one character per player. That wouldn't work on 64.
I meant a time analysis on a per game basis. So how long does the average match that includes character X include?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think I found Star King.
HOLY ****ING **** d00d

Upon seeing this post, I realized that I accidentally have left an AP Psychology project public on Youtube since May. Thought for a second you found it and broke into a cold sweat. It could have realistically been found by someone from here (it's unlisted as of 2 minutes ago, don't bother). That would've been disastrous.

Mild cross-dressing was involved. And a bunny suit. And poor attempts by a middle class kid at sounding ghetto. I'll leave up to your guys' imagination which ones were done by me, and which were done by my friends. I'll just say I did at least one of those.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
HOLY ****ING **** d00d

Upon seeing this post, I realized that I accidentally have left an AP Psychology project public on Youtube since May. Thought for a second you found it and broke into a cold sweat. It could have realistically been found by someone from here (it's unlisted as of 2 minutes ago, don't bother). That would've been disastrous.

Mild cross-dressing was involved. And a bunny suit. And poor attempts by a middle class kid at sounding ghetto. I'll leave up to your guys' imagination which ones were done by me, and which were done by my friends. I'll just say I did at least one of those.
Why are you afraid of people seeing your face?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Speaking of embarrassing videos on youtube...

If you ever got bored, here is the channel I put all of my videos on from a film class I took senior year. We were supposed to make serious and thought-out videos regarding real-life issues. Needless to say, I failed the class lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlipDogProductions

Oh and there's a super secret SSB surprise at the end of one of the videos.. KeroKeroppi's first ever smash vid on youtube. Enjoy! :awesome:

Vale

Smash Ace
Speaking of Kirby, that reminds me to try winning a game against my friend using only up-tilt and final cutter (recovery). If I remember, I'll report back with results in a few days (Wednesday/Thursday).

^That would be very easy.

How about win with only utilt and upb with samus, yoshi, and jigglypuff.

I managed to do it with Yoshi by spamming eggs and running away on Hyrule. Didn't manage to win with Jigglypuff or Samus though.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
So in the last two days I spent 24hs+ learning 2 new programming languages, reading ARM processor specs, learning pin muxing, mastering linux device tree overlays, just so that I can have a C program running under an operating system communicate to a peripheral processor located inside the main processor that is running binary code written in assembly, over shared memory, outside the operating system. The time it takes between writing the data in the C code to reading it in the assembly is less than 50 millionths of a second. That is less than 1/1000000 frames. Before the data had to go through managed c++, then packed and sent over ethernet, then processed on the other side to send to the N64. That is where the lag came from.

So I have reached my first milestone: having all the groundwork for communicating with the N64 is laid out. Now I need to migrate my old code over, and then create a new input capture program. The minimum delay introduced by the input capture program running on linux is 1us, the most I think I'll see is 1ms, or about 1/16 of a frame. All in all, I am 100% certain the new adapter will be delay-less.

Too Long; Didn't Read: 0 delay KB adapter at Smashacre. (You better show up killer)

malva00

Smash Master
Finally back at the apartment that has my laptop. I was too lazy to post on Brenda's iphone and smashboards doesn't really work on her kindle fire.

We've been mostly sightseeing/shopping during the day (until about 9-10pm) and playing a few games (maybe) of SSB at night. Madrush is here now. Japanese version is still not very fun. Jousuke has helped us a lot with having a place to stay every night.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Why is it less fun? I would think the hilarious sound effects would make up for any deficiencies in the gameplay.

hikachu

Smash Rookie
Can u upload any movie vs Jousuke?
I'm Japanese SSB64 player.I searched ur channel and Nikoniko-movies website but I havent find it yet.
※Nikoniko website has most SSB64 movies in my country.

Please upload any movies even just a little or tell us results vs Jousuke.
I cant wait two legendary player's match-result!! lol
I look forward to see ur match in Kanto tournament 2013 :)

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Can u upload any movie vs Jousuke?
I'm Japanese SSB64 player.I searched ur channel and Nikoniko-movies website but I havent find it yet.
※Nikoniko website has most SSB64 movies in my country.

Please upload any movies even just a little or tell us results vs Jousuke.
I cant wait two legendary player's match-result!! lol
I look forward to see ur match in Kanto tournament 2013 :)
Isai's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MevseC
(J) channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/yaneyane1000

Jousuke won against Isai in a 12 character battle. We do not know if the matches have been recorded. If they were recorded, we don't know when they'll be uploaded

kys

Smash Ace
Yesterday I played some fun teams with DENKEN, ECART, and some AXEMJINX guy. It was like stepping into a freakin' time machine. Great stuff.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Zeus is confirmed for using macro di. Don't play him unless you like being cheated against.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Damn, Jousuke must be beating down Isai pretty hard for Isai to make excuses like this.

Dunno if you're being serious, but real talk, isai has said before this (when he went and body-rocked japan) that he wasn't a fan of J version (as in, he doesn't enjoy it as much)

Plus he's (to a frustrating extent) not the type to sweat the losses

I am sad that he's not playing much smash though.

malva00

Smash Master
Damn, Jousuke must be beating down Isai pretty hard for Isai to make excuses like this.
My main reason for coming to Japan is to be with my girlfriend since her parents won't let her go anywhere else with me other than Japan. It's not to play SSB, but Japanese version has its moments. I forgot my VHS tapes, but I think I can try to record one day before I leave to Kansai. Jousuke isn't coming to Kansai with us.

Why is it less fun? I would think the hilarious sound effects would make up for any deficiencies in the gameplay.
It's less fun because there's less DI, which means you get stuck in combos more easily (like simple up-tilt combos), so it's not as exciting to me.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
damn

i thought isai's main reason to go to japan was to show us cool vids of him vs the japanese on smash

guess i was WRONG

Top Bottom