• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
D'awwww seriously?! That means a lot to me, haha. Thanks so much! I'm still here, but lurking. ;)

I'm actually going to a tournament with Sheer and Tank this Friday. I really need to practice some.
Oh ok. Good to know you haven't disappeared! I've been getting into DK lately and I think you're the only person left on the boards who reps that DK (Jel used to main DK, I think, but now it seems like he primarily plays Fox? lame!)

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I've been thinking about maining DK for awhile now, and then probably Luigi.

.........Am I one of the only people here that don't give a crap about Taylor Swift?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Dabomb is a link main. He still comes on sometimes.

NTA is a luigi main, I think.

The "missing" ZXHunter was a luigi main. Requiem was too.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Oh ok. Good to know you haven't disappeared! I've been getting into DK lately and I think you're the only person left on the boards who reps that DK (Jel used to main DK, I think, but now it seems like he primarily plays Fox? lame!)
Yeah, man. DK is just too hard to use. ;)

But I would never give up on DK. You should see my DK clothing at tournaments. I rep the big ape pretty hard. :colorful:

Also, I watched your matches. You should d-air upsmash more!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dabomb is a link main. He still comes on sometimes.

NTA is a luigi main, I think.

The "missing" ZXHunter was a luigi main. Requiem was too.
Also Narc for Link mains (lol). And there's Q! for Luigi mains. I think NTA mains Fox? But anyways I wouldn't worry too much about there being few mains for whatever low tier, because in the 64 community most people use most characters, so they end up using high tiers for seriouslies.

I mean, I can't name many Link or Luigi mains, but I can name tons of people who are avid players of either character and are big fans. Same goes for pretty much any low tier (except Yoshi has a bunch of mains because he's just that cool (seriously)).

Everybody sucks with DK. I've been playing him a ton lately (when I actually play) because he feels like the one character that has the most room for improvement out of my characters.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
I believe Luigi has untapped potential. Like...not many people main him, it just makes me wanna go back and play him again. ._____.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Also Narc for Link mains (lol). And there's Q! for Luigi mains. I think NTA mains Fox? But anyways I wouldn't worry too much about there being few mains for whatever low tier, because in the 64 community most people use most characters, so they end up using high tiers for seriouslies.

I mean, I can't name many Link or Luigi mains, but I can name tons of people who are avid players of either character and are big fans. Same goes for pretty much any low tier (except Yoshi has a bunch of mains because he's just that cool (seriously)).

Everybody sucks with DK. I've been playing him a ton lately (when I actually play) because he feels like the one character that has the most room for improvement out of my characters.
Wow I completely forgot about Narc. What? I've never seen Q! use Luigi, like ever. He always uses Link and Falcon.

All you have to do is play defensive and Luigi can't win.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I might be thinking of someone else. Quickman? Or is that the same person. Or I think there might have been a "Quicksilver". IDK.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Quickman! was a notorious ness player about at the level of Peek, maybe even better. He dissapeared around 2008. He played brawl for a while but then he stopped playing that too.
;_;

Q! is a Mid B player with not any glaring differences or attributes that make him special. Still good tho

Is Galaxy still active? Stopped playing online about the end of Summer. Probably won't come back anytime soon.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
super pumped for this tay tay album now. i haven't heard much of it yet because I want to here the whole album at once, I'll have to get that soon.

That butterfly feeling in your tummy when that new tay tay comes out :):):):):):):):):):)

prisonchild

Smash Ace
I believe Luigi has untapped potential. Like...not many people main him, it just makes me wanna go back and play him again. ._____.
i don't think so (and he's my favourite character)... he's too slow in general, you have to predict most everything because even when you try to react when you see an opportunity, he's just too slow to get there.

i think jiggs and link have the most potential to be honest

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...You got a point prison, Luigi is kinda slow.

Link has potential and "definitely" Jiggs.

@aa Fox is played so much, so we already most of his capabilities and potential. Yoshi on the other hand....hmmm yea,maybe.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yoshi is fairly popular too, among certain good players in the past couple of years. But he's complicated enough to still have plenty of room for improvement despite his recent development.

Fox is played by everyone under the sun, yeah. But IDK, there's a lot of things that can be improved. Random example: I think short hop uairs are a lot better in a lot of places where most people short hop fair or bair. It seems like people like sticking to their kicks, but in certain situations uair is about just as safe and leads to much higher reward, like a lot of times on shield for example, and definitely if you're capitalizing on guaranteed punishment of a missed z-cancel or something. Or just straight up better in combos. Every time I see someone dtilt -> dair it makes me sad because most of the time uair is the better aerial.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Samus has some potential.

She can use more Up-B when her shield is pressured because always trying to dodge-roll **** is not good for the stocks. She can also play safer and (depending on the player) read better for openings and opportunities. But being able to read better should be something you do for all characters.

kys

Smash Ace
Yoshi is fairly popular too, among certain good players in the past couple of years. But he's complicated enough to still have plenty of room for improvement despite his recent development.

Fox is played by everyone under the sun, yeah. But IDK, there's a lot of things that can be improved. Random example: I think short hop uairs are a lot better in a lot of places where most people short hop fair or bair. It seems like people like sticking to their kicks, but in certain situations uair is about just as safe and leads to much higher reward, like a lot of times on shield for example, and definitely if you're capitalizing on guaranteed punishment of a missed z-cancel or something. Or just straight up better in combos. Every time I see someone dtilt -> dair it makes me sad because most of the time uair is the better aerial.
Totally agree. Uair is so good. Against heavies it's almost as good as Falcon's uair (it might be as good, or even better, but I haven't thought about it too much). The hitbox is ridiculous and it combos so well into everything. It's really impossible to DI out of uair, while dair gives you a sliver of hope.

I always felt that Yoshi had the most untapped potential because of parry, but I suppose you have to draw a line when human limitation rears its head.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Parrying is limited in the way everything is limited. That is, you can't read your opponent perfectly. If somebody did he would be JV 6 stocking everybody. How is this relevant to parrying? Well, a lot of people who don't have experience with parrying seem to not realize this, but a lot of parrying is prediction-based (but of course not all, sometimes it's guaranteed). Often times you need to predict the timing, or how they'll even attack in the first place. I'll elaborate/give examples if you guys want (by request because I don't feel like typing a lot so I don't wanna go into detail for nothing in case you guys already know)

prisonchild

Smash Ace
every character has room for improvement, but i think fox's potential has been realized more than some other characters. a lot of characters have moves that are underutilized (imo like kirby's uair) that will help maximize their potential.

and the fact that isai goes with falcon's dair more than upb at the end of a uair chain makes me think he's on to something... (or just showing off)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
even if it doesn't let you spike, d-air lets you continue pressure with more MEATY D-AIRS (shoutouts to SK...except its not really meaty since they'll probably be up and about by the time you land),

same concept as going for oki as opposed to slightly more damage + reset spacing (up-b)

in actual matches, kirby's u-air leads into f-smash sometimes, everything else is combo video material...unless somebody's hiding secret tech somewhere

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah what aa said about Falcon. It's often a good idea vs floatier characters I think. I do it a bunch and it seems to work pretty well.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about maining DK for awhile now, and then probably Luigi.

.........Am I one of the only people here that don't give a crap about Taylor Swift?
I basically asked "who is Taylor Swift?" a few days ago...

Totally agree. Uair is so good. Against heavies it's almost as good as Falcon's uair (it might be as good, or even better, but I haven't thought about it too much). The hitbox is ridiculous and it combos so well into everything. It's really impossible to DI out of uair, while dair gives you a sliver of hope.
It's quite possible to DI out of fox's uair. Also the hitbox is not that ridiculous horizontally (unlike Falcon's uair). Falcon's uair is much better. Also I don't really think Fox's uair combos into things that well unless you're really good and going for an uair -> double jump fair fair combo. Otherwise it's just a few uairs and then they get out.

and the fact that isai goes with falcon's dair more than upb at the end of a uair chain makes me think he's on to something... (or just showing off)
Dair is standard finisher if you're spiking over the edge. In non-spike situations upB is usually better IMO. upB will typically give you an edgeguard opportunity against most characters.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's quite possible to DI out of fox's uair. Also the hitbox is not that ridiculous horizontally (unlike Falcon's uair). Falcon's uair is much better. Also I don't really think Fox's uair combos into things that well unless you're really good and going for an uair -> double jump fair fair combo. Otherwise it's just a few uairs and then they get out.
Really hard to DI out of Fox's uair on a consistent basis, and anyways you can usually combo off the first hit even if they DI out of the second hit.

Uair combos into a ton of things. I don't even know where to begin. You're just wrong.

But yeah Falcon's uair way 2 gud

Dair is standard finisher if you're spiking over the edge. In non-spike situations upB is usually better IMO. upB will typically give you an edgeguard opportunity against most characters.
Well yeah, that's what he was saying, that maybe Isai is onto something you're not... (hint: he is)

Top Bottom