• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
malva nor isai plays any other fighting games

mevesc does though

as if i recall mevesc is just the abbreviation of marvel vs. capcom with a couple of 'e's chucked in to make it sound like a real name

Sangoku

Smash Master
Oh I see, thanks to the three of you =). I thought having bold spaces didn't work, but maybe that's because I tried to put it at the beginning/end.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lol as I said, it wasn't my point. I just didn't want to offend anyone or something. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Oh apparently I received an email for this mysterious friendship request and it just so happens that it was a dude called "CHO24", which is just sw96 with another name. Good thing I haven't accepted, or maybe it was automatically rejected because he's on my ignore list.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'm going to be there for sure(registered and all), ill be bringing minimum 2 ssb64 players with me as well, up to a rough max count of 6 besides myself

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Havent watch much tennis lately. Mostly because I dont have any favourite player atm. But I saw the wimbledon final yesterday. And Djokovic wasnt even in the final. And murray lost again. And the commentators said that NAdal lost in the early rounds. Hahahaha. It was the best tourney in tennis for quite some time.

I might start spectating again.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Murray has been in 4 Grand Slam finals now. And he has lost all of them. He is a real loser. I dont cheer for losers.

I mean I can cheer for sports teams that never wins big tournaments, and atlethes that never take medals. But a player like murray, who is allmost as good as the best, and come all the way to the biggest finals several times, and then lose all the time. Too me, he is such a loser and I enjoy seeing him fail.

Olikus

Smash Champion
He allways cry when he lose. He is most likely a scottish actor. Federer cried too. I have sympathy for him! Even though I dont really root for him. But he is allright I guess.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Fed is the man. His tennis is aesthetically pleasing.
It was good too see fed back on track. I thought he might was finnished as number 1.

i was going for murray. i think he deserves at least 1 grand slam
I disagree with this sportsmentality. A atlethe dont deserve to win just because they havent won before. The best allways deserves to win. Murray only deserves a victory if he gets one. If you have him as a favourite its another thing though. I followed davydenko for many years, and he never won a Grand slam either. But I never cheered for him just because he hadnt won before. It was because I really enjoyed his playstyle.

If you consider Federer to be aesthetically pleasing, how would you describe Djokovic or Murray's playstyle?
The thing with fedrer is that he si so elegant. Like Zidane in football. And you got nadal as the opposite. Hard working and strenght. I find both murray and djokovic to be in the middle of nadal and federers playstyle.

And btw if it wasnt clear. I hate djoko much more than murray.

Olikus

Smash Champion
lol @ at you read it that way. i said I disagrre with that kind of rooting. And explained what I root for. I never said he was wrong or told him what he should do.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
has fed won any majors worth noting recently?

I've been out of the loop on sports. Around when i stooped watching he was starting to fall...which was sad because he was my fav player D:

Also: Murray sux, straight up. He's had so many chances, time to pay the piper.

Olikus

Smash Champion

I've been out of the loop on sports. Around when i stooped watching he was starting to fall...which was sad because he was my fav player D:

Also: Murray sux, straight up. He's had so many chances, time to pay the piper.
fed hasnt won a Grand slam(the biggest in tennis) since january 2010. So its a long time ago in sports measure.

And yeah, good to se people bashing murray cry baby!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If you consider Federer to be aesthetically pleasing, how would you describe Djokovic or Murray's playstyle?
Eh they're ok. I used to be subscribed to a Youtube channel for Fed highlights (from his prime) and they were just ridiculous.

Plus like Olikus said his style is elegant - not sure how to describe it beyond that. He makes it look effortless, especially compared with someone like Nadal.

besides Wimbledon two days ago? :p

Peek~

Smash Lord
Sometimes I secretly want Murray to win. He's unlucky to be playing against the current trio.

Watching Nadal play hurts my knees.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm going to FC, I think a couple of peeps from my town are as well.

The legendary GIO should be going as well. HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom