• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Peek~

Smash Lord
Did Ybomb take one of his little breaks before the finals?

The guy in the center looks like he might have :colorful:

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
B Link, Ybombb, *** Vwls

I seen Ybombb, already knows what he looks like, but holy crap hes shorter than I thought he'd be. Pretty sure *** Vwls is black. Had no idea B Link would be asian, nice!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
speaking of knite, I check his channel to see if maybe he uploaded the apex vids he's been hoarding and wudya know, he did upload a video! of him playing a 12 char vs combo blaze...

i so mad.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Good feeling aint it Sangoku
Welcome to the club :pimp:

Looks like we are the only ones representing right now.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
INCOMING LONGISH STORY

Got back from Vegas earlier today. Pretty much everything that could go wrong did.

On Friday we drove 10 hours to get there, hitting crazy traffic on the way into Vegas. When we got there the hotel's computers were down so there was a 3 hour line to check in. After getting through that line my friend and I went up to our room and someone else's stuff was already in there. We headed back down and got a new room and went to the new room and SAME THING. People are really lucky we aren't thieves :/ . Finally on the third try they gave us a room that is actually empty.

We then head to EDC (an electronic music festival) for a few hours but we were too tired to stay long after driving all day. And all the best performers were on Saturday so we figured we'd save energy for the next day. On Saturday it took 90 minutes to get there (a 20 mile drive) due to traffic (though in the traffic some guy was dancing on the roof of a van and doing handstands and **** which was awesome), but despite the traffic it seemed like we got there just in time for the performers we wanted to see.

Then they shut down the whole festival because it was windy.

Owned.

Of course they didn't even tell us that immediately so we waited for 3 hours thinking the concert would restart.

Then it took us 2+ hours to get out of the parking lot and another hour to get back to the hotel due to more crazy traffic from everyone leaving.

At least playing poker was fun :)

TLDR - Went to Vegas for EDC but the festival's best night was canceled and we were stuck in a parking lot for hours

Sensei

Smash Lord
TLDR - Went to Vegas for EDC but the festival's best night was canceled and we were stuck in a parking lot for hours
That sucks. I heard about that from my roomates. It also took them about 4-5 hours to get back to the house monday morning because of traffic, but I heard it was still amazing.

Too bad we didn't play smash. Me and Kabal had some epic matches going on. It was basically a 12 character battle against his SAMUS. ****ING awesome!!! :cool:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think I might start compiling a giant Word document of Smash 64 information and useful posts. Would include pretty much everything, so can be things as random as how much % it takes to break Link's bombs. I was actually wondering this today and I had no easy way to find out - I'm sure I've heard before but I certainly won't remember. It'll be a universal source of reference. It would have been way better/easier if I had started a long time ago, though, because I have picked up a lot of information over the years. I can go back and read a few key threads, like the Ask a Question thread, but I might be missing some stuff from obscure threads.

I got this idea from myself doing this for Heroes of Might and Magic III, which I started doing like a week ago because goddamn that game has a lot of complicated mechanics and obscure information (i.e. did you know that Pikemen/Halberdiers negate the Cavalier/Champion jousting bonus? Random as hell). Information is way easier to categorize for that game, though (Creatures, Skills, Spells, Adventure Map, etc). Not sure how I'd do that for Smash 64...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
all i learnt is that everyone is apparently cool(m)er than me

i demand you update your 'thank you' section

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Star King, that's a really great idea. I love the KNOWLEDGE

Don't forget about that "Things you might not know" or whatever thread. There was some gold in there.

I would love to see all the **** we've come up with over the years in one organized place.

Sangoku

Smash Master
^I thought about compiling all the info of this thread already. But I thought about posting the summary there, I guess I'll just send it to Starking. Or maybe Starking will do it himself before I do.

Oh and a word document sucks, use LaTeX :troll:.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
This is one of the reasons I like older movies. Modern films put way too much of an emphasis on dialogue and you're really not left with much time at all to let anything sink in. I find myself way more absorbed into older movies because they can do what modern movies need a narration to do.

Probably why I liked 2001 so much.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Have fun, try and play some Euros?!
Unlikely because the only computer I think I can possibly use is dad's Mac. Sorry Europe!

For anyone curious: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Attributes_(64 NTSC-U)

I'm going to finish that when I get up, aside from possibly Metal Mario (I'll have to see about that).

Lots of unknowns there.

*EDIT* Values for all characters except Giant Donkey Kong and Metal Mario are up.
Wow, SUPER nice! 64 community has always been lacking technical data.

I only skimmed through it, but a suggestion: I bet that value where everybody is 0, except Yoshi is 90, is added weight during midair jump? Talking about Yoshi's superarmor. It would make sense to me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's hugely probable. I want to wait and check the japanese value too, since according to the official site it should be 120.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Giant DK has a higher initial dash speed than Falcon

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but it's funny anyway

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I love how in theory Metal Mario falls slower when he fastfalls. Makes me lol.

But I'm kinda curious, what kind of changes would you guys want to see in a redone 64?

Top Bottom