• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Newolf

Smash Rookie
I really don't know if this is the right place for this, but I figured it'd be better to accidentally spam here than do it with a thread... I was just wondering if anyone knew a good keyboard controller set up for this game. I changed it alot but I couldn't find any set up I liked. And if I accidentally quoted someone's message or something sorry, my first post ever..

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For your first post, you did put it in the right place. If you don't know where to put it, put it here to be safe.

As for a good config, mine may not be the best, but here it is:

control stick: arrow keys
A: S
B: D
Z: A
R: E
L: W

For a good config, make sure you have all the buttons I put, but also have a C-button for jumping. If you jump using up, you can't shorthop. Using a C-button (any, doesn't matter) lets you short-hop if you press it fast, or full-hop if you press it for longer. The problem with my config is that I have no C-button, so I can't shorthop. And believe me, shorthopping is a must for most characters.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Ew, move with right hand?

WASD = Move
J = A
N = B
M = L
K = Z
L = R
YUIO = C Buttons

<3

Also play Eversion. Good 2 hours spent.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
In comparison, my left hand moves like a 64 Link while my right hand moves like a 64 Falcon. Therefore, move with right hand makes more sense for me. May not for others.

If anything, you should have said "Ew, no C buttons"

Superstar

Smash Champion
The good ending is even more XD.

For those that don't know how to get the good ending, once you have all the gems, start up the last level. Stand still and listen instead of rushing through. You'll get it.

I don't wanna spoil what happens. Get the bad ending first. The good ending is so good, but only once you get the bad ending. XD

http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html - Don't scroll down

^^^ DL if you want. Not illegal, it's not emulated or anything, it's an indie game. Bad ending is short to get too, good ending takes a little while. I just guessed when I said 2 hours.

Newolf

Smash Rookie
Thanks Blue Yoshi and Superstar, both of your settings worked better than mine =p. One more question if you don't mind though, since everyone is so helpful =]. Does a GC controller with adapter work just as well as an n64 with an adapter? And for that matter an Xbox 360 controller? I'm just curious because I already have a GC controller and buying an n64 one with adapter would be more expensive...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I have a GC/Ps2/Xbox adaptor. I dont think xbox 360 will work and I dont have a controller anyway.

I dont have a GC one anymore either, Im lazy enough to use the ps2 and honnestly I used to own noobs online with the dpad **** controller I got at radio shack but the ps2 at least allows me some tilts, easier dashpivoting and comboing, it sucks BALLS compared to what I can do on n64 now, but meh.

I wonder if the GC controller will work out for me, I plan to try it soon.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
hey bro.. click on my name and click "visit Dair's homepage!" to see a cool BROwebsite

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I have a GC/Ps2/Xbox adaptor. I dont think xbox 360 will work and I dont have a controller anyway.

I dont have a GC one anymore either, Im lazy enough to use the ps2 and honnestly I used to own noobs online with the dpad **** controller I got at radio shack but the ps2 at least allows me some tilts, easier dashpivoting and comboing, it sucks BALLS compared to what I can do on n64 now, but meh.

I wonder if the GC controller will work out for me, I plan to try it soon.
DYLAN
ebay ebay ebay

like 2 weeks ago i got a nintendo made n64 controller on ebay for like 5 dollars (joystick was perfect) just think of the possibilities

NixxxoN

Smash Master
hey bro.. click on my name and click "visit Dair's homepage!" to see a cool BROwebsite
lol?

All that appears on your site is:

Galaxy 64
Site made by Near
© 2009

end of website

Plus, can anybody explain why are the names in changed colours? Mods are yellow, smash directors are white and the rest are green

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol?

All that appears on your site is:

Galaxy 64
Site made by Near
© 2009

end of website

Plus, can anybody explain why are the names in changed colours? Mods are yellow, smash directors are white and the rest are green
lol.. it's coming soon. i'm almost done.
the forum that was promised has been up for a while but it's not being linked to it yet ha

yeah i noticed that too.. and for some reason craiigg is going crazy with those images stretching the threads with 20 of those in a post

Newolf

Smash Rookie
I got the same adapter as Dylan has. I actually tried playing ssb64 on my Wii with GC controller and it worked alright so I think that will be fine. Also, I think I can use a PS2 (or Xbox if I buy one) controller with PC halo X[). I just hope that it works alright, I bought it on eBay for 12$.

Newolf

Smash Rookie
Oh one more question I forgot to ask; How do you install p2p Kaliera? I couldn't figure it out, I just downloaded it and put it in my PJ64K folder. I don't think it worked, can anyone tell me how to do it, or where I can find a guide to do it.

Newolf

Smash Rookie
That link was helpful Superstar =]. I got my adapter about 20 minutes ago but it isn't working. When I go to set up the controls it just makes it "slider right" which I think is the R button (I'm using a gamecube controller). However, it reads joy up joy down joy left joy right and slider left. It's just the A, B, Y, X, C stick (Not really important) and D-pad (Not really important either...) that don't work. My R button isn't jammed, I checked, I really don't know what's wrong....

Newolf

Smash Rookie
I messed around with the deadzone and it worked, but there is some stuff that doesn't work. Like I can't dash dance and Falcon kick goes the wrong way alot.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Deadzone at 5% range works very good.

All I can say. Use the NRage plugin though, maybe it'll help.

I assume you're good enough to google it. Also in the PJ64k guide, but I don't know if it's down. Check out the Official Smash Index.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I always loved you best, blue yoshi! You and your useless yellow sibling. You made the special zone so simple. Tell your green bro I'm sorry for making him fall to his death.

Top Bottom