• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
"Is there a concrete list out there that states the issues with Virtual Console? I'd like to have it on hand next time someone recommends using it."

Someone asked this on le reddit

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't see any problem with it. It's pretty much the same from my view.

What lacks is N64 controls.

Last edited:

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
So are there any tourneys happening soon in the North East? Preferrably NJ or closer. My brother is finally interested in maybe coming to a few with me. (He came to one in MD, but ended up mostly playing Brawl on an HDTV since his friends came too) I haven't been on here or following tourneys too much recently.

Sedda

Smash Champion
pencil? what kinda *****-ass school is that?

when i was in kindergarten and first grade and we were taught how to write, we were only allowed pens. you got points off for making mistakes and double points off if it looked like you tried to correct any of them.

anyway, phones are cool

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
Fast times at Auschwitz High

pencil? what kinda *****-*** school is that?

when i was in kindergarten and first grade and we were taught how to write, we were only allowed pens. you got points off for making mistakes and double points off if it looked like you tried to correct any of them.

anyway, phones are cool

Morin0

Smash Lord

anyway, phones are cool
Sounds like u went to a great school

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master

anyway, phones are cool
Pens are for *******, it was all about the lead poisoning. We used pencils and lived dangerously. Hard as **** in second grade.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Pens are for ****ies, it was all about the lead poisoning. We used pencils and lived dangerously. Hard as **** in second grade.
I'm in the second grade and I can testify that we shank each other with pencils.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Isn't Pikachu a "Mouse Pokemon"? I'm pretty sure I've seen it like that many times in the past.

Edit: check Pika's description in the in-game character pages

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
you know that hand motion you do when you want someone to come closer where you put your hand out and flap your fingers towards you
every time I see kirby utilts it looks like that

:kirby64: : "come here I have five surprises for you you might have heard of them they're called utilt to 60% then wear bair to nair and an edgeguard with dair"

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
you know that hand motion you do when you want someone to come closer where you put your hand out and flap your fingers towards you
every time I see kirby utilts it looks like that

:kirby64: : "come here I have five surprises for you you might have heard of them they're called utilt to 60% then wear bair to nair and an edgeguard with dair"
That's pretty much every basic Kirby main. As a Falcon main, this tactic will wreck me so hard if my spacing isn't immaculate. I want to pick up another character to counter Kirby but it looks like Pika would be my only solid option.

inb4 Maafia says that the Luigi vs Kirby MU is 80/20 in Luigi's favor

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
That's pretty much every basic Kirby main. As a Falcon main, this tactic will wreck me so hard if my spacing isn't immaculate. I want to pick up another character to counter Kirby but it looks like Pika would be my only solid option.

inb4 Maafia says that the Luigi vs Kirby MU is 80/20 in Luigi's favor
DID YOU GUYS KNOW THE SAMUS-PIKA MATCH UP IS 100-0 IN SAMUS's FAVOR! DON'T BELIEVE ME? ASK @Cobrevolution !
*Cricket Chirp*
o wait he's banned

clubbadubba

Smash Master
lets tweet at kentucky players and meet up with them and they can teach us basketball and we'll teach them smash it'll be an espn 30 for 30 or something

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I judge at this debate tournament at UK every winter, I'm hoping I can run into some bball players challenge them to a 3 v 1 and blow their minds and they'll tell all the other basketball teams that I'm the best smash player in the world.

@Tom Bombadil I saw you were talking about your next video. Have you ever considered talking about more general metagamey type stuff? I know that's way more subjective but I think a 64 video covering stuff like spacing/hitbox sizes, awareness of stocks/percent, a little bit on mind game and play styles and reading your opponent, mixing up approach/recovery options etc. would be really cool. Nobody's covered that stuff in depth yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom