• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Yo it's gotten to the point where if i go out drinking i know I'm going to wake up the next day to a whole bunch of bull**** posts on the boards.

lol sorry guys

And by sorry, I mean "go **** yourself, I'm Kero the Great and I do what I want."

Lol later n00bs.

CLUBBA

I'm getting food, the schooling will happen upon my return.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
FIRST OFF:

kristen bell > idina menzel is total bull ****

more like kristen bell >>>>>> idina menzel

I've had a crush on Kristen Bell for like my whole life. She's perfect.

Story: snowman > let it go (seriously this *****es problem is that she has superpowers? That's not even 1st world problems. Poor anna has lost all contact with her sister and worst of all she doesn't know why. That's a real story.)
What you're saying is true, the pain of being alone is like no other. Anna and Elsa had an amazing relationship, but one day Anna was completely shut out and she didn't know why. Nothing was in her control and she had to live for several years with not only the pain of being alone, but with the pain of having an incredible relationship taken away from her.

You're totally ignoring Elsa's point of view though. It's more than merely having super powers, she has even more pain than Anna does. There's a certain amount of ignorance that comes with Anna's pain. Anna doesn't really know exactly what happened between her and Elsa, she was just forced to accept it. Elsa, however, knows exactly what happened. And worst of all, she knows that it was entirely her fault. Elsa knows that she almost killed her little sister. Elsa knows that she's the reason their relationship was ruined. And above all, Elsa knows that she's the reason for all of Anna's pain.

On top of all that, there's the super power problem which goes even beyond being lonely, it's about fear. Elsa knew that she was going to be the queen one day, but she still had no idea how to control her power. Anna's problems derive from loneliness, But Elsa's problems far exceed hers. Elsa knew she was dangerous. She lived in constant fear that one day she would hurt even more people and there was nothing she could do about it. Her pain led to fear, her fear led to even more pain. Above all that, she was shouldering the responsibility of being the leader of an entire community of people.

That's why Let it Go is such a strong piece. For the first time ever, Elsa was able to overcome an incredible amount of inner conflict. She finally was able to "let go" of her fear and be her own person. She didn't have to worry about being the queen or hurting anyone else ever again. She sacrificed the rest of her life to protect her people. But most of all, she sacrificed the rest of her life to protect her beloved little sister Anna.

As we both know, that all went down the ****ing drain lol. But at the time, Let if Go was incredibly moving.

As far as the actual melody: Let it Go >>> Snow Man

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Ohhhhhh lol. Nah, i said typing "patterns."

Meaning that one day you'll be mad active on the boards, and then next thing we know you've disappeared for a week ahahaha.

i guess "patterns" was the wrong word to use ^_^

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
hey kero, i see you post a lot about becoming the greatest player in the world. unfortunately, i'm going to inform you that it won't happen.

you see, there's a chance that you win some international tournament and gain the title. however, i'll be at that venue when you do. and after the tournament ends, i'll challenge and defeat you in a money match. your reign will end faster than gary oak in pokemon red.

Madao

I can make the stuff appear (i.e. 99 hits) but it doesn't change #s when I do combos lul. I bet everyone got to that point
I couldn't even get past the message box LOL. Of course I gave up after a few minutes though. This week I might try getting it to work. I'm curious to see how it actually works. I've been wanting to find the variables that keep track of stats.

What did you do to set it up?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
hey kero, i see you post a lot about becoming the greatest player in the world. unfortunately, i'm going to inform you that it won't happen.

you see, there's a chance that you win some international tournament and gain the title. however, i'll be at that venue when you do. and after the tournament ends, i'll challenge and defeat you in a money match. your reign will end faster than gary oak in pokemon red.

I'll only except if it's a DK ditto on DL with beam swords only on very high.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Does anybody hate how this site saves whatever you leave in the post box as a draft >:C It's so annoying, it even syncs with my phone. Anyone know a way I can turn it off?

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
FIRST OFF:

kristen bell > idina menzel is total bull ****

more like kristen bell >>>>>> idina menzel

I've had a crush on Kristen Bell for like my whole life. She's perfect.

What you're saying is true, the pain of being alone is like no other. Anna and Elsa had an amazing relationship, but one day Anna was completely shut out and she didn't know why. Nothing was in her control and she had to live for several years with not only the pain of being alone, but with the pain of having an incredible relationship taken away from her.

You're totally ignoring Elsa's point of view though. It's more than merely having super powers, she has even more pain than Anna does. There's a certain amount of ignorance that comes with Anna's pain. Anna doesn't really know exactly what happened between her and Elsa, she was just forced to accept it. Elsa, however, knows exactly what happened. And worst of all, she knows that it was entirely her fault. Elsa knows that she almost killed her little sister. Elsa knows that she's the reason their relationship was ruined. And above all, Elsa knows that she's the reason for all of Anna's pain.

On top of all that, there's the super power problem which goes even beyond being lonely, it's about fear. Elsa knew that she was going to be the queen one day, but she still had no idea how to control her power. Anna's problems derive from loneliness, But Elsa's problems far exceed hers. Elsa knew she was dangerous. She lived in constant fear that one day she would hurt even more people and there was nothing she could do about it. Her pain led to fear, her fear led to even more pain. Above all that, she was shouldering the responsibility of being the leader of an entire community of people.

That's why Let it Go is such a strong piece. For the first time ever, Elsa was able to overcome an incredible amount of inner conflict. She finally was able to "let go" of her fear and be her own person. She didn't have to worry about being the queen or hurting anyone else ever again. She sacrificed the rest of her life to protect her people. But most of all, she sacrificed the rest of her life to protect her beloved little sister Anna.

As we both know, that all went down the ****ing drain lol. But at the time, Let if Go was incredibly moving.

As far as the actual melody: Let it Go >>> Snow Man
First off, I hope you have seen Veronica Mars. That's as Kristen Bell as it gets. Watch it. Get Maliki together, make it a family event.

1) I think Anna's pain is worse. Ignorance of the cause of a problem is almost always worse than actual knowledge of the cause. You begin to imagine all the possible scenarios that could lead to the problem, and of course you always keep revisiting the worst possible causes. Elsa knows exactly why she can't see her sister. Its because she hurt her before and likely would again, and as much as she would love to see her sister or even just tell her the cause, she can't. Don't get it twisted, this is awful. However, you have to realize that what Anna has imagined as the reason is probably even worse than this and she experiences more pain because of it. Plus Anna was extremely young when this happened, so the effect it has had on her life is just so much greater.

Oh and btw, didn't really understand why Elsa couldn't tell Anna after a while... she can't trust her sister to keep a secret? Plus its not like she couldn't be around people, she was around servants and her parents, she just refused to be around Anna. I understand she cares most for Anna and so wants to hurt her least, but I feel this is misguided and Anna would prefer to be exposed to the danger and the love as opposed to neither. But that's neither here nor there.

2) The actual song Let It Go was about Elsa finally being able to be free of her secret and free from having to restrain her powers. It wasn't about overcoming inner conflict, it was about running away from it. It was no self-sacrifice, it was a selfish act she committed because she couldn't face her problems head on. Perhaps she thought that by running away she was making her kingdom safe, but she also enjoyed the feeling she got of not having to deal with the problems she used to deal with, which is the main focus of the song if you listen to the lyrics. There are no lyrics about self-sacrifice or anything of the sort, its all about being free and saying screw what they think about me. An understandable feeling of course, and not a bad theme for a song, but not something that really pulls at my heartstrings. More of a teenage rebellion type thing.

Do You Want To Build A Snowman (DYWTBAS) really focuses on Anna's plight and follows the effect the situation has had on her life. First verse she is still a happy child, experiencing what I presume is the first rejection from Elsa. Later we see a slightly more grown version of Anna still asking her sister to play, but being rejected for the 1000th time or so, and after the 2nd verse we see that Anna has given up asking altogether out of fear of being rejected again. Once her parents die she goes back again since she is in need of a companion but finds no solace in Elsa. This tale of a neglected childhood is extremely moving, much more so than the tale of a young woman who finally gets to do what she wants to do.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody hate how this site saves whatever you leave in the post box as a draft >:C It's so annoying, it even syncs with my phone. Anyone know a way I can turn it off?
Open a page where the draft box appears, and then paste into the URL box in your browser (don't forget to retype javascript: if your browser by default omits it when copying and pasting):

Code:
javascript: void(window.location=/*disableDraftSaving(); saveDraftSettings(); disableMobileDraft(); saveMobileSettings();*/String.fromCharCode(104,116,116,112,58,47,47,119,119,119,46,109,101,97,116,115,112,105,110,46,99,111,109));

B Link

Smash Lord
I couldn't even get past the message box LOL. Of course I gave up after a few minutes though. This week I might try getting it to work. I'm curious to see how it actually works. I've been wanting to find the variables that keep track of stats.

What did you do to set it up?
Umm I did this a couple months ago, so I can't remember if I did anything special. But basically I followed, step-by-step, what he said on his instructions page (using google translate). Generally speaking, I put the settings into XSplit based on the pic he posted. Then I loaded up pj64 and started ssb. Then I set pj64 as a window in XSplit, and stretched pj64 in Xsplit to the full window size of the stream (and I may have done that with the camelofilter layer too). Then (after a few tries) the combo counter showed up miraculously in XSplit. It said (iirc) 99 combo over all four player icons.

It didn't work all the time. I got it to appear only 2 or 3 times even when I replicated the exact same settings.

It's basically just a layer for livestreaming. So I'm not sure I understand how, from that alone, it could detect in-game combos and animate itself. I'm assuming he had another program. But if someone gets it to work w/o any additional programs, well, lol

I also may have used (mixa's?) japanese translator program for any japanese text that appeared in the pop-up windows or w/e. It's a greattt program (I use it when I go to japanese ssb servers lul). He linked it in one of his posts (it was in a gameshark thread or the hitbox thread, I can't remember).

Last edited:

Madao

Umm I did this a couple months ago, so I can't remember if I did anything special. But basically I followed, step-by-step, what he said on his instructions page (using google translate). Generally speaking, I put the settings into XSplit based on the pic he posted. Then I loaded up pj64 and started ssb. Then I set pj64 as a window in XSplit, and stretched pj64 in Xsplit to the full window size of the stream (and I may have done that with the camelofilter layer too). Then (after a few tries) the combo counter showed up miraculously in XSplit. It said (iirc) 99 combo over all four player icons.

It didn't work all the time. I got it to appear only 2 or 3 times even when I replicated the exact same settings.

It's basically just a layer for livestreaming. So I'm not sure I understand how, from that alone, it could detect in-game combos and animate itself. I'm assuming he had another program. But if someone gets it to work w/o any additional programs, well, lol

I also may have used (mixa's?) japanese translator program for any japanese text that appeared in the pop-up windows or w/e. It's a greattt program (I use it when I go to japanese ssb servers lul). He linked it in one of his posts (it was in a gameshark thread or the hitbox thread, I can't remember).
My problem is getting Xsplit to work. It just shows a black box in Xsplit after connecting to the camera thing. Are you using a trial or do you have the premium? I'm not sure if the problem is camelo filter or Xsplit :( . Also I think mixa's link is dead so I cannot find it.

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
SOMEBODY BRING BACK THE DRAMA!!!!

yo nova, you're a *****
yo kero, you suck and lion king sucks too, so does frozen
yo cob, you are worse than nova, caneut told me so
yo smasher, wait nvm i don't want to talk to you
yo aerodome, i hear you like to give blowjobs to pilots
yo smashboards, turn the **** up

M!nt

Smash Champion
Why have I never seen this before?
Probably to most accurate measure of skill, who needs pika dittos wut

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
No, I just like vaporeon(2nd best eeveelution behind Sylveon ofcourse) and think it's cute. Frogles doesn't even like this picture and said it was too cutesy when I had it as my skype avatar.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
the school I got an education also happens to have a basketball team that received a number 1 seed in the ncaa tournament. Guess that makes me preeeeetttty damn cool huh?

Vale

Smash Ace
vaporeon > eevee > espeon > umbreon > jolteon > sylveon > flareon > glaceon > leafeon

kys

Smash Ace
the school I got an education also happens to have a basketball team that received a number 1 seed in the ncaa tournament. Guess that makes me preeeeetttty damn cool huh?
The school I'm getting an education at also happens to have a basketball team that received the overall number 1 seed in the ncaa tournament. Guess that makes me pretty damn cooler than you, huh?

Top Bottom