• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The school I'm getting an education at also happens to have a basketball team that received the overall number 1 seed in the ncaa tournament. Guess that makes me pretty damn cooler than you, huh?
FOR NOW. See you in the final four *******.

I want Wichita State to win the ncaa tournament and finish the season undefeated
If wichita makes the final 4 that would be damn impressive. After their 1st game every team they will play by chalk either had an argument for a #1 seed or has top 5 talent in the country. Brutal.

Vale

Smash Ace
>flareon not last
>gen IV hating sheep
>mfw
>making me use >'s
nah i like gen4 just those eeveelutions.

cool pokemon from gen 4: turtwig, buizel, gastrodon, drifloon, mismagius, mime jr., happiny, munchlax, croagunk, carnivine, finneon, mantyke, magnezone, rhyperior, magmortar, yanmega, gliscor, porygon-z, rotom, and phione

and riolu/lucario, but not to the extent others put them

asianaussie

Smash Hero
magnezone, rhyperior
you appear to be high as a ****ing plane

magnezone is literally a magneton that took like eight tons of meth and decided to get reconstructive surgery in his meth-addled daze

rhyperior is a balls-ugly version of rhydon, the original scary-ass drill dinosaur thing (apparently it shoots geodudes out of its hands? what the **** is this, create-a-pokemon 8yo edition?)

neither is as ******** as togekiss though

and drifloon is pretty freaking godlike

:drshrug:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
togekiss is ****

it's a UFO labelled the 'happiness' pokemon

there are plenty of cool pokes in gen 4, like garchomp, drapion, vespiquen and hippowdon, but togekiss? nah

Annex

Smash Ace
Togekiss is on my short list of pokemon-which-qualify-you-as-a-*****-when-used-in-showdown.
Its design's fine though, I don't know what you're on about

M!nt

Smash Champion
GenIV had tons of great pokemon! Magnezone, Magmortar, and Electivire being the only ones i don't like too much because they look like digimon or something.
vaporeon > eevee > espeon > umbreon > jolteon > sylveon > flareon > glaceon > leafeon
Sylveon > Vaporeon > Glaceon > Eevee > Flareon > Espeon > Umbreon > Leafeon > Jolteon
I love them all though, I still really like Jolteon even though she's last.

hi olikus I see you down there =D

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i haven't properly played a new pokemon game since hoenn and have no idea what any of you are talking about :happysheep:

Vale

Smash Ace
how can you not like magnezone but like drapion and vespiquen
loool

garchomp is alright
i would say hippowdon is bad too but i've used it too much to complain

kys

Smash Ace
I like how everyone had a chance to start talking about the NCAA tournament, but instead discussion devolved to pokemon. NERDS

Wichita State has a brutal path. On the bright side, it gives them a chance to have a historical season.

I haven't filled out my bracket yet, but I'll throw my picks on here when I do. And maybe the 3 other people that like sports can do the same! How fun does that sound?!?!?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i filled out a bracket but i know absolutely nothing about ncaa. i did it blind cuz i thought it would be funny.

my friend refused to join it cuz of its name - "the youth violators" - and when i changed it to "the playground police" he still didn't want a part of it.

sad day.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
How about I make bracket league on yahoo and anyone who wants can join in and fill out their bracket?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yes its a problem. I'll make a yahoo bracket league tonight

update: yahoo wants a cell phone number from everyone, and while I'm willing not everyone might be. I created an espn.com group instead. If you want in, pm me an email address I can send the invite to

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
that's simply not true
lantern, dunsparce, and jirachi are my go-to haxmon

The Star King

Smash Hero
I have a pretty lame OU whorish team that went 20-0 if you wanna play that

togekiss is dumb and y'all are dumb

i bet you all use it and cackle maniacally when you flinch heatrans to death

sick people
Pls don't tell me the only reason you're dissing Togekiss design is because of the way it functions in the meta

I seem to recall you disliking Yukari as a character only because of you having a hard time with the MU in Soku or something

which is silly

thumbs down

asianaussie

Smash Hero
gen 2 is the least interesting format

Pls don't tell me the only reason you're dissing Togekiss design is because of the way it functions in the meta

I seem to recall you disliking Yukari as a character only because of you having a hard time with the MU in Soku or something
togekiss is an uninteresting blob that's based off nothing in particular (clouds maybe? oh wait altaria)

if it was smaller it would honestly look like it evolved INTO togetic, not from

touhou is so last decade, s'all about kancolle now nerds

Vale

Smash Ace
gen 2 is so much fun
only gen where switching four turns in a row is smart play

M!nt

Smash Champion
Yeah, it sucks you have to get certain pokemon to deal with it, but they also make the game a ton less stally and make switching more risky like it should be. It also gives potential for pokemon that would just be average to sweep an entire team if played right.

You guys should check out these pokemon youtubers, they are probably the best pokemon battlers imo
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGGD8QNlkSUP32xtVQfAiRQ
https://www.youtube.com/user/pokeaimMD
It's a shame that shofu is one of the most popular pokemon youtubers when his commentary is horrible and he talks like he's in middle school.

Vale

Smash Ace
m!nt can't be right about them being the best, neither one was a link to my youtube channel

edit because can't double post:
lego movie was pretty cool.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Damn March Madness is so hype. I think for the next smash league I run the post season is going to be ncaa style

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I play on showdown once in awhile. I'm not very good though. My brother, on the other hand, has made it to the top of the ladders for OU and RU on several occasions.

Top Bottom