• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Guys i need your advice on this Montreal tournament .

Remember a while ago when i said i was temporarily retiring my Pika and Kirby in tournament.

Well I was talking to my brother and he was pretty much like, "yo, you are literally traveling outside of the country for this tournament. Also, it will be your first out of country event. You can win if you try. Why on earth would you sandbag by using characters that aren't even close to your best."

I had full intentions of using secondaries at this tournament, but Stranded's argument is convincing.

What do you guys think? Should I play to win one more time before I give pika and Kirby a break, or should this tournament be the debut of the new KERO.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Guys i need your advice on this Montreal tournament .

Remember a while ago when i said i was temporarily retiring my Pika and Kirby in tournament.

Well I was talking to my brother and he was pretty much like, "yo, you are literally traveling outside of the country for this tournament. Also, it will be your first out of country event. You can win if you try. Why on earth would you sandbag by using characters that aren't even close to your best."

I had full intentions of using secondaries at this tournament, but Stranded's argument is convincing.

What do you guys think? Should I play to win one more time before I give pika and Kirby a break, or should this tournament be the debut of the new KERO.
When I got to your house me and stranded started talking about this. I agree with him you could win if you went with your mains. It's your first ooc tournament so you should definitely try.

Sedda

Smash Champion
How is not using the two high tiers instantly considered sandbagging? I think you should **** M2K up with Fox or something

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
On one hand, I as well as others would be disappointed for going back on my word. But on the other hand, i feel like people will be disappointed that i finally play people like m2k, zenyore, and revan just to end up using secondaries. And on top of that, I im gonna be disappointed in myself if think i could win and end up losing.

So much disappointment coming from both ends.

The dilemma is strong.

Last edited:

kys

Smash Ace
Why does it matter if it's out of country? It's canada.

No one actually cares if you use high tiers or not.

And on that same line, it doesn't count if you ditch pika and kirby and pickup falcon and fox. Especially fox. Solo doesn't know what he's talking about.

So do whatever the hell you feel like doing.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I just like watching fox gameplay. I don't see how it "doesn't count" if he uses Fox or Falcon. Kero obviously has more experience/feels most comfortable with Kirby/Pika, so whatever.

Don't underestimate M2K, though. I get that it's ridiculously cocky for him to say stuff like "I might not even be top 10 at this game," but smash runs through his veins. He can learn the way you play within one set.
imo, it would be more fun to use some of your secondaries because it's going to require you to do a lot more mental work. I don't mind if you go Pika, but what was the point of saying you won't use those characters in tourney? It's not even a very big 64 tournament. Just have some fun and pwn everyone with another character kero. Show your german professor whats up.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
I'm going only fox now.
I think you're underestimating your opposition, but if you win with fox, I'll like every of your posts in social thread for a month.

Once you're defeated and you want to visit Montreal a bit, you should check out Nuit Blanche. It's a pretty big event with many outdoor shows and activities and it lasts 'til late in the morning.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm against sandbagging, but you know that already.

If you'd rather not get called cheap by randos than win a tourney, though, it's your call.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Typical Kero. "Guys, I'm going low tier!" Narrowly defeat his link, then switches to PIKA against my puff.

My vote is use whoever you want vs. scrubs, but go PIKA against M2K. M2K thinks Pika is more broken than Melee Fox and Brawl Meta Knight, apparently.

Last edited:

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
On one hand, I as well as others would be disappointed for going back on my word. But on the other hand, i feel like people will be disappointed that i finally play people like m2k, zenyore, and revan just to end up using secondaries. And on top of that, I im gonna be disappointed in myself if think i could win and end up losing.

So much disappointment coming from both ends.

The dilemma is strong.
Not the kind of mentality I'd expect from someone as optimistic as you. Regardless, you won't know unless you try locking with Fox and seeing how well you perform. I'm sure you didn't come this far with all your training with Fox just to ditch the character for two other characters considered "superior" by many, let alone characters you don't personally even enjoy using other than to win, simply because you don't feel confident that you'll do well. Who knows, you may even win this tournament with Fox, after all.

You should be going to this tournament with the mentality that you are going to do your best and having a great time with Fox, regardless of the outcome. Besides, you'll only improve your skills in this tournament, even if you lose, anyway, and, of course, the more you improve, the more likely you are to win tourneys in the future. Nevertheless, it's up to you, so choose what you'll enjoy the most. Hopefully, that helped (or probably not).

Maliki

Smash Ace
Kero you I think even with fox you stand a chance at winning. You have fun using fox and have been practicing with him. If
You want to see what the results of your training is than go fox. You might win that way. I think that you have a high chance of winning if you go pika Kirby. If you go fox the chances lower but you'll still have a chance.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
M2K's Kirby can definitely be beaten with fox. Be warned, he ultimately plays to win, and will stall you til your death.

DON'T LET HIM GET THE STOCK LEAD!!!!

Battlecow

Play to Win
hopefully m2k beats the scrub out of this guy

he might not know how to play but he knows how to compete

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
I think you're underestimating your opposition, but if you win with fox, I'll like every of your posts in social thread for a month.

Once you're defeated and you want to visit Montreal a bit, you should check out Nuit Blanche. It's a pretty big event with many outdoor shows and activities and it lasts 'til late in the morning.
Yep, Nuit Blanche is basically the party night for all of Montreal. And we're going to a smash tournament....

Sedda

Smash Champion
No "randoms" are going to call Kero cheap if he "sandbags." If Kero wants to be the best, he has to learn how to have fun with his self-imposed limitations, or just have fun in general. If he's going to go Pika this tournament (which is not even that important of a tournament) he might as well not play any other characters ever other than Pika.

-edit: fyi, I don't really care. If Kero doesn't pwn m2k, zenyore will.

Last edited:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah no the Z got this and honestly kero's fox could prolly do up m2k anyways

I'm not worried about m2k, I just want my boy kero to take it home/not be a chump

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
My personal preferences are objectively correct 100% of the time.
Funny thing is, Battlecow used to say stuff like this unironically :^)

I'm going only fox now.

Jk

Maybe
Holy **** at this entire page.

You HAVE to go all Fox now.

If you don't I'll be forced to finally jump on the Kero hate bandwagon (he's nowhere near the worst poster btw guys, stop being brainwashed by Han Solo)

@ Mr Bushido Mr Bushido Listen up you little ****. You better not get outplaced by M2K again. Or ELSE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom