• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
you've obviously never used ULTRA64K, the best emulator in the world! You know it's a good emulator when they've been using this thing to test games like Ocarina of Time since 1995.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Unlike melee and brawl, you can Z-cancel attacks by mashing the Z button (or R). Melee, you have to time it, brawl sucks (so... why am I going to a brawl tournament? Oh right, easy money :p lol jk :))
u dont have to time L cancels in melee, you can spam it like 64

techs on the other hand have to be timed or else you get "locked out" and are unable to tech

earthadept

Smash Lord
Well, I've seen a vid on youtube of DJ nintendo playing him. I meant more in person. I've been to a lot of melee tourneys but never seen a single yoshi main :p

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Huh.

Marihana makes people get apathy, brain damage and lungs cancer... and its overrated.
I used to smoke it btw.

Alcohol ftw

DMoogle

A$
lol wut

Alcohol has only three advantages that I can think of over marijuana (in the USA):
It's legal
It's cheaper (probably only because it's legal)
It's more socially acceptable (again, probably only because it's legal and because people are uneducated and DON'T HAVE THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT)

Marijuana, on the other hand, has a bazillion advantages over alcohol:
More enjoyable positive effects (subjective, but I'm pretty sure most people who use both agree)
Over 9000 times safer and less harmful to the body. Get your facts straight. Marijuana is relatively completely harmless when compared to alcohol. Potential damage to the lungs can be completely avoided if you don't smoke it. Oh yeah, and no one's EVER died from just marijuana. More info here: http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/
Variety of methods of consumption (eat, smoke, vaporizer, probably others)
Can be used for medical purposes
Less addictive
Less of a crash
Less dangerous psychological effects (apathy is much better than an increase in aggressive behavior... which can sometimes result in sexual assault or acts of violence)

...and I've never used ANY recreational drugs (INCLUDING ALCOHOL, which IS A DRUG). From a logical point of view, it's completely BACKWARDS that marijuana is illegal and alcohol isn't (although I think both should be legal. Harder drugs... I'm not so sure). GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

D

Deleted member

the fact that you can't eat, smoke, or vaporize alcohol is definitely a huge blow for alcohol

MattNF

Smash Lord
Legalizing all drugs might take a bit longer though unfortunately
Hopefully it never happens. Marijuana I'm okay with, but you'd have to be fucktarded if you think that legalizing all drugs won't have a negative effect on society.

Also, what's up with that giant ass brawl stream on the top? Fuck MLG, I don't want Brawl slowing down the loading of my pages and taking a shitton of screen space.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol wut

Alcohol has only three advantages that I can think of over marijuana (in the USA):
It's legal
It's cheaper (probably only because it's legal)
It's more socially acceptable (again, probably only because it's legal and because people are uneducated and DON'T HAVE THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT)

Marijuana, on the other hand, has a bazillion advantages over alcohol:
More enjoyable positive effects (subjective, but I'm pretty sure most people who use both agree)
Over 9000 times safer and less harmful to the body. Get your facts straight. Marijuana is relatively completely harmless when compared to alcohol. Potential damage to the lungs can be completely avoided if you don't smoke it. Oh yeah, and no one's EVER died from just marijuana. More info here: http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/
Variety of methods of consumption (eat, smoke, vaporizer, probably others)
Can be used for medical purposes
Less addictive
Less of a crash
Less dangerous psychological effects (apathy is much better than an increase in aggressive behavior... which can sometimes result in sexual assault or acts of violence)

...and I've never used ANY recreational drugs (INCLUDING ALCOHOL, which IS A DRUG). From a logical point of view, it's completely BACKWARDS that marijuana is illegal and alcohol isn't (although I think both should be legal. Harder drugs... I'm not so sure). GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.
Maybe you should try alcohol before trying to make it look bad? Alcohol is simply amazing, fact =D
That link you posted is bull imo. Coming from a marihuana site, you dont expect thinks like "weed sucks" dont ya
LOL @ marihuana dependence 1 grade.
Lots of my friends are completely addicted to it and on the other hand they can stay 6 days of the week without drinking alcohol
and lol no way apathy is "better" than agressive behavior, apathy can lead to you being a huge lazy *** all your life, without studying or working and ultimately becoming a loser for most of your life

Btw sure smoking stuff that damages both your lungs and your brain is completely harmless... On the other hand, drinking 1 glass of wine every day is HEALTHY fact

One more thing, if you see some more bull statistics like "many more people dies from alcohol than from marihuana" oh yea because alcohol is consumed by a million times more people perhaps...

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you should try alcohol before trying to make it look bad? Alcohol is simply amazing, fact =D
That link you posted is bull imo. Coming from a marihuana site, you dont expect thinks like "weed sucks" dont ya
LOL @ marihuana dependence 1 grade.
Lots of my friends are completely addicted to it and on the other hand they can stay 6 days of the week without drinking alcohol
and lol no way apathy is "better" than agressive behavior, apathy can lead to you being a huge lazy *** all your life, without studying or working and ultimately becoming a loser for most of your life

Btw sure smoking stuff that damages both your lungs and your brain is completely harmless... On the other hand, drinking 1 glass of wine every day is HEALTHY fact

One more thing, if you see some more bull statistics like "many more people dies from alcohol than from marihuana" oh yea because alcohol is consumed by a million times more people perhaps...
So, when does NixxxoN get banned, Blue Yoshi?

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Legalizing all drugs might take a bit longer though unfortunately

Well marijuana has slowly been accepted in 14 states already. (Medicinally of course, but getting a license to smoke is as hard to get as a dirvers license)
Huh.

Marihana makes people get apathy, brain damage and lungs cancer... and its overrated.
I used to smoke it btw.

Alcohol ftw
Smoking marijuana does not cause lung cancer. It is clsoe to medically imposiible. Unless your smoking spliffs on the daily ( tobbaco mixed with weed) than you really can't get lung cancer. Vaporizers are the CLEANEST way of smoking marijuana, a person who only uses a caporizer will never get lung cancer from marijuana...guaranteed. Me personallyi prefer blunts. A tylenol pill is more harmful than marijuana. Read a book or something you ignorant ****.

oh god now i want to smoke
Nothing holding you back man, 420 is only days away.

Maybe you should try alcohol before trying to make it look bad? Alcohol is simply amazing, fact =D *Deffinetly not a fact, OPINION*
That link you posted is bull imo. Coming from a marihuana site, you dont expect thinks like "weed sucks" dont ya *Visit a ****ing medical website. That compare health hazards. In case you don't know alcohol is a poison/toxin. Has no medical/helpful benefits to it, and makes you act a fool when you have too much...plus weed doesn't give you hangovers. Check out the documentary super high me. A documentary in which this comedian does weed for 30 days EVERY day and tracks his health along the way with PROFESSIONALS (doctors of course). Aside from smoking weed 30 days he goes 30 days without smoking it. Nothing other than weight gain was affected by smoking and non smoking for 30 days...not even lung capacity/strength.LOL @ marihuana dependence 1 grade.
Lots of my friends are completely addicted to it and on the other hand they can stay 6 days of the week without drinking alcohol. *Marijuana is not addicting. Not chemically at least. Weed doesn't make you anything. Not my fault your friends have no will power. EXAMPLE. If you are a lazy bum, and you smoke weed. Your just a lazy bum who happens to smoke weed, your not a lazy bum because you smoke it. It serves me personally as my Aderall. I smoke a blunt or two and i do my hwk. I'm in college so i'm writing 12-15 page papers on a bi-weekly basis, i also smoke on a daily basis. I couldn't/ wouldn't even want to thinnk about writing a paper if i were hungover. *and lol no way apathy is "better" than agressive behavior, apathy can lead to you being a huge lazy *** all your life, without studying or working and ultimately becoming a loser for most of your lifeHow many times do we movies where a drunk father beats his wife or child? Ok. How many times have you seen movies with a father who beats his wife or kid high on weed?

* You as ignorant as they get. The reason WINE is good for you is because it is natural it's made with grapes and ****, beer is made from hops (yes natural, but then beer companies ad ALCOHOL the poisin. Besides weed is still EVEN MORE beneficail than wine.*

*I don't havce the numebrs in front of me but more than half of the U.S smokes weed....when do you see or hear people Overdosing on weed, dying from weed, cancer from weed, on intervention from weed, anything about weed other than it's not legal?/

That was dumb. Sorry Nixxxon. You don't see people on intervention because of Weed.
Thank you.

DMoogle

A$
Thanks for responding to that post, JonBeBonanza. I was too busy pulling my hair out of my head.

You might want to clean up that quote a bit though. :p

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
marijuana is amazing

and pretty much what DMoogle said

I see myself in the future drinking a little bit but not to the point where i'm puking on people.

oh yeah, and don't do the other 'drugs' cause those actually **** you up like you stated nixxon

if you're gonna smoke weed, use a bong, it's the cleanest way. and to maybe clear some misconceptions about me being a stoner that smokes everyday, I smoke like maybe 3 times a month or maybe every day for a week but then stop until the following month.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Lol robotical analyzers...
when I talk about marihuana i talk about JOINTS and when i talk about alcohol i talk about ALCOHOLIC DRINKS

No one ever smokes anything other than joints here, never 100% weed, so that leads to mixing it with other things... Even some smoking paper can be really unhealthy.
Then if you get caught in "addiction" and you smoke it anytime anywhere it can be really dangerous and on the other hand you usually only drink alcohol when you go to party or you drink some beers on the bars occasionally and not every hour of the day.
I know wine is made from grapes you smart ***, so what? Its still acohol.

Sigh i wish this forum had more mature posters who dont say "dumb" when disagreeing instead of just discussing.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Alcohol (your definition is ALCOHOLIC DRINKS, so lets use that) is not the same as wine, so you can't argue using wine to generalise into all alcoholic drinks.

Do you not understand the social impact of alcohol? You can't use anecdotal evidence or a narrow scenario (only drinking at parties, etc) to generalise for an argument.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
My uncle smokes everyday 6 or 7 times a day and he's prefectly fine, actually I know A LOT of smokers who are prefectly fine. Give me REASONS why weed is dangerous other than lacing a blunt with other substances (angle dust, coke). I can't think of any.

Alcholics on the other hand...

edit: Oh yeah, and calling someone immature is DEFINITLY a step above of calling someone ignorant for not knowing what the hell they're talking about. /sarcasm

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
marijuana is amazing

if you're gonna smoke weed, use a bong, it's the cleanest way. Vaporizers are the cleanest way. It's like a humidifier, you hit and don't even know your inhaling marijuana.QUOTE]

Lol robotical analyzers...THen don't argue back.
when I talk about marihuana i talk about JOINTS and when i talk about alcohol i talk about ALCOHOLIC DRINKS

No one ever smokes anything other than joints here,First of all you said HERE, the U.S doesn't depend on whatever location you are in. never 100% weed,If it's not 100% MARIJUANA then argue aginst whatever else they MIX into it, not marijuana/cannabis/weed. so that leads to mixing it with other things... Even some smoking paper can be really unhealthy.Smokers know to remove the CANCER paper, which sometimes have nicotiene in them. We also know that they sell wraps...made for "tobbaco" of course.
Then if you get caught in "addiction" and you smoke it anytime anywhere it can be really dangerous and on the other hand you usually only drink alcohol when you go to party or you drink some beers on the bars occasionally and not every hour of the day.The only way it's dangerous is if you get caught, and that's because it's illegal. If it were legal, i'd would have to comply with smoking and non-smkoking procudures set by a state. Alcoholics drink whenever they can because they are TRULY addicted to alcohol. They have TRUE LIFE: I'm an alcoholic, They have TRUE LIFE: Oxycontin...let me know when they make TRUE LIFE: I'm addicted to weed.
I know wine is made from grapes you smart ***, so what? Its still acohol.Grapes are not alcohol. Grapes are a FRUIT.

Sigh i wish this forum had more mature posters who dont say "dumb" when disagreeing instead of just discussing.
Your ignorant and that's all there is to it. Let's use myself as an example. Proud pot-head, have been since I was 16. I graduated with honors. i'm in college as a pre-med major with a minor in business. I have two jobs. ONe that pays 13 an hr. (U.S census. Ironic that a pothead has a federal job no?) and another where i make 9 an hr. plus commision as Dillards as a sales representative. i'm only 19...tell me how marijuana has NEGATIVELY influenced my life? If anything it has motivated me. Do you know what they use marijuana for in some occasions? They give marijuana to cancer patients so they can cope with death...COPE WITH DEATH. There are documentaries on youtube that have cancer patients who are going to die, but have come to terms with there death. There are 5 stages of death that are typically followed by a person dying. DENIAL, anger, depression,bargaining and ACCEPTANCE ( i know this because i was certified as a CNA my senior year). Marijuana use allows a patient to face denial and accept death. They (cancer patients using marijuana) generally don't go through the anger, depression, and bargaining stages of death. That is huge. Alcohol will just add to your depression and make you commit suicide if anything. Let me know what alcohol can do besides kill an innocnet person by some ******* who is too DRUNK to understand that he is impaired to drive. I apologize for my cursing and all the **** i put up, but ignorance is one of my pet peeves. But that' about the only thing i apologize for.

wtf? Alcoholic references and illegal substances. I thought his was supposed to be a family friendly oriented site lol

oh yeah, and don't do the other 'drugs' cause those actually **** you up like you stated nixxon

if you're gonna smoke weed, use a bong, it's the cleanest way.
This reminded me so much of sexual education. "We wont' tell you you cannot have sex, but if your going to do it, make sure you spend money on trojans" xD I swear, you find advertising in the simpliest of things and the most unusual of things too.

Speaking of advertising. Get Smash64 with the Virtual Console, it's better using a GC controller.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
edit: Oh yeah, and calling someone immature is DEFINITLY a step above of calling someone ignorant for not knowing what the hell they're talking about. /sarcasm
uh, the difference is, the dumb thing is a fact and the ignorant thing is not.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
. . . .

Well the title wasn't kidding when it notes y'all can talk about anything.

I would think topics of alcoholism and drugs wouldn't be discussed on a forum where children can view all that is said, but I seen this discussion go on in my own state's threads. So, like, I guess it doesn't matter.

On that subject, I chose not to smoke as it's not something I want to do. I won't harp a bad tune because I don't know enough about Mary Jane.

I wanted to come in here saying, HAY! I DL the Wii version of this game, and I want to know what was going through their heads when they were deciding the input for the Cstick in the GCN controller. SOOOOOOO Awkward.

EDIT - Eryth. How did we happen to cross up on the same subject? lolz

NixxxoN

Smash Master
JonBeBonanza said:
Your ignorant and that's all there is to it. Let's use myself as an example. Proud pot-head, have been since I was 16. I graduated with honors. i'm in college as a pre-med major with a minor in business. I have two jobs. ONe that pays 13 an hr. (U.S census. Ironic that a pothead has a federal job no?) and another where i make 9 an hr. plus commision as Dillards as a sales representative. i'm only 19...tell me how marijuana has NEGATIVELY influenced my life? If anything it has motivated me. Do you know what they use marijuana for in some occasions? They give marijuana to cancer patients so they can cope with death...COPE WITH DEATH. There are documentaries on youtube that have cancer patients who are going to die, but have come to terms with there death. Let me know what alcohol can do besides kill an innocnet person by some ******* who is too DRUNK to understand that he is impaired to drive. I apologize for my cursing and all the **** i put up, but ignorance is one of my pet peeves. But that' about the only thing i apologize for.
wow it seems I've found a "marihuana nazi" lol
You dont have a clue of how ignorant or not ignorant I am about it, sir. As I said i have been smoking it for some time long ago. I know most of its benefits, and I know lots of stories about it aswell.
From my long experience into it, its not good. People in general tend to abuse it and never smoke it alone. The hyper addicting tobacco stuff is maybe what leads to joint addiction, thats the addiction im talking about.

So from being against it people might think "oh hes the typical ignorant who doesnt have a clue about it and hes against it because its illegal" this is totally false, I am against it because I know it well.

ALCOHOL: Grapes are a fruit, so...? We are not talking about alcohol 100%, its stupid, nobody drinks this Lol.
People have been driking alcoholic stuff here FOR CENTURIES, nothing happened. They obviously must not drive and they learn when to stop driking, its all automatic. Dont need to explain further.
(oh yes you are gonna say that lots of people die by drinking car accidents, dont need to tell, I know, there are inconscious people everywhere)

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
wow it seems I've found a "marihuana nazi" lol
You dont have a clue of how ignorant or not ignorant I am about it, sir.Your posts are evidence enough. As I said i have been smoking it for some time long ago. I know most of its benefits, and I know lots of stories about it aswell.
From my long experience into it, its not good. People in general tend to abuse it and never smoke it alone. You can't make generalizations by saying NEVER, thats called FELLATIOUS ARGUMENTATION. I smoke alone on a daily basis, so you can say i do abuse it. But i can stop cold turkey becaues i'm not weak minded nor am I addicted. I haven't smoked since the begining of April (because i'm waiting for 420 to get super blown LOL) anyways. I can stop whenever i want, i do this on occasions when i get caught up with something else. Right now we have Intramural sports at my college and my softball team is in the playoffs so i've been pre-occupied with that. But friends would definetly much rather see me "addicted" to weed than an alcoholic.The hyper addicting tobacco stuff is maybe what leads to joint addiction, thats the addiction im talking about.How does "hyper addicting tobacco stuff" lead to JOINT addiction? That doesn't even make sense unless you clarify that the joint is full of tobacco (people do roll there own cigs, cheaper) or marijuana. The argument is not about JOINT addiction it's about marijuana vs. alcohol. That's like saying I don't drinnk i just take shots...that's still drinking.

So from being against it people might think "oh hes the typical ignorant who doesnt have a clue about it and hes against it because its illegal" this is totally false, I am against it because I know it well.YOU let US know that YOU had a history with weed. No one ever made an assumption about you, at least i know i didn't other than me calling you ignorant but that's my opinion. You saying that your against weed because it's illegal IS an illogical thing to do. I'm arguing that marijuana should be legal instead of alcohol...you seem to just be typing cause you have fingers.

ALCOHOL: Grapes are a fruit, so...? You don't clarify anything in your sentences when i said that, go read it over. We are not talking about alcohol 100%, its stupid, nobody drinks this Lol.Alcohol is alcohol and marijuana is marijuana. It's an all or nothing discussion/argument.
People have been driking alcoholic stuff here FOR CENTURIES, nothing happened.Nothing happened? Ummm ok I guess drunk drivers are just imaginary. I guess Cirrhosis of the Liver isn't majorly cause due to alcoholism. Yea, you're deffinetly right. They obviously must not drive and they learn when to stop driking, its all automatic. Dont need to explain further.
(oh yes you are gonna say that lots of people die by drinking car accidents, dont need to tell, I know, there are inconscious people everywhere)
I don't even know how to respond to that last part...you should try proof reading.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/615481/alcohol_vs_marijuana_which_is_perceived.html

This oppinion basically tells that marijuana is better because you cant get an overdose and die, and stuff like this (who the hell is stupid enough to die from alcohol overdose?)

Final conclusion is stay away from both.

Ummm there's a word for the [stupid] people that drink"...enough to die from alcohol overdose" it's called ALCOHOL POISONING. -_- Read...it's good for your brain.

Final Conclusion: Live your life responsibly. Marijuana is FACTually better than Alcohol in any possible way. Do what you do.

Top Bottom