• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAR KING :starman:

unless your skype birthday is fake, you fake faker

The Star King

Smash Hero

not fake

you (and Peek, king of birthdays) are one of the few who would notice without me saying anything. even when I've been kinda missing from Smash/Skype. when I saw you posted last in the social thread, I knew what it would be

you are really are my bff. my LUV for you is ETERNAL :3 ^_^

Sangoku

Smash Master
Nobody noticed when it was mine (even The King of Birthdays). Not that it really matters though.

So happy birthday! 생일축하합니다

Your present: you can double post today!

By the way, how old are you know? 15?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So if I started seriously training now with the local's, what are the odds I make it out of melee pools at Apex?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nobody noticed when it was mine (even The King of Birthdays). Not that it really matters though.

So happy birthday! 생일축하합니다

Your present: you can double post today!

By the way, how old are you know? 15?
Thanks bro, I can honestly say best present from anyone on Smashboards so far

The King of the Stars is timeless. Or 9 years old. Whichever suits him for x situation.

I can't read Korean btw. I can guess what that says though. Yep, CONFIRMED by Google.

So if I started seriously training now with the local's, what are the odds I make it out of melee pools at Apex?
I heard some Nintendude guy got 5th at a national recently. You could totally do it.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yo shoutouts to Celine Dion.

@Clubba,... Are you good? lol

But seriously.

If you say don't play/aren't good and don't play good people- than no.

Nintendude has been playing (competitively) for a long time lol.

Also, swf has been wack as **** recently. /sigh

clubbadubba

Smash Master
lol no I have roughly 3-4 hours of "competitive" melee in my lifetime. I have the time to potentially put in like 8 hours a day for the next 3 months if I really wanted to, as unrealistic as that is. And I have access to the local scene which includes mr nintendude himself and also pretty good players closer to me. I have the resources, its just all about the desire, and right now I'm super pumped from those documentaries lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you want me to be serious I gotta agree with TANK. 3 months is quite a short time, even if you go hard. Especially if you're starting from nearly scratch.

Maybe you'll surprise me, though.

BTW, I might start playing Melee myself...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i just need to get a crt tv that has av inputs (lol super old tv with only cable inputs, only have adapter for n64 right now).

BTW, i have my own place... train?

i did not like melee jiggs when i played her. I like Marth and Peach

DMoogle

A$
I haven't done any actual research on this, but I feel like you don't have to have a non-HDTV to get no-lag play. You just need to get the right one. I swear my HDTV has just as much lag as any CRT. Almost certainly less than 1 frame delay (=17ms). For comparison, I've played on some HDTVs where there is noticeable lag, and it's awful (probably like 5+ frames, or 80ms+).

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
i just need to get a crt tv that has av inputs (lol super old tv with only cable inputs, only have adapter for n64 right now).

BTW, i have my own place... train?

i did not like melee jiggs when i played her. I like Marth and Peach

Jiggs is melee's kirby so playing as jiggs would be the fastest and easiest way to get good; it's what I do. Also I'm pretty sure you can use your n64 adapter on gamecube since they both use the same AV cable.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sorry clubba but no. I don't think you have a realistic shot at making it out of pools.

Shouldn't stop you from trying though.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Jiggs is melee's kirby so playing as jiggs would be the fastest and easiest way to get good; it's what I do. Also I'm pretty sure you can use your n64 adapter on gamecube since they both use the same AV cable.
oh wait you might be right... its the wii one that is different right? The only time I checked was when me and A$ were gonna play some Project M, which is on the wii. If I get home tonight and can play melee I'll be pumped.

And yea I know jiggs is like that but I dunno I just didn't like her. All this negativity is giving me drive! Keep it coming!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Better find a way to play with good players every day for the next 3 months.

And have them savagely critique your play.

Then you might have the slimmest of chances of making it out. And by slimmest I mean almost none. =]

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Aren't there 2 rounds of pools or something? Maybe I can just aim for getting out of the first round

Sedda

Smash Champion
Apex is too stacked and the Melee scene is too active. Just use that time to get ridic at 64 and pwn stranded, duh

Nintendude

Smash Hero
lol no I have roughly 3-4 hours of "competitive" melee in my lifetime. I have the time to potentially put in like 8 hours a day for the next 3 months if I really wanted to, as unrealistic as that is. And I have access to the local scene which includes mr nintendude himself and also pretty good players closer to me. I have the resources, its just all about the desire, and right now I'm super pumped from those documentaries lol.
clubba, there's a big Melee tourney at a bar in Manassas on Saturday. There's no venue fee and 10% off food/drinks (or so I hear) so you should come out and chill with us. Maybe A$ can come too.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Damn unavailable this weekend unfortunately or I would totally go. Next 2 weekends I'm pretty free though.

Btw do you know if sypher hosts those saturday smashfests year round or was that just a summer thing?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
They are year round but I haven't been keeping up with it lately since I've been going out of town just about every weekend.
Yea tell me about it. Well I wanna start picking up melee for serious so maybe I'll start showing up to those. I'll let you know when I go in case you happen to be in town and wanna join.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings

mint y did you defriend me on skype :c

i thought what we had was special

(star king i have also missed you. some lonely nights in the skype group sometimes D= )

Tha_Doctor

Smash Rookie
Does anyone around the New Brunswick (NJ) area want to get together to play some friendlies? I'm interested in practicing up for Apex.

Top Bottom