• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
KeroKeroppi is ONLINE!

Just played Sheer for like an hour and got totally beat down.
Online smash is really hard for me, but I am determined to figure it out!! :)

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Online smash is virtually unplayable if you try to be technical due to lagg.

The medium favors basic and efficient play which in my experience which isn't very fun.

The Star King

Smash Hero
By lag, do you mean fps drop? Because that shouldn't happen.

Anyway as a biased fake smasher I disagree with your post.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Online smash is virtually unplayable if you try to be technical due to lagg.
No dude. Its certainly an adjustment and console is infinitely better, but there are a lot of technically proficient players that got their skills from online play.

^Yea lag is different than delay but I assumed you meant delay

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
So day 1 of KeroKeroppi's ONLINE SMASH career has come to an end.

It took me about 4 extremely long and miserable hours to kind of, barely, sort of get used to it. The entire time all I could think was, "**** this. I am not even having fun. IDC how good I get from online smash because it's not even worth it."

However, once I put my bad attitude aside and looked at the situation positively, things really started to turn around. :)

I still feel VERY uncomfortable playing online and it's definitely going to take a LOT of getting used to, but being able to play Sheer, LD, YBOMBB & all the others as I sat in my bedroom on some random day of the week was truly something amazing. It made all of the pain of adjustment worth it in everyway. :)

firo

Smash Ace
Sup everyone, been a while since I last posted here, but I have been lurking. Turns out my internet at my apartment for this year is good enough for smash, so people will probably start seeing me online some. I played some teams the other day on Galaxy and it was fine - that server hasn't changed at all since I started it and I am unsure why people think it somehow changed and got worse at some point. I wish UGS (the hosting company for the Chicago server, EGX, etc) didn't die such a horrible death to put us in this situation but unfortunately, it did. I'd be happy to help people start new servers but there doesn't seem to be too much initiative at this point. But if everyone thinks the Galaxy isn't worth it anymore then I'll just stop paying for it, bashing the server seems to be pretty common these days.

Also Galaxy having any significant downtime shouldn't be happening. The server is not like UGS where I wouldn't be able to restart it when it crashes. A few of the online smashers have my phone number to text, my email is listed at the top of the server each time you log in, and I read my PMs, so any of those methods to contact me would result in me just hitting the reset button easily, so please let me know if it goes down. I wasn't aware of the last downtime for quite a while.

Also turns out that I've been able to get a job as a software developer in NYC, so I'll be moving there after graduation. So I'll be reppin the Midwest for some more months and then its off to the east coast (permanently, at least for now), come summertime. I'm looking forward to being able to play with the smashers there.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Sup everyone, been a while since I last posted here, but I have been lurking. Turns out my internet at my apartment for this year is good enough for smash, so people will probably start seeing me online some. I played some teams the other day on Galaxy and it was fine - that server hasn't changed at all since I started it and I am unsure why people think it somehow changed and got worse at some point. I wish UGS (the hosting company for the Chicago server, EGX, etc) didn't die such a horrible death to put us in this situation but unfortunately, it did. I'd be happy to help people start new servers but there doesn't seem to be too much initiative at this point. But if everyone thinks the Galaxy isn't worth it anymore then I'll just stop paying for it, bashing the server seems to be pretty common these days.

Also Galaxy having any significant downtime shouldn't be happening. The server is not like UGS where I wouldn't be able to restart it when it crashes. A few of the online smashers have my phone number to text, my email is listed at the top of the server each time you log in, and I read my PMs, so any of those methods to contact me would result in me just hitting the reset button easily, so please let me know if it goes down. I wasn't aware of the last downtime for quite a while.

Also turns out that I've been able to get a job as a software developer in NYC, so I'll be moving there after graduation. So I'll be reppin the Midwest for some more months and then its off to the east coast (permanently, at least for now), come summertime. I'm looking forward to being able to play with the smashers there.
Here's what is wrong with Galaxy as of right now:
- people with 60ms+ ping on LAN connection have been getting FEDEX on the server even though their connection has not been dropping packets, note this only happens on Galaxy and Smash FU for these people. By ignoring this we're alienating WC players and mexicans by having them not able to play on LAN connection. For whatever reason, Exc connection is fixing the FEDEX issue, but do we really want to play with more delay? lol
- there is lag issues randomly with players, just because it didn't happen to you in your team matches doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'd say the FEDEX issue is the biggest problem with Galaxy at the moment.

Obviously we don't want to see the main smash server go away, but these issues are causing players to not play anymore or not use the server.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Good job to Nintendude for getting 5th at The Big House 3!

We still hate you for banning Hyrule though

Olikus

Smash Champion
olikus, do you imagine yourself as some sort of edgy super-secret agent-dude amongst the plebian horde that is the 64 subforum?
im just wondering how much you paid SK and clubba to suck your **** =)

nah but seriously i just dont get your post anymore. I think you use strange words on purpose, since you know im not that good at writhing english.

My whole meaning of the post, was that i really really enjoyed the video, since smash means so much to me. And I have great passion about the game. But I guess I'll never be taking serious with poeple like you responding to every post I make, saying weird stuff about me.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I wish I could completely quit playing this game. I don't have any fun and I don't enjoy anything while playing. Yet I still want to play from time to time as if it would bring me something, but when I do I don't find any satisfaction...
my feelings~~~

Top Bottom