• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sedda

Smash Champion
Nintendude, I think you should make a poll to see what people want, but make sure you include options based on different possibilities (international players and such).

Nintendude

Smash Hero
A poll won't accomplish anything since in my opinion, the point of the side event is to generate interest in the game. What us as players finds interesting and what the viewers find interesting are not necessarily the same thing.

Sedda

Smash Champion
It wouldn't JUST be a poll, though. This side event is a bigger deal than simply a side event. It's a good opportunity to showcase the 64 scene and help it grow, so it should be well thought out.

You've already identified the things that are probably going to be boring for others to watch (camping/long matches). If this is happening, I think a separate thread would be great to make sure a good opportunity isn't going to be wasted or misused.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Isai vs the world 6-8 character battle?

The two most important things for an exhibition in terms of what non-64 players want to watch is
-ISAI!!!!
-Character diversity.

B Link

Smash Lord
If it's for viewers, then ok: I'd say Isai vs Whoever is best. This is because Isai is just a really entertaining + hype player to watch for new players. So he should get the most screen time (although, apparently, people enjoy watching Boom too).

I'd say 12 char battle > 6 char battle, just because you can potentially showcase ALL THE CHARACTERS.

As for who Isai would play, like people have said: that depends on who we can get to come. In order of priority, my view is:
- Jousuke/Red Mario/Kikoushi (retired?) etc.
- Alancitu/Gerson
- Other Japanese/Peru players
^I haven't actually played these guys though, so take my list with a grain of salt.

Lastly, I think it would be more hype if the 12 char battle leaves a chance for the non-Isai team to win. Not sure how that would be accomplished though.

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
We have the best combos of all the smash games, so no matter what we do, if the purpose is to show off 64 to non-players, we should try to come up with a format that encourages combos. To people outside of the scene, even standards look cool.

I don't know how long Alex wants us on stream, but I worry that a 12-char battle might be too long . Isai vs. Tacna was like 80 minutes long.

Also, outside the scene the general consensus is that 64 is completely dominated by kirby (and to a lesser extent pikachu). We should try to avoid that.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
The more NA players that go play overseas, the more the rest of the world will be willing to come here. I don't think there is a good chance of a lot of international competition coming* because there aren't many US players going overseas to play. Look out for apex 2015 though, since boom will be able to travel in 2014 and so a large trip with a lot of talent can be planned to go Japan or Peru, and convince the people visited to come to apex

*I bet we will see the japanese again because of the efforts of madrush and isai to go over there this summer.

**Yo brasil get your **** together and stop the riots and **** and let me in without a visa k thanks

prisonchild

Smash Ace
been a while so a multi-purpose post...

- congrats heat, all hail the KING
- some sort of combo competition as a side event? maybe tank and ballin (?) can actually realize the HORSE game they intended to play
- my 60 inch CRT TV officially died :( RIP big screen smash

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Sounds pretty boring

isai vs any 12 people is more lopsided than isai vs 2 good people

and isai vs any other 12 characters in the world is incredibly lopsided to begin with

and 12 CB's aren't hype anyways. Too long. The end is always cool but you have to wade through a bunch of bad low tiers camping each other before that
Isai vs 12 different players playing their mains is far more dramatic though. And the video title "isai vs world 12 character battle" lights panties on fire.

And which of isai's low tiers are bad and campy? and which of "the world's?" I don't think there would be excessive camping at all. WAY too much pride at stake.

And while 12 character battles are long, they give viewers exposure to every character. This encourages a more diverse body of smash players. The videos the community releases is how amateurs learn how to play, and without videos of high level dks and such, there won't be any dk players.

Olikus

Smash Champion
If we are worried about time it could be isai vs The world 12 caracther battle, but 4 stock and no hyrule.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
seems like one side would be at an obvious disadvantage from the start depending on what characters you get. Ooooo teams could snake draft characters and then choose who would play what form each team. Interesting...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah there's a lot of possible spinoffs. There can bea 6v6 crew battle where one crew gets Pikachu through Mario and Isai get's the rest. Or it can be a character draft pick. It just has to notbe overly complicated.

malva00

Smash Master
I don't think I'd play a character battle, outside of Japan, if hyrule is banned. Goes against the character battle RULES (1st stage is always on hyrule XD).

Olikus

Smash Champion
seems like one side would be at an obvious disadvantage from the start depending on what characters you get. Ooooo teams could snake draft characters and then choose who would play what form each team. Interesting...
but you can take one team 1st, 3rd, 5th etc and the other team 2nd, 4th etc from the tier list. The game isnt that unbalanced.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Find a faster game setup than me, please.

(08:06:45PM) <MATTS!> yo KniteCOCK
(08:06:52PM) <MATTS!> lets be GEEK's and map out the button
(08:07:00PM) <MATTS!> from start screen to character select
(08:07:01PM) <KnitePhox îXî> START
(08:07:05PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:06PM) <KnitePhox îXî> A
(08:07:11PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:14PM) <KnitePhox îXî> RIGHT
(08:07:18PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:22PM) <KnitePhox îXî> RIGHT RIGHT
(08:07:26PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:27PM) <KnitePhox îXî> A
(08:07:32PM) <KnitePhox îXî> up
(08:07:33PM) <KnitePhox îXî> a
(08:07:38PM) <KnitePhox îXî> a right a
(08:07:40PM) <KnitePhox îXî> b
(08:07:50PM) <KnitePhox îXî> down down a
(08:07:55PM) <KnitePhox îXî> b
(08:07:59PM) <KnitePhox îXî> down
(08:08:00PM) <KnitePhox îXî> a

EDIT: 999th post

AAAAAAWWWEEEEE JYEEEAAAH

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Find a faster game setup than me, please.

(08:06:45PM) <MATTS!> yo KniteCOCK
(08:06:52PM) <MATTS!> lets be GEEK's and map out the button
(08:07:00PM) <MATTS!> from start screen to character select
(08:07:01PM) <KnitePhox îXî> START
(08:07:05PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:06PM) <KnitePhox îXî> A
(08:07:11PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:14PM) <KnitePhox îXî> RIGHT
(08:07:18PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:22PM) <KnitePhox îXî> RIGHT RIGHT
(08:07:26PM) <KnitePhox îXî> DOWN
(08:07:27PM) <KnitePhox îXî> A
(08:07:32PM) <KnitePhox îXî> up
(08:07:33PM) <KnitePhox îXî> a
(08:07:38PM) <KnitePhox îXî> a right a
(08:07:40PM) <KnitePhox îXî> b
(08:07:50PM) <KnitePhox îXî> down down a
(08:07:55PM) <KnitePhox îXî> b
(08:07:59PM) <KnitePhox îXî> down
(08:08:00PM) <KnitePhox îXî> a

EDIT: 999th post

AAAAAAWWWEEEEE JYEEEAAAH

Legit by KniteCOCK. I beat him 0.3 secs cause im WAY BETTER THAN HIM LOOL. me an KniteCOCK where menu 1 vs 1'ing. Cheers.

The Great MATTS!

mixa

Banned via Warnings
This is from the KVE emulator I got from the INDEX Star King More like Dirk King.

but the best one is 'partida rapida' which will start the game at the VS mode character selection screen with no items / 5 stocks

Skrlx

Smash Champion
This is from the KVE emulator I got from the INDEX Star King More like Dirk King.

but the best one is 'partida rapida' which will start the game at the VS mode character selection screen with no items / 5 stocks
That all-in-one cheat code is weird. If you played in a game with that cheat code, and you join a game without it, it'll be an instant DS because the cheat will still be on for you, but the other player doesn't receive it. It's kind of annoying, lol.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord

normally that would be good, yes i agree. that basically translates to "quick match". the only downside to it ONLINE is that if the other person doesn't have it set before the game starts, you have no time to reset cheats and give it to them. that code works on a real N64 and is convenient there, except for when you wana play FD.

i made that cht file too, cool that it's in there XDDDDDDDDD

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
That all-in-one cheat code is weird. If you played in a game with that cheat code, and you join a game without it, it'll be an instant DS because the cheat will still be on for you, but the other player doesn't receive it. It's kind of annoying, lol.
all the host has to do is uncheck then recheck one cheat AKA reset cheats. works perfectly fine in my games.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The best cheat is the one that auto sets to 5 stock no items and then autoselects pika for both players and randomly selects between hyrule and DL. Think of all the time we could've saved at Zenith!

Top Bottom