• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
hey aa go confirm in that one dgames thing you signed up for thanks

clubbadubba

Smash Master
GOD DAMNIT STAR KING WHY DID YOU GET THAT THREAD LOCKED!? Jk yea wtf we just trying to have a civil discussion and Mic is like noooooo it might eventually be bad. Why he do that? Mic if you read this please unlock that thread. We have a small, very relaxed community in 64 and I don't think anyone will get super upset about anything. Its nice to hear about who did well vs who and how we stack up against others.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo I just wanna say

I will never underestimate the power of watching too much anime again

Kerokeroppi, skyfire, maliki, and stranded, AKA the NY crew AKA the little rascals are hella good. They got hella good playing on laggy tv's with little to no online and basically no advantage except for kage the warrior style determination. They have like a silly secrecy pact that means they like never post and change their names on facebook for the sake of smash and don't play their mains in friendlies, but the urge to laugh at them sort of fades away when you realize that holy ****, these guys are up and comers.

Kero won our $50 MM conclusively (every game was very very close but I do think that in an arbitrarily long set he would win more than 50% of pika dittos on DL) and given the number of people I beat conclusively or the much larger number of people I swapped friendlies with endlessly, that means that he's better than a hell of a lot of people. Guess what? He trains harder than anyone and is only going to get better. I wish that he would post on the boards and get over this naruto fantasy thing or whatever, but I can't argue with results.

I have a lot more stuff to say but I figure I'll save it for the shoutouts thread if there is one.

Mic 128 is the fattest of chodes. What the actual hell dude.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
pm'd mic trying to get him to unlock the thread by explaining that we are not melee/brawl aka will not rage when people say player x is better than player y. Hopefully he considers. In the meantime, lets stop calling him names because I doubt that will help matters.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So ignorant lol. Does he not realize that we had that exact thread for like years and its online counterpart for even longer? No, he's just gonna swoop in and close **** because he knows so much better than us about how it's gonna end

I am more angry than the situation calls for lol I'll take a chill pill

I stand by my original evaluation of Mr. 128's intelligence and character (and, indeed, of his body type).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
funk i would def put you up on that nintendue/firo level if it makes you feel better :)

i would, but there currently is no where for me to put that.

Battlecow

Play to Win
A bit dissapointed at how much I'm underrated but I guess I'll have to show up at Apex 2014 and prove people wrong. ;)
hell yes

I think that literally every smasher on the planet is thinking that EXACT same thing right now. Get pumped, *****es, this was just the beginning.

TANK64

Smash Lord
too much to post...

and yea, the little rascals are funny. They are actually good like you said though. Really impressed by their play, and I Kero def proved he's on our level, and Stranded is getting there. Watch out for these kids =)

Wish I got to play more with Ballin' :( . We only got like 3 games lol. God damn you for watching football!

Cattle, pretty good commentary and even better gameplay.

I'll do a looooong shoutouts later, but real quick JimmyJoe is just about the coolest person on the planet. Along with Banze and Oxalane. The Brazilian's are mad good. Banze is the real deal people.

BRex is nasty.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Yo I just wanna say

I will never underestimate the power of watching too much anime again

Kerokeroppi, skyfire, maliki, and stranded, AKA the NY crew AKA the little rascals are hella good. They got hella good playing on laggy tv's with little to no online and basically no advantage except for kage the warrior style determination. They have like a silly secrecy pact that means they like never post and change their names on facebook for the sake of smash and don't play their mains in friendlies, but the urge to laugh at them sort of fades away when you realize that holy ****, these guys are up and comers.

Kero won our $50 MM conclusively (every game was very very close but I do think that in an arbitrarily long set he would win more than 50% of pika dittos on DL) and given the number of people I beat conclusively or the much larger number of people I swapped friendlies with endlessly, that means that he's better than a hell of a lot of people. Guess what? He trains harder than anyone and is only going to get better. I wish that he would post on the boards and get over this naruto fantasy thing or whatever, but I can't argue with results.

I have a lot more stuff to say but I figure I'll save it for the shoutouts thread if there is one.

Mic 128 is the fattest of chodes. What the actual hell dude.
Battlecow I told you Kero was good but you didn't listen. Also your commentary of the finals was top notch. What the hell, he main Pika? When I saw him he pulled out Pika only to play against Kirbys when I saw him and said that he hates Pika and likes Fox better. He was sandbagging with a secondary and I thought he was good.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I should probably get better against Pika... and Kirby for that matter.

I might actually have to play online... ughh lol.

Also, I know most of y'all don't follow the other games, but Florida ***** =)

Shoutouts for Wizzy for getting 2nd in P.M. I expected him to win, but hey at least now everyone knows who he is.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow I told you Kero was good but you didn't listen. Also your commentary of the finals was top notch. What the hell, he main Pika? When I saw him he pulled out Pika only to play against Kirbys when I saw him and said that he hates Pika and likes Fox better. He was sandbagging with a secondary and I thought he was good.
Glad you liked my commentary man. Maybe it'll convince you to show up to the 2014 tourney yourself ;)

His fox is a few levels below his pika. I don't mean to go all "you're wrong even though you're right" because you definitely called it, but I would NEVER lose to that fox. Nor would ballin/tank/solo/b-rex/anyone else on that level. Pika is by far his best character (and for that matter the one that he only pulls out in super-serious matches apparently because he doesn't want me studying him and figuring him out).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wait... so let me get this straight, that group doesn't play their mains except in seriouslies... because they don't want to be "figured out"? LOL

That is so weird and unproductive. Apex is the best time to get better. If you don't play your main in friendlies you miss out on that opportunity. To each his own I guess.

I like the guys in that group, but sometimes they were a bit uptight when playing. They're always pretty concerned with the result of the match, and it makes everything thing more like seriouslies than friendlies. Take my advice guys, chill out just a little bit. You guys are on the right track and I'm sure next year you'll all be beasts. Have a little more fun though :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wait... so let me get this straight, that group doesn't play their mains except in seriouslies... because they don't want to be "figured out"? LOL

That is so weird and unproductive. Apex is the best time to get better. If you don't play your main in friendlies you miss out on that opportunity. To each his own I guess.
yeah pretty sure it's just kero's pika that's a sacred secret

and yes that is exactly what I said to them but they gonna do them and if they're getting hella good who am I to argue?

Shoutouts to caesar being hella good as well btw IDK if you're one of the little rascals or not

oh and BTW kero insisted on not taking his $50 after he won. He just "wanted me to be playing my best" or something. Another thing that I absolutely cannot understand, but there you go. Diff'rent strokes. I'm not complaining. I like money and that's like 10 family size bags of doritos which is like .46 fredrogerses of happiness

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
well, mic was right about the thread

it ended badly

and in other news, I can finally use a functional yoshi after being lost with him for so long. fun character.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The Kero/Diablo crew were definitely the surprise of the weekend. They went from trash talking noobs like a year and 1/2 ago to reclusive high level players today.

Good job to them. If they keep improving at that pace and if we ever play on console again they'll probably pwn me.

Anyone who wants motivation to play online should probably go check out the online player tier list and compare it to the top 9 of Apex.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Wish I got to play more with Ballin' :( . We only got like 3 games lol. God damn you for watching football!
sorry ... but in addition to FOOTBALL it woulda been kinda messed up if I didn't hang out with my cousin at all while in the NYC area.

fun times playing with you (and not quite as fun times waiting outside the venue at 2AM lol)

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
You guys tried those razor blades that have the battery in them so they vibrate while you shave?

First timed one today and I'm into it

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
don't get your hopes up, they run out of batteries in 2 weeks

:phone:
I'm glad you're being straight with me.

You can change the battery in the one I have though and I bought a 24 pack of AAA's before I realized they aren't used in anything anymore. So I still have a good 20 left

SSBPete

Smash Lord
you made a good choice. i used one with an irreplaceable watch battery, very poor decision on my part

on an unrelated note: predictions/favourites for the australian open?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i think he knew

serena williams and djokovic probs, go for the safe bets (ie not murray)

honestly idc who wins, just **** tomic and his stupid car and his stupid face

seriously, he's making hewitt look like a good person

The Star King

Smash Hero
No, because first of all I use WASD, and second of all it seems like it would be weird to have a joystick protruding way above your other hand...

The Star King

Smash Hero
rofl that sounds like the sort of thing I would say to people IRL just to be a hater. I like your friend.

Top Bottom