• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I asked if someone recorded anything with a camera or something on the group's facebook page, but I wouldn't hold out for much.

Also, Tank, it wasn't like a super duper amazing thing. It was just...dirty. Rumbly likes to spam utilt a lot as Pika. firo jumped above him with Fox. He timed the shine perfectly in the air so that he could fall with an uair inbetween utilts. Then I think he combo'd Rumbly to death.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Not really new technology. I just above spammy uptilters and change my DJC speed to take advantage of it all the time.

Example: battle cattle's pika.

I'm sure Firo does that with Ness. So he knew how to take advantage with Fox too.

TANK64

Smash Lord
It just sounds hilarious that he would do that with a shine stall since like... it's mad slow and the Pika could just, ya know, jump up and uair him. He really must have been bent on uptilting lol.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
It just sounds hilarious that he would do that with a shine stall since like... it's mad slow and the Pika could just, ya know, jump up and uair him. He really must have been bent on uptilting lol.
Its only good because it is a mixup.

firo

Smash Ace
From what I recall it was actually a stall to avoid an up smash, not a utilt, which I think makes more sense. I'm not actually sure though.

Regardless, Sheer is right - messing with jump timings is pretty essential for both ness and yoshi. Samus can do it with her bombs too. Stalling and dropping down with mario's tornado works also. I know Sheer used to enjoy delaying his Yoshi DJC to avoid my Ness's uptilt. It's just a little more uncommon to see it with fox. Doing that stuff is a nice way to throw people off their game when you know you can read someone's next move.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It's hardest vs Kirby because his up tilts are so fricking fast and broken.

But it's quite easy to take advantage of uptilty ness and pikachus.

Loto

Smash Ace
Yeah, thank tournament was def mad fun.

Kys, it was nice finally meeting you and teaming with you. Fun games.

Super shoutouts to Tank because yeah, those drinking dittos were WAY funny.

Was fun seeing you again Sheer's, we need some serious 1v1's next time though we didn't really play any at all. Sheer's falcon is also pretty ****ty if anyone else wanted to know. :p

Hopefully we can get something else put together for 64 again with all of us even if its just a fest I'd most certainly come out again or drive to CFL for it if I'm given enough time in advance to plan / call off for it.

Are those videos up yet Tank? I wanna see the really good games, hahah.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Actually you're in luck. I'm capturing the vids now from my VCR and rewatching them while I do :) . Looks like y'all will have new smash vids by morning (or tonight if you're an Aussie lol).

Its only good because it is a mixup.
Exactly. But a sexy one non-the-less.

@Firo, yeah that would make more sense. Still props on the reaction afterward and capitalizing. Gotta hit those Pikas hard :reverse: .

kys

Smash Ace
I'm going to make a longer post about my thoughts/shoutouts right after the vids get posted. Thanks for recording Tank.

My absolute favorite moment was when Eikelmann quit team friendlies after the his DK suicide netted a 4 stock, 2v1 comeback. Omg lmfao!!!

/Couldn't wait to post that

TANK64

Smash Lord
Idk man, My favorite part is hard to pin point. Might be a toss-up between you saying "a kitten just died" every time Ness recovered, or me yelling ****/and or getting hype every time someone got off (or like... landed a hit).

Or getting blasted with Loto playing Samus dittos xD .

lol it's hard to say.

Oh and we def have to do something soon. HBox said he'll probably do one in a couple of months, hopefully we can get Wizzy to come.

Loto

Smash Ace
Idk man, My favorite part is hard to pin point. Might be a toss-up between you saying "a kitten just died" every time Ness recovered, or me yelling ****/and or getting hype every time someone got off (or like... landed a hit).

Or getting blasted with Loto playing Samus dittos xD .

lol it's hard to say.

Oh and we def have to do something soon. HBox said he'll probably do one in a couple of months, hopefully we can get Wizzy to come.
Stock Shots dittos was 100% the best though. Without question. XD

But yeah sometime next year we'll def get together and play, I'll bring some beer or liquor or pansy girly drinks S'ALL GOOD.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Not that I would ever participate in something so juvenile, but seriously just type "no" once and copy it and then just paste for all subsequent messages. EZ game
that's actually a rookie mistake. Then there's that one time when you just miss the ctrl key, and all of a sudden you just typed 'v' instead of 'no'. Super embarrassing.

Also, sheer totally gets my upsmashy falcon all the time with the djc timing. Mainly I just tech in place and usmash, so he djc's and hits me. And then I do it again because I'm stubborn

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not that I would ever participate in something so juvenile, but seriously just type "no" once and copy it and then just paste for all subsequent messages. EZ game
Ricky left out maybe an hour and a half of no there

and I threw in the ni on purpose, monti python reference

IMO I won that because he stopped saying no before I did.

TANK64

Smash Lord
um I dun goofed at thought that the vid was messed up after rendering it, so I rendered it differently and then tried playing it in VLC and it the original vid was fine lol.

So I'm uploading the WF set right now, so it'll be up in like 227 mins according to Youtube. So like 4 hours lol.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yo while you're at it why don't you go ahead and upload the footage from when I was in orlando...

YOU TOO KNITEPHOX! (I will find both of you at Apex)

Loto

Smash Ace
um I dun goofed at thought that the vid was messed up after rendering it, so I rendered it differently and then tried playing it in VLC and it the original vid was fine lol.

So I'm uploading the WF set right now, so it'll be up in like 227 mins according to Youtube. So like 4 hours lol.
Man, I was promised vids by this morning. You dun ****ed up tank. hopefully when I get home from work tonight I can enjoy some cool videos.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Don't count on it, no one ever follows through with video uploads, especially not TANKLIN THE FRANK :mad:

TANK64

Smash Lord
yo while you're at it why don't you go ahead and upload the footage from when I was in orlando...

YOU TOO KNITEPHOX! (I will find both of you at Apex)
Don't count on it, no one ever follows through with video uploads, especially not TANKLIN THE FRANK :mad:
wut. I always keep my word if it's even in the realm of possibility. For the umpteenth time, I don't have any footage from you in Orlando. I accidentally recorded over it. SORRRRRY.

I love it how people always complain when I take time out of my busy life for smash, and my channel.

>Drive peeps to tourney. Someone complains that I ask them to chip in for gas.

>Bring set ups, and record ALL THE TIME. People complain about the not uploading fast enough.

>Don't upload something everyweek. People complain.

>Oh, and video quality is never good enough lol.

>Make a combo vid. Peeps complain about the music, or length, or whatever. Yet so few people take the time out of their schedule to record combos and edit the video so they look semi-nice.

ARRG!

>____________________________________>

Loto, I know you were joking lol

I upload after events fast than ANYONE. True story.

Sorry y'all had to wait a ****ing day this time...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Take your time Tanklin.

Uploading sets of Sheer losing isn't something that needs to be rushed.

Oh and I hope you gave gas money to Jason. Colin said you didn't give him any.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I offered him gas money even though he said he didn't need it, and I was going to give him money anyways after I won some, but I didn't drive back with him (obv).

lol if he went out of his to tell you I didn't give him gas money. After he said he was good...

I blame Loto for making me drink too much. But I was talking to him about who I was gonna drive with, and again, he never mentioned it once. I honestly forgot.
Also, I like to get vids up as fast as I can. I'm uploading singles first, since I think more people want to see that, plus I think it's more important lol. So I'm going in chronological order, so WF, LF, then GFs, then teams.

Not part of my master plan or anything xP

Top Bottom