• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sangoku

Smash Master
Japanese smash+ single elim+ n64 controller will all make it harder for Funk. But even in his best conditions I'd be surprised if he was better than all the Japanese players. Not that Funk isn't good (on the contrary), but the Japanese scene is so much bigger than the European one, I would expect some really good players to be there.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
absolutely random and unpredictable people for top 5 because Holy **** they play one match single elim who on god's green earth does that

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't know if my post was misunderstood or what, but I'll try to clarify. Japanese smash is a disadvantage for King Funk because he's used to NTSC. Whether J Falcon is better than U is irrelevant. Also almost no DI is a disadvantage, since he's more used to try to DI and more used to combo against DI (therefore less skilled to combo against no DI than people who've been comboing against no DI forever). Single elim is a disadvantage for King Funk, because although most European aren't that good at comboing / 0 to death, they rely on "smart" play, ie reading/punishing habits and stuff. So it's kind of hard to adapt in one single 4 stocks match.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pre-john for King Funk, I do think the disadvantage isn't that big and even if there weren't any, I don't think he'd beat everyone. Even that is irrelevant, I'm sure his goal will be to have fun and to discover some cool/different stuff.

I for example, the few times I got to play with Japanese players (online), learned some things.

Battlecow

Play to Win
What you're all overlooking is that the japanese love to shield on platforms

KF got dis

no, really though, he could easily get 33rd or 2nd. Four stocks? What does that even determine?

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
I don't think KF will even get top 5. From what I've seen, Japan looks really good to me. Isai should go over there and play them again. :afrainbo:

malva00

Smash Master
so top 3 according to the FUNK:

(10:41:01 AM) King Funk: 1. Jousuke (Samus)

2. Kikoushi (Kirby)

3. S (Fox)

(10:41:09 AM) King Funk: 3. another Pikachu

B Link

Smash Lord
What place did KF get?

And what is with this Samus coming in first all the time? How can the other players let that happen (note that I don't have a clue what the japanese ssb tier list looks like/would look like)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Funk didn't place well, he'll tell you more.

Japanese smash tier list according to him (I mean he said that was their tier list):

Pikachu
Kirby
Falcon
Fox
Jigglypuff
Ness
Link
Mario
Samus
Yoshi
Luigi
DK

Loljiggly.

B Link: that Samus player is really good though.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I funked them up a lot, KnitePhox. ^^

Will do my write up later, I have to go buy some things and have my last dinner with my japanese host family.

Battlecow

Play to Win
dude come on jousuke was odds-on

<3<3<3 jousuke

please tell me he won in another nail-biter. I LOVED his last two final matches

Olikus

Smash Champion
I see tatuman and moyashi didnt make top 8. Suprisingly. Did they not participate or didnt they make top 8? And was Red Mario commentator this year as well?

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's 4 stock best of one. You're gonna have a lot of upsets. Hence prince not making it high so many years, etc. etc.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay I downloaded SSB frame display. Amazing work. Like, better than all the frame data we could have gathered. Everything is in there: hitboxes, starting frame, ending frame, hitbox duration, etc. And it's pretty simple to use. Only drawback: it's for the Japanese version only.

Top Bottom