• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
people tell you that latin makes your english better or whatever. It's a load of ****. Unless your english is terrible and you don't already know all the prefixes and whatnot.

Maybe you learn one or two little things, but spend a fraction of the time you spend on latin on english and you'll be miles ahead

Only reason to learn it would be if you loved classical literature and wanted to read the Aeneid or something in Latin badly enough to spend years learning that ****. I guess I could see that happening to someone someday.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
people tell you that latin makes your english better or whatever. It's a load of ****. Unless your english is terrible and you don't already know all the prefixes and whatnot.

Maybe you learn one or two little things, but spend a fraction of the time you spend on latin on english and you'll be miles ahead

Only reason to learn it would be if you loved classical literature and wanted to read the Aeneid or something in Latin badly enough to spend years learning that ****. I guess I could see that happening to someone someday.
in everyday english no latin wouldn't make a difference, but it would help in spelling and understanding more complex words since latin is one of the main languages english is based upon.

think of spelling bees, they often ask for the origin of the word to help them spell it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero

bonus

had one about mario and cleanin pipes, as well as a few about yoshi (use your imagination, guys), plus something about jigglypuff's sexkick, but i figured that they would be a bit inappropriate

battlecow you know i love you right

Channighan

Smash Ace
So.. if I can finish my math homework in 5 minutes.. why does my mom get pissed when I dont have it done when I'm supposed to have it done before I go to bed?

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'd ask for one but I can't even think of a topic. I am just straight-up legit and keep it so real that there's nothing ridiculous to poke fun at. People like me don't have funny traits to mock. Oh well, being the most objective man alive has one consequence, I guess.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'd ask for one but I can't even think of a topic. I am just straight-up legit and keep it so real that there's nothing ridiculous to poke fun at. People like me don't have funny traits to mock. Oh well, being the most objective man alive has one consequence, I guess.
I think using what you said as the first window, then having a newbie come up and tell you about shield dropping would be nothing short of perfect ;D

Olikus

Smash Champion

sorry bro, would rather give up anime than have a platypus in one of my comics
Allright thats it. Ive learned to tollerate allot in my years. But this is to awfull. I know this is The Internet and all that, but still. You are an extreme cruel guy. How can you be so mean? Someone should make a comic about your horrible personality.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't see drama on Facebook but that might be because I rarely go on/don't have many friends there

I see those Facebook pics showing people burning each other about being 17 year old dads or whatever though

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so me and ciaza went to MANLYFEST and there was a smash 64 station (official tournament was 3-stock 8 minute timer FFA with only zebes and mk banned, wtf brawl ruleset makers, obviously didn't enter that)

we sat down to play casuals and this one guy, who played kb emulator, joined us

*other guy picks link*
*aa picks pika*
*ciaza picks ness*
aa: why would you pick the best character in the game like that man
other guy: nah, ness isn't the best character
ciaza: wow, this guy knows what's up
aa: yeah, ness is probably like the worst character lol
other guy: actually, i think ness is quite good if you know how to use him (this is the only verbatim line, everything else is vague memory)
*muffled laughter for 2 minutes, pika > nes obv*
also, i pulled off the best mario combo ever, pokeball throw down, grab and hold, meowth comes out and deals 120% or so, throw into meowth, dj f-air kill YES

Make one with me as the butt of the joke, err body will love it :p
so after thinking about it, battlecow is the only one with enough actual personality (read: forum personality) to base entire comics on (without degenerating into insults and racist jabs at flopmericans)

everyone else can only viably get one or two panels ribbing them before it starts getting stale, eg. surri quitting and coming back every two months, or star king being a korean prussian swede no-show-er (to shame even gio)

kudos to battlecow for that

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
so after thinking about it, battlecow is the only one with enough actual personality (read: forum personality) to base entire comics on (without degenerating into insults and racist jabs at flopmericans)

everyone else can only viably get one or two panels ribbing them before it starts getting stale, eg. surri quitting and coming back every two months, or star king being a korean prussian swede no-show-er (to shame even gio)

kudos to battlecow for that
Lol, alright well to point something out...at least half of those times i "quit", was because of lack of internet or something of that nature...not actually trying to leave the game.

Think i only actually tried to do that once, lasted 8 months. Probably should have never done that. I have not been able to play the same since, or at least it feels that way.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i wasn't actually calling you out for anything lol, it's just the first thing i think of when you ask me about putting you in a comic

and also bleach villains and newfoundland

Olikus

Smash Champion
Surri and aa could be really funny to put in a comic. Surri as The superstrict Harry Potter mod and aa as The rude gary from pokemon. SK could be Napoleon/ ginger asian, not sure yet. Nixxxon could be a my little pony, and then me(perry the platypus) could come and save The day. Ah.... Im looking forward to it allready.

Sangoku

Smash Master
^A lot of posts from new comers get ignored, for some reason.

Olikus: I loled at the Harry Potter part haha.

I don't think I have enough personality (nor am I old school enough) to get in a comic, if someone thinks otherwise I'd be all ear to hear why. Battlecow/Star King/etc are definitely the best victims.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Surri and aa could be really funny to put in a comic. Surri as The superstrict Harry Potter mod
Lol Grrrrrrrrrrr

i wasn't actually calling you out for anything lol, it's just the first thing i think of when you ask me about putting you in a comic

and also bleach villains and newfoundland
Oh i know, i just feel a lot of people may think I've tried to quit this game over and over and kept coming back...that's not really the case though :p

Twas only ever grimmjow in terms of bleach i think o.o;;

Also don't mean to ignore you chann, but i dunno what you're even trying to say with posts like

"oo... my family has Wii Sports Bowling "tournaments"

"Flopmericans""

Top Bottom