• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

DMoogle

A$
I've played a bunch of III and V, and a tiny bit of VI. V is extremely similar to III, you should check it out. VI seems pretty similar too, although right now it's incredibly buggy. I feel like I've asked this before, but have you played the WoG mod for III?

Honestly, if you're that confident, then yeah, you'll probably destroy me. I mean, I think I have solid strategies, but I've only ever played two other people extensively IRL.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm not actually that confident, was just kidding around. I've actually never played a multiplayer game ROFL. I just lurk some heroes forums and so know some of the strategies used. The only person I've met IRL who plays this game is my mom (wut).

IDK why I've never played against my mom throughout the years. Should probably MM her. I don't think she's touched it since she got a Mac though.

DMoogle

A$
lol mom

Lurking Heroes forums puts you a step above me. I just go on them if I encounter something that looks like a bug, or for new map recommendations.

But uh, I guess I mostly play a "creeper" style.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
@ Cyoonit123,
you live in new york? i recognize that area code ^__^

EDIT: I was thinking of 646.
Disregard this entire post. thanks.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
OK A$. Prepare to get ****ing destroyed :awesome:

Too bad games take like a few hours. But we could always play Smash at the same time, playing with a third person when waiting for your opponent to finish his turn

I've only ever played HOMM III and IV (and I didn't really like 4)
dibs on third person playing smash! I don't know what HOMM is, but I'm always down for smash.

dandan

Smash Lord
HOMM 2 is by far the best, and if you are not thinking the same way, you are either:
a) too young
b) recuperating from a severe head injury

that is all.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
the game I'm really looking forward to is Mass Effect 3. I'm really curious to see how they can integrate the results/choices of the first two games into the conclusion of the story.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
6 frames is ****ing gay, i actually failed a link sh f-air

how do you even do that

also im in new york now but i dont have access to good internet so OH WELL

when i get my new laptop next week ill play lots, pinky swear

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
6 frames is ****ing gay, i actually failed a link sh f-air

how do you even do that

also im in new york now but i dont have access to good internet so OH WELL

when i get my new laptop next week ill play lots, pinky swear
You gonna visit your family in San Diego? :bee:

The Star King

Smash Hero
It is never too late to start, but really, 2 is the best, cannot call you a real fan until you play it ;)
I highly doubt I'll like it more than III because I got that nostalgia bias. It was the first video game I've ever played.

Besides, if you ever say "too young" as an explanation for people not liking something you love, that pretty much means your opinion is influenced by your precious childhood memories. My mom has played I-V and III is her favorite one, and I trust her judgement.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
san diego i doubt since i don't actually have close relatives there and ive already been to the zoo before :\

ill be in DC for today and tomorrow, if i can borrow my friend's laptop ill get some smash on at some point

im ridic bad at HOMM lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
You should come over and stay at my house aa. I'm sure my parents won't mind a foreign stranger from the internet stays here. You can come to my high school and be my pet/sidekick/wingman/partner in crime.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i would stay with you if i wasn't on a goddamn asian travel tour

just went to princeton, i was almost sickened by the fact that i was unconsciously being classfied as an ignorant, camera-happy asian tourist (my marks would've gotten me into princeton fyi, and it's a beautiful campus too so im almost wishing i had applied if it weren't for the lack of medicine course)

they were more interested in the goddamn squirrels than the actual history or architecture or w/e a normal person would try to appreciate :urg:

and ill still be in the US for a while (ill have an ok setup on friday)

just got 187 frames with boom in p2p

The Star King

Smash Hero
20 minutes away, and we may never meet in t3h RL. For shame.

187 frames is impressive, almost as bad as Brawl's Wi-fi :troll:

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
san diego i doubt since i don't actually have close relatives there and ive already been to the zoo before :\

ill be in DC for today and tomorrow, if i can borrow my friend's laptop ill get some smash on at some point

im ridic bad at HOMM lol
Really? I could've sworn you had relatives in SD.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
just went to princeton, i was almost sickened by the fact that i was unconsciously being classfied as an ignorant, camera-happy asian tourist (my marks would've gotten me into princeton fyi, and it's a beautiful campus too so im almost wishing i had applied if it weren't for the lack of medicine course)
wat. i'm not sure what marks anyone can get to say that they 100% for sure would've gotten in to princeton.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
id rather not disclose my marks, but im pretty sure that i could have gone to most places that look at highschool diploma marks as a major criterion

star king is being tsundere

ballin4life

Smash Hero
people with perfect grades get rejected by Princeton/Harvard/other Ivy leagues all the time.

my high school in california had 6 people with 100% perfect grades through high school, but none of them went to Princeton or Harvard (2 went to UCLA and 1 went to UC Berkeley, which are great schools but definitely a step below Harvard/Princeton). Probably almost all of the people with perfect/near-perfect grades applied to Princeton/Harvard and other Ivy League schools and didn't get in.

admissions are just insanely competitive at all the good colleges, and at top places it's about way more than just grades. if you've written a best selling novel or something i'd say you have a good shot at getting in, but even then it's not for sure at all.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i see

well, perhaps i wouldn't have gotten in, but academics weren't my only achievement at all

my point is that asian tourists piss me off, and princeton is a lovely place

Top Bottom