• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
[DMoogle edit] Removed instructions on how to obtain new PJ64.

#HBC | ѕoup

well..uh..moogle, you should know there's a mexican emu site giving out the new emu anyways, i've had it for a long time, actually.

that's how i got the infinite cheat codes and whatnot, but if it has to be classified, let it be classified.

also, it's not really instructions, i just said, i googled it, and i got a mediafire link. lol.

#HBC | ѕoup

sorry felipe, moogle wants me to keep it private, i don't feel like getting infracted and even banned for it.

it's not mine to give out, it's technically illegal to have what i have right now. :X

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
i am full of the censure on this board, serious.

Why dont you add me to msn xD?? I can send you another thing xD

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Gowa this seems a bit too big, i doubt you can put in on your pocket. Thats why I said internet on a mobile device isnt good - You either have a tiny screen or you have a big device that you can't transport easily

dandan

Smash Lord
oh. well he said i can only get the new pj64 if i donate and he doesn't seem willing to upload it so i'm guessing i'm gonna have to donate

IT WORKED

by the way, has anyone heard about that store blowing up?
nope, not telling you to donate, i have not donated either.
do whatever you feel like, i will ask the person who sent me the link later if it is ok to post, if he says it is, i will upload it.

edit: just realized i am over 1000 posts, and i am quite sure my 1000th post was dumb :S

#HBC | ѕoup

so, let's say..hypothetically, he lets you..

how long would it take to make that switch?

also, would smashboards allow it?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
the official rlz says nothing about freeware exes. But the mods/admin abnned a guy because he posted the Project M leak in the boards, so....

DMoogle

A$
If the copyright owner gives permission to post it on here, then it's fine with Smashboards.
the official rlz says nothing about freeware exes. But the mods/admin abnned a guy because he posted the Project M leak in the boards, so....
Copyright violation infractions are worth 3 points. It takes 6 points to get banned, and even then, you get unbanned once the infractions expire. The only way someone would get permabanned is if they continually violated that rule.

For reference:
6. Respect Copyright
Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) requesting, providing, or instructing how to find, create, or use illegal copies of copyrighted software and related applications (including ROMs).

Be respectful of copyright law in your posts. Reproducing substantive portions of copyrighted material without permission from the copyright owner is prohibited.

* Copyright Violation - 3 points, 14 days

#HBC | ѕoup

to the people who keep messaging for the new pj64 1.7:

wait for dandan, i'm not giving it out.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
lol at the image bull****. the best way is to post a link to a blank space, such as:
[*URL="herpaderp"] [/URL]
just take out the star.

DMoogle

A$
Please stop trying to dodge the 10char filters, guys. It's directly against the rules. I don't like giving infractions in the Social Thread, but, like I said, it's directly against the rules...
for once i actually agree with felipe project M files aren't copyrighted at all as it's just gct codes and stuff
When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
Source: U.S. Copyright Office Website

If you don't think that the program you guys are talking about falls under this category, then it's probably best if you take it up with an admin.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
The pacs are propety of nintendo, not project M, they amde the models, the bone an almost everything in it

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Gowa this seems a bit too big, i doubt you can put in on your pocket. Thats why I said internet on a mobile device isnt good - You either have a tiny screen or you have a big device that you can't transport easily
Jesus. Who would argue with this? OF COURSE INTERNET IS BETTER ON A COMPUTER THAN IT IS ON A PHONE. That doesn't mean that phone internet is worthless though.

And again, just because something on a phone is worthless to you doesn't mean it is worthless to everyone.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Jesus. Who would argue with this? OF COURSE INTERNET IS BETTER ON A COMPUTER THAN IT IS ON A PHONE. That doesn't mean that phone internet is worthless though.

And again, just because something on a phone is worthless to you doesn't mean it is worthless to everyone.
I know, I'm actually doing a hatin' session on apple and steve jobs, internet on a phone is fine as long as its not on any apple product :cool:

Frogles

Smash Ace
The pacs are propety of nintendo, not project M, they amde the models, the bone an almost everything in it
its about respect man. these guys are doing this in their free time and not getting anything in return. if they dont want it spread then you dont spread it.

firo

Smash Ace
The new netplay on PJ1.7 is done through a input plugin. It is completely separate from the emulator, and can be used on other ones too. It is also not "p2p" - someone hosts a server, and everyone else connects only to that person (thus the person in the middle geographically should host). The issue is not with releasing the 1.7 emulator, but rather just the plugin, as it was released in a package. If someone were to tell the author what the situation is, maybe he'd be willing to release just the plugin publically.

The main difference between Kaillera, P2P, and this other netplay, is, as malva noted, that it uses TCP instead of UDP. This means that the packets are guaranteed to reach their destination without any corruption.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
its about respect man. these guys are doing this in their free time and not getting anything in return. if they dont want it spread then you dont spread it.
obvius, i taook down the link from like 4 forums, i love the project but i dont know WHy they are banning the people for psot it on the boards.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
The new netplay on PJ1.7 is done through a input plugin. It is completely separate from the emulator, and can be used on other ones too. It is also not "p2p" - someone hosts a server, and everyone else connects only to that person (thus the person in the middle geographically should host). The issue is not with releasing the 1.7 emulator, but rather just the plugin, as it was released in a package. If someone were to tell the author what the situation is, maybe he'd be willing to release just the plugin publically.

The main difference between Kaillera, P2P, and this other netplay, is, as malva noted, that it uses TCP instead of UDP. This means that the packets are guaranteed to reach their destination without any corruption.
Anyone can upload it to a external server???? someone took b10 down from rapidshare .-.

NixxxoN

Smash Master

hmmmmmm thats quite interesting, however I dont see the 4 players P2P being a success - we discussed this long ago. This is pretty much like 4 players connecting to a server, but worse, because the server has more bandwidth and a much better, bigger and higher priority bandwidth and routing that makes server multiplay faster and with less ping than this weird 4P P2P.

Also, about the TCP/UDP thing... OMG? Does this mean you will never ever DS? if this is true i can see some other disadvantage here. TCP is slower for this kind of online gaming stuff right?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I didn't notice it being any slower.

I have not DS'd though and it lags considerably less then EVERY other emulator I've ever seen

And you can still use this emulator to host consistent team matches that wont DS and have the best frames of delay possible for all players.

Revven

FrankerZ
obvius, i taook down the link from like 4 forums, i love the project but i dont know WHy they are banning the people for psot it on the boards.
Hmmm maybe it's because we don't want people to get the wrong impression of the game? Maybe we don't want people playing it until it's done because some times people tend to make bad perceptions about a game even if it's not finished? We don't want it out there because for the umpteenth time now: it is not a finished product. If you don't like that, that's too bad.

Top Bottom