• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

DMoogle

A$
OMG OMG OMG OMG

I just logged into the server from school and I'm getting 27ms. Looks like I might be able to start playing online again!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
woot.

a$ gets back just in time for my computer to fail.

Since no one has been able to answer this question anywhere, maybe the swf community can help.

When I run any semi intensive application (chrome, p64k) my extender resources manager goes to the critical level and my tadk manager says that p64k is taking up a lot of cpu (more than normal). Also the 'system' and 'services' processes seem to be taking up cpu which is odd because they normally do not.

I have run many anti virus scans in safe mode, but the problem does not go away.

Is this anything related to not having enough memory? Where can I check this?

anyone halp me?

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I have a question that I'm too lazy/noob to test. Can kirby go under corneria, unassisted with the pound abillity? Because I'm pretty sure he could in Meele, should he have this ability. But corneria in SB64 is much bigger but then kirby jumps are longer and he has a usable up over jiggs so I dunno.
Kirby can't pound in melee. He uses jiggs rollout.

Can Kirby go under corneria in 64 while using pound ability?
I think its only possible if the jump resets, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

@kuz got anything running in the background that you don't need. If you do or if you wanna check.

Go to start and then run if your on XP or just go to search programs and files if your on Vista/Win7. Type in msconfig. Go to the startups tab and check off anything you don't need and then apply. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. Unless you have one of those viruses that don't show up when you scan. My bro had one of those and it did some hella damage...burned the BIOS the more he used his computer. My dad had to take his to a industrial cleaner just to get that virus off, and they still couldn't get it off. Lost his computer. Wish I could help, but thats all I know.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Hehe, when I said "who knows" I meant that in response to "Are you serious?"

Anyway I have been accused of being lag filled scene I got my computer working again. What is the ideal settings for minimum lag?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I fixed it -_-

My laptop battery was corrupted. Just had to unplug it and run off the AC power and its fine.

Wtf battery, I hate you

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I fixed it -_-

My laptop battery was corrupted. Just had to unplug it and run off the AC power and its fine.

Wtf battery, I hate you
Hahahaha, if you couldn't tell, I was alluding to battery problems! Usually, if the battery dies or something, it'll begin to overheat, and for whatever reason, that jacks up your CPU usage, probably as a preemptive to keep your computer from using up more CPU, which would cause a meltdown or something.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

This is a nifty little gadget that I discovered a while back. It'll monitor the temperature of each core on your computer, so you can tell if it's too hot or what have you. Not all computer cores run at the same temperature, so you might have to do some experimentation at normal conditions or look up the specs of your processor to see what normal operating temperature is and then perform temperature tests when you have issues like this.

Test the temperature with and without the battery!

Battlecow

Play to Win
if anyone wants to make a really cool online ssb tutorial I'll upload it to my YouTube
Someone should do that! Great idea, it would probably bring some nubs in- with the number of people who watch all of Isai's vids...

Might even take a whack at it myself. The coolness must be mind-wasting, though.

Top Bottom