• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wait they're adding a Rival schools character to Street fighter? Noice! That's exactly what I wanted.

Rival Schools fans finally eat after more than a decade since Batsu was in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
And the small snack that was Project X Zone.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Seriously. I want... not a sequel per-say... more like a deluxe version with improved graphics and a lot more content. Obviously on Switch. I even have a roster for it.
Imagine if they made a sequel and added the characters that Tatsunoko is most known for in western markets
6c3e7ad9f12a36cba65f6eca607c390a.jpg

D

Deleted member

Man, over 10 years later and I'm still disappointed the western release had to cut Bob. That show was a big part of my childhood, so I was excited when he was in a new game, but alas.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Anyways I'm gonna block myself here for around half a day.

I'm tired and feels like while I want to talk about stuff, it's hard not to get annoyed by it if no-one wants to. And is like the 20th cycle.

Reminds me of a scene in A Place Further Than The Universe where a character tries to make "Friendship Contracts" with the others, where they all have to follow certain rules and such for each other. No matter what IRL but that's never going to happen. It's relatable in a way.

I can't believe I'm 23 and doing this all the time and hate directing it at this crowd cause I know you guys are a bit tired already. Maybe I actually miss the classroom environment more than I thought.

By the way, I'm blocking from here, not Discord. The other reason is to get myself through my story so you guys can hopefully get something good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just got the rest of my Nova Grappler Budget deck today, and I've been playtesting it...
wtf. I literally have shuffled for like 5 minutes and solitaire playtested three times and somehow every game BOTH copies of my single 2-of G3 gets into my hand while the G3's I actually want to Ride go to damage, so I'm forced to ride the only G3 in my deck that doesn't have a VC effect, only a RC one. My deck is cursed apparently, because the odds of that happening is like... super..super..low, like "meeting a random person on the street who looks the exact same as you" kind of raw chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love TWEWY, but it's seriously annoying how they keep teasing stuff and nothing ever happens. I doubt a sequel could even live up to its hype by now though.
Also Another Day was a gift that kept on giving.
I mean, we just got news of an anime adaptation that looks like it has actual effort put into it with the same compser
If what Tansut says is true we probably won’t be waiting much longer. maybe throw in Neku in Smash with it

did they take MK8, NSMBU, and Tropical Freeze off too?

waiting for when Xenoblade X disappears off the Wii U eshop
Tropical Freeze was taken down yeah

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if they made a sequel and added the characters that Tatsunoko is most known for in western markets
View attachment 281407
Alright, time to share what I've got because I can't not.
Like I said, an HD remake/remaster of the original title with a bunch of new content as well as an English dub. New characters are bolded. Giant characters are italicized.
  • Ken the Eagle (Science Ninja Team Gathchaman)
  • Jun the Swan (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman)
  • Joe the Condor (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman)
  • Berg Kattse (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman)
  • Casshan (Neo-Human Casshen)
  • Tekkaman (Tekkaman: The Space Knight)
  • Tekkaman Blade (Tekkaman Blade)
  • Tekkaman Evil (Tekkaman Blade)
  • Polimar (Hurricane Polymar)
  • Yatterman-1 (Yatterman)
  • Yatterman-2 (Yatterman)
  • Doronjo (Yatterman)
  • Karas (Karas)
  • Hakushon Daimaō^1 (The Genie Family)^2
  • Ippatsuman (Gyakuten! Ippatsuman)
  • Space Ace (Space Ace)
  • Speed Racer (Speed Racer)
  • Stig Barnard^3 (Genesis Climber MOSPEADA)^4
  • Speedy Cerviche (Samurai Pizza Cats)
  • Guido Anchovy (Samurai Pizza Cats)
  • Muteking (Muteking, The Dashing Warrior)
  • SoulTaker (The SoulTaker)
  • Nurse Witch Komugi (Nurse Witch Komugi)
  • Msyu (C)
  • Gold Lightan (Golden Warrior Gold Lightan)
  • Evangelion Unit-01 (Neon Genesis Evangelion)^5
  • DLC
    • Eko Hoshunin (Karas)
    • Gawl Kudo (Generator Gawl)
    • Shurato Hidaka (Legend of Heavenly Sphere Shurato)
^1: Bob in the USA
^2: Bob in a Bottle in the USA
^3: Scott Barnard in the USA
^4: Robotech: The New Generation in the USA
^5: Daikyojin (Yattodetaman) if licensing fails
  • Ryu (Street Fighter)
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  • Alex (Street Fighter)
  • M. Bison (Street Fighter)
  • Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
  • Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)
  • Ingrid (Capcom Fighting Jam)
  • Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
  • Mega Man Volnutt (Mega Man Legends)
  • Roll (Mega Man)
  • Zero (Mega Man X)
  • Sigma (Mega Man X)
  • Kaijin no Soki (Onimusha)
  • Saki Omokane (Quiz Nanairo Dreams)
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
  • Frank West (Dead Rising)
  • Strider Hiryu (Strider)
  • Sir Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
  • Amaterasu (Ōkami)
  • Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
  • PTX-40A (Lost Planet)
  • Devilotte (Cyberbots)
  • DLC
    • Akuma (Street Fighter)
    • Felicia (Darkstalkers)
    • Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
© Tatsunoko Production © SOTSU - Tatsunoko Production © Tatsunoko Pro./KARAS Comittee. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Saban Capital Group, LLC © Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © khara, inc.

©CAPCOM CO., LTD. ©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. © MOTO KIKAKU. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I just hope Pikmin 3 Deluxe sells well. All the main games were released on poor selling consoles, so I hope Pikmin 3 Deluxe will be able to garner some kinda of popularity for the franchise.
The fact that it's now a completely multiplayer game will probably help, and is rather tempting for me too, since multiplayer story mode has been something I wanted ever since I first played Pikmin 2.

D

Deleted member

Every mode in the Deluxe version is now multiplayer. The story mode, bingo battle, mission mode, and the new side modes.
Oh I thought you meant like the entire game was like an MMO or smh my bad.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I never played a pikmin before but in theory would 3 be a good place to start?

D

Deleted member

Got the same question here too tbh. I've never played the games, only saw (I think it was 2?) being played at a friends house once, a very long time ago. That's about all I know regarding the franchise.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How to destroy all good faith after baclash 101

There was a problem fetching the tweet
"Sorry you can't get the most popular Marvel character, but we announced Generic Archer Man with the Generic Shaved Soldier Look last week"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmmm I am also curious about something

for the Wii U’s virtual console did they remove any NES/SNES titles that are now on the Switch NSO?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Clint Barton just wants to be loved and not overshadowed by Spider-Man...
...but no **** you Clint for not liking Spidey

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Didn't expect Rival Schools to be brought back after so many years, sure am happy for the series' fanbase though.

GhostM

Phantom
So a page from the book, 'The Traveller At the Gates of Wisdom', by John Boyne, shows the ingredients to make red dye, except its the ingredients to create red dye in Breath of the Wild. You can see the words Octoroks, red lizalfos and four Hylian shrooms. I don't know how this happened but it's kind of funny.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good to see Pikmin 3 has given another chance (I'm just going to stick with my Wii U copy). But we're going to need more than that to quench this Nintendo 2020 drought.

I also think Pikmin 3 being shadow dropped could hurt the chances of an August Direct happening beyond the Partner Showcase Directs. But we'll see.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So a page from the book, 'The Traveller At the Gates of Wisdom', by John Boyne, shows the ingredients to make red dye, except its the ingredients to create red dye in Breath of the Wild. You can see the words Octoroks, red lizalfos and four Hylian shrooms. I don't know how this happened but it's kind of funny.

It's also worth noting that the book in question is a serious historical fiction novel.

Also, I just read that Street Fighter V is adding Dan.

Kind of weird that they only announced four of the five characters. I'm hoping Mike Haggar makes it in, because he seems overdue given that basically every Final Fight 1 character but Haggar and Belger have been included in a Street Fighter game, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It’s pretty good. The main cast is perfect and Alex Hirsch is hilarious in it. I think the lore has a lot of potential and I’m fully convinced on the theories that Edea is Stans Ed wife and King is Bill reincarnated. The show has has some smart hints towards the later. Weather or not that affects anything later I don’t know. The Emperor should be an interesting villain though. And Amity is a very well written bully character.
Not sure about the Eda theory though if it were true it'd be amazing.

The King and Bill CIpher theory though, that's a hill I'll die on if I have to lol.

Got the same question here too tbh. I've never played the games, only saw (I think it was 2?) being played at a friends house once, a very long time ago. That's about all I know regarding the franchise.
You'll be missing out on a lot of story concerning Olimar and the background of other things if you go to three, but three is a great place to start from a gameplay perspective. It introduces plenty of new game mechanics as well as mostly improving on those from prior games, and does a good job of explaining the basics. Managing and ordering Pikmin has always been fun to do, so you're set on that front. It also has a time limit like the first game, though it's less restricted and relies instead on how much progress you're making. It also lacks a dungeon system present only in Pikmin 2, so no matter which game you start with or what order you play the games in, Pikmin 2 is always gonna be the odd one out on that front. It's still a great game, but all in all I can agree that three is still a perfectly good place to start, from both a gameplay perspective and considering the fact that it's much more easily available than either of it's predecessors.

The first two Pikmin games have aged perfectly well, imo, just...as long as you aren't playing the original Gamecube version of Pikmin 1. The New Play Control version of it on the Wii has some bugs but it's better than the original simply because Pikmin are much easier to control and save from environmental hazards than in the original.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, that was one of the best evenings I had with my IRL friends.

We bought KH3, we ate a good chunk of food, we took a long walk, we went through a deeply Dark tunnel, we spent an hour at a park and all in all we had a great time together.

This did me a lot of good.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just realized something: In the data of Pokémon HOME there's a unique cry that seems to be for a second Jynx form and datamining Sword/Shield suggests Jynx will be one of the returning Pokémon in The Crown Tundra DLC.

*thinking emoji*

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just realized something: In the data of Pokémon HOME there's a unique cry that seems to be for a second Jynx form and datamining Sword/Shield suggests Jynx will be one of the returning Pokémon in The Crown Tundra DLC.

*thinking emoji*
This is a really old find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom