• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Wait, when did Disney hire him? That sounds like a disaster.
Some years ago.

He was a main/supporting cast member one a Disney Channel sitcom called Bizaardvark for two seasons but they fired and cut all other ties with him.

Heavy is apparently a character people really want: it topped a fan vote going by this news article. Not particularly surprising tbh but just a neat little tidbit.
https://www.dexerto.com/amp/smash/h...an-vote-as-most-requested-dlc-fighter-1401335

edit: here’s the original tweet too
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I want to believe the Heavy has a chance.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
75056E0A-0185-4843-A2F9-85D082165C5A.jpeg

Well, I hired a guy to come and pluck this Japanese Sparrow Hornet (Suzumebachi) from my yard. He also poisoned and killed off any remaining Hornets but advised us going to the area where the nest was for a full week. He said these Hornets cover vast distances and sometimes can be gone for days so these adventurers might return and get angry to find the nest and queen gone. I noticed a few buzzing around this morning but hopefully the nest was small enough that it didn’t have that many in the colony.

We had to send notices to all nearby households we were removing the hornet nest and I had to get the kids who were playing outside to go back inside during the removal process. In the end, it was about $400 to remove but the city hall paid for $100 of it which was nice but still quite steep. The remover was clad in a special bee suit made for these guys since they can puncture or bite through standard beekeeping suits. These are the same hornets, dubbed “murder hornets” that are making landfall in Washington state.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So... here's a thought. What if Fire Emblem remakes become as much of an expected tradition as Pokemon remakes? Meaning next up would be a Geneaology of the Holy War remake for Switch would come next.

Might be smart to also release like... a Fire Emblem DS collection on Switch. Like, just slap Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, Fates, and Echoes on a switch cartridge.

Just thinking of ways to maximize the franchise's efficiency in the future. I still don't really care for it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
View attachment 281453

Well, I hired a guy to come and pluck this Japanese Sparrow Hornet (Suzumebachi) from my yard. He also poisoned and killed off any remaining Hornets but advised us going to the area where the nest was for a full week. He said these Hornets cover vast distances and sometimes can be gone for days so these adventurers might return and get angry to find the nest and queen gone. I noticed a few buzzing around this morning but hopefully the nest was small enough that it didn’t have that many in the colony.

We had to send notices to all nearby households we were removing the hornet nest and I had to get the kids who were playing outside to go back inside during the removal process. In the end, it was about $400 to remove but the city hall paid for $100 of it which was nice but still quite steep. The remover was clad in a special bee suit made for these guys since they can puncture or bite through standard beekeeping suits. These are the same hornets, dubbed “murder hornets” that are making landfall in Washington state.
That nest looks like some dude who REALLY needs a dentist.

KillerCage

Smash Master
View attachment 281453

Looks like a Cacodemon.

Cacodemon.JPG

Shroob

Sup?
So... here's a thought. What if Fire Emblem remakes become as much of an expected tradition as Pokemon remakes? Meaning next up would be a Geneaology of the Holy War remake for Switch would come next.

Might be smart to also release like... a Fire Emblem DS collection on Switch. Like, just slap Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, Fates, and Echoes on a switch cartridge.

Just thinking of ways to maximize the franchise's efficiency in the future. I still don't really care for it.
Geneology would be a.... very awkward game to remake in today's era.

It wouldn't surprise me if it either got censored or had a M slapped on it due to a handful of things that happen in it tbh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Heavy is apparently a character people really want: it topped a fan vote going by this news article. Not particularly surprising tbh but just a neat little tidbit.
https://www.dexerto.com/amp/smash/h...an-vote-as-most-requested-dlc-fighter-1401335

edit: here’s the original tweet too
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Shantae tho...still want her...and must still finish Seven Sirens
View attachment 281453

thought it was a demonic Piranha Plant

or...Blazing/Binding Blade remake...both the same game instead of separate ones...maybe even keep Lyn around throughout the game just cause

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 281453

That looks like a Beholder :yoshi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Geneology would be a.... very awkward game to remake in today's era.

It wouldn't surprise me if it either got censored or had a M slapped on it due to a handful of things that happen in it tbh.
Was that the one with the BBQ? I really don't want to see that as an anime cutscene

Shroob

Sup?
Heh. An m rated Nintendo game. Now I really want to see it remade.
I say that as it's kinda uncomfortable.

I don't remember 100%, but I'm pretty sure the r word is involved along the halfway point since, during the middle point, the villain flat out wins and steals your wife.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I just finished Wonderful 101 Remastered. Now I just have to go through and pick up all the hidden Wonderful Ones I missed (at the end of the story my count was 72) and grind for enough parts to get the hidden characters.... that might necessitate playing the whole game over again.... wow. But I don’t care. I had a BLAST with this game! It’s so goofed and fun and action packed. It’s Platinum at its most self aware and it’s marvelous. Though I do wish the camera controls for the “lower screen” moments were a bit... better. And I am not a fan of how finicky some of the unite morph drawings can be. Especially when you’re supposed to do it for the first time in a quick time event. Really wish they could have found a way to do it with buttons in the switch version and it’s not a mechanic I would be sad to see go if we ever get The Wonderful 202.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Came up with a fun little Disney headcanon.

The Lion King and Hercules are set in the same universe. A traveling nomad in Africa eventually came upon the remains of what was left of Scar (After being killed and devoured by the hyenas) his skin being made to wear and eventually through trading made it all the way to Greece that Hercules eventually wore. :p

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the R word can easily have just been dependant on the fan translation, you know how edgy fansubbers tend to be
I don't really think it has anything to do with fan translations since, it happens. Arvis kills Sigurd in cold blood and then takes Deidre as his wife, who then has kids with her, one of which obviously turns evil and kills her. I guess you could read it differently, but Geneology is a VERY dark game, pretty sure that's the angle they were going for.

Meeee-ow! Nintendoooo! I didn’t know you could be so dark! Veeeery sexy!
.....what the **** Snake

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't really think it has anything to do with fan translations since, it happens. Arvis kills Sigurd in cold blood and then takes Deidre as his wife, who then has kids with her, one of which obviously turns evil and kills her. I guess you could read it differently, but Geneology is a VERY dark game, pretty sure that's the angle they were going for.

.....what the **** Snake
Ooooh I thought you meant a slur by saying the R word.

Eh. Three Houses has a surprising amount of implied sexual assault, especially with Mercedes' backstory and the history of the Crest system heavily suggesting it's very common for the sake of eugenics, especially when the Death Knight DLC happened

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

.....what the **** Snake
Oh come on. People being dark and edgy can be very very sexy. It’s not the events of the story, it’s that Nintendo had the guts to write it and publish it.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh come on. People being dark and edgy can be very very sexy. It’s not the events of the story, it’s that Nintendo had the guts to write it and publish it.
I... don't really equate dark and edgy to being sexy, though maybe that's just because I've grown to recognize the trope of "Dark, brooding character who's full of ANGST" as kinda overdone.

4's just.... a bit icky for me. My own personal reasons since, frankly, I really didn't care for 4 in the first place when I played it, the maps are ****ING HUGE and if you're not a mounted unit you're kinda useless, but eh.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I haven't played Genealogy of the Holy War, but I think I'd probably be okay with it because from what I hear, it treats **** and incest like bad things. Ya know, with
Julius becoming the vessel for an evil dragon god because of those things and all.

I'd like to play the game myself and form my own opinion though, it's just that...
...Well, it seems a little tedious.

Shroob

Sup?
I haven't played Genealogy of the Holy War, but I think I'd probably be okay with it because from what I hear, it treats **** and incest like bad things. Ya know, with
Julius becoming the vessel for an evil dragon god because of those things and all.

I'd like to play the game myself and form my own opinion though, it's just that...

...Well, it seems a little tedious.
As someone who has played it

It's as tedious as it looks.

Mounted units are the godsend units in the game, while foot units may as well not exist.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The new wild area event is pretty cool. Pikachu family, including Mimikyu and Alola Raichu, plus a separate slot for Shiny Pikachu.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Captain Marvel 2 has landed a new director with Nia DaCosta who is currently working on the Candyman reboot.

Anyways, here are my thoughts on last night's Street Fighter V Summer Update digital presentation:

I actually felt like this could very well be the beginning of a new era for Capcom's fighting game division which is pretty much needed improvement in terms of its communication and I really do hope that they will provide more updates like this in the future.

The character picks were highly interesting which Rival School's Akira Kazama makes it in which caught me out of surprise. Seeing that Batsu Ichimonji and Kyosuke Kagami both appeared in other Capcom crossovers from Capcom Vs SNK 2, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Project X Zone. So its great to see Akira finally getting the shine she deserves and perhaps she could be gaining further recognition. As I said, it is very interesting that they decide to leave the last character reveal at a later date which makes me think that this character could be something special. Perhaps a guest character from another Capcom franchise or someone from a third party company which is my guess. So who knows.

Another interesting tidbit that I found is that Akira Kazama was considered for Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite, however she did not make the cut for the final roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom