• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man I've been pretty bipolar today.

Went for a nap and feel better. Anyone wanting to see any of my photos from Ghost of Tsushima?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I expected to wake up to some good reveals after insiders hyped this Direct up for so long.

As you can imagine, I am disappointed. But it's still cool and I won't lose hope.

Dutch Raikuna

Actually wait never mind.

Also Mods; Can we please get the media uploader reworked? I was trying to post gifs earlier for some reason it is not working unless from Giphy. And for some reason we can't post gifs from the likes of Tenor and Pinterest.

I was trying to find a few gifs from earlier and didn't work.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I expected to wake up to some good reveals after insiders hyped this Direct up for so long.

As you can imagine, I am disappointed. But it's still cool and I won't lose hope.
Well for what it’s worth, it seems insiders know of an entire other presentation and that’s what they thought this was gonna be.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Had my expectations low enough so I wasn't disappointed or mad at the Nintendo Direct Mini. Still way too short though.

Also:
1595269363222.png

What on Earth were people expecting in a mere 8 minutes?

D

Deleted member

Wondering if anyone here has played Hylic 2.

Saw Nitro Rad's recent review on the Game and I'm admitedly tempted to give It a try due to the Claymation artstyle.

D

Deleted member

Had my expectations low enough so I wasn't disappointed or mad at the Nintendo Direct Mini. Still way too short though.

Also:
View attachment 279484

The downvotes are more about Nintendo's tone deafness of it being an 8 minute third-party exclusive Direct in such a drought than anything. People weren't expecting much, but that doesn't mean they can't be disappointed either. Giving a warning of "third-party focused Mini Direct" doesn't suddenly make people "oh well, then it's fine". Like, if we actually had any news and they dropped a Mini like that, people would've been more receptive, especially with finally seeing SMT 5 and the Nocturne remake, which is a a fan favorite. But there's nothing, so that very short Mini Direct feels like a slap to the face to a lot of people. It's all about context. We don't even know anything about the holiday season and the year is halfway over already. Nintendo's marketing really has been dropping the ball hard this year.

In short, it's not so much that expectations were high, despite what snarky YT would like you to believe, but the tone deafness of having an 8 minute third-party Direct in an info drought. And on that end, the downvotes are very much understandable.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Also:
View attachment 279484

I gave it a dislike, not because of my expectations, but because I don't like this "partner showcase" format, if you're going to put five games you could've just as easily dropped trailers for. I'd rather have these shoved into a full direct instead of having eight minutes of "yup, that exists all right."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They should have put Mega Man in Ultra Street Fighter II....

Bad Box Art Mega Man.
I’d be down.
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
Alright. I created my own TMNT Universe for the sake of it and most of the characters have written backstories on my laptop. I can share those too if you are interested.
Base Game
  • Leonardo
  • Donatello
  • Raphael
  • Michelangelo
  • Splinter
  • Aprill O'Neil
  • Casey Jones
  • Leatherhead
  • Slash
  • Wingnut and Screwloose
  • Man Ray
  • Mondo Gecko
  • Mutagen Man
  • Bishop
  • Fugitoid
  • Mona Lisa
  • Hothead
  • Aska
  • Muckman
  • Nobody (IDW)
  • Bebop
  • Rocksteady
  • Tokka
  • Rahzar
  • Fishface
  • Tiger Claw/Tatsu
  • Karai
  • Shredder
  • Hun
  • Baxter Stockman
  • Chrome Dome
  • Krang
  • Lord Dregg
  • Mozar
  • Armaggon
  • Madame Null
  • War (summons Death, Pestilence, and Famine as assists)
  • Rat King
  • Sisyphus
  • Super Shredder (also doubles as final boss)
DLC Season 1
  • Miyamoto Usagi
  • Jason Lee Scott/Red Ranger
  • Stainless Steel Steve
  • Renet
  • Venus de Milo
  • Ultimate Ninja
  • Kitsune
  • Dragon Lord
  • Alpoex
  • Ch'rell
DLC Season 2
  • Batman
  • The Ghostbusters (like how the TMNT were done in Injustice 2)
  • Marshall Moo Montana
  • Baron Draxum
  • Meat Sweats
  • Yaotl
  • Metalhead
  • Bloodsucker
  • Hattori Kinzō
  • Ace Duck
  • Old Hob
  • Viral

D

Deleted member

Speaking of YouTube and tone deafness, they just killed ways to get the old layout... again. This new layout sucks so much, it takes so long to load and they know people hate the general mobile inspired layout, but because of their monopoly they also don't need to try to be better.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Also:
View attachment 279484

The whole "ten minutes" estimate was only in a Japanese tweet (so not everyone might have seen it), and even if they did see it, this Direct wound up being less than that. (the previous "mini" Nintendo Direct was half an hour, so people had a reason to expect more if they didn't see that ten minute estimate)

On top of that, unless you were already a Shin Megami Tensei fan, it doesn't seem like there was much to get out of this Direct.

Then there were people who somehow completely missed the description and thought that we'd be getting news on Breath of the Wild 2.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

And now I'm pretty stuck on trying to rename one of my characters. After Wade giving me feedback on my characters, I'm going to rename some of them but not have them be generic.

It's pretty hard and trying to rename a fox character without trying to use Google Translate.

Anyone curious on ideas for names? Any help would be nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've spent most of the day cleaning and waiting for my adapter to get here so I can start using my new mic.

But on the plus side I now have a spot in the garage(well now with this carpet it's less of a garage and more of a "living room 2.0) which is my "studio" so to speak. Technically it's also where we put our 3 dogs but I'll deal with that as we go.
But moving into the garage solves the main non-content related issue I've been having: Lighting! the lighting in my room is abysmal so I figured moving into the garage would fix that. I mean it's also kinda noisy but at least I can control that(unlike my lighting problem which is caused by my bunkbed of all things)

Now I just sit here and wait. Hopefully my TD upgrading cards get here finally.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In other news, I just bought Hollow Knight on the switch.

I let you know more once I play it.

D

Deleted member

In other news, I just bought Hollow Knight on the switch.

I let you know more once I play it.
Hopefully you enjoy It!!!

Edit: tag me too about your opinions on It as I love Metroidvanias!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Always been meaning to pick up Hollow Knight and Celeste as well, but something always came up so I never did. Might do so next time they're on sale, though not sure if I'll go for Switch or PC.

Speaking of sales though, I did get Sonic Generations on Steam, even though I already own it for PS3. I mean, it was just 1€ and has some great modding support, so it was totally worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
And now I'm pretty stuck on trying to rename one of my characters. After Wade giving me feedback on my characters, I'm going to rename some of them but not have them be generic.

It's pretty hard and trying to rename a fox character without trying to use Google Translate.
How do you plan to go about picking a name? Are you not using anything from other languages?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah, you have clearly made a good decision. Tag me whenever you post about your experience playing! I’d love to hear.
Hopefully you enjoy It!!!

Edit: tag me too about your opinions on It as I love Metroidvanias!
I see what I can write on my phone lol, that and I'm not that good with sharing my opinions on games, but I see what I can do.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright. I created my own TMNT Universe for the sake of it and most of the characters have written backstories on my laptop. I can share those too if you are interested.
Base Game
  • Leonardo
  • Donatello
  • Raphael
  • Michelangelo
  • Splinter
  • Aprill O'Neil
  • Casey Jones
  • Leatherhead
  • Slash
  • Wingnut and Screwloose
  • Man Ray
  • Mondo Gecko
  • Mutagen Man
  • Bishop
  • Fugitoid
  • Mona Lisa
  • Hothead
  • Aska
  • Muckman
  • Nobody (IDW)
  • Bebop
  • Rocksteady
  • Tokka
  • Rahzar
  • Fishface
  • Tiger Claw/Tatsu
  • Karai
  • Shredder
  • Hun
  • Baxter Stockman
  • Chrome Dome
  • Krang
  • Lord Dregg
  • Mozar
  • Armaggon
  • Madame Null
  • War (summons Death, Pestilence, and Famine as assists)
  • Rat King
  • Sisyphus
  • Super Shredder (also doubles as final boss)
DLC Season 1
  • Miyamoto Usagi
  • Jason Lee Scott/Red Ranger
  • Stainless Steel Steve
  • Renet
  • Venus de Milo
  • Ultimate Ninja
  • Kitsune
  • Dragon Lord
  • Alpoex
  • Ch'rell
DLC Season 2
  • Batman
  • The Ghostbusters (like how the TMNT were done in Injustice 2)
  • Marshall Moo Montana
  • Baron Draxum
  • Meat Sweats
  • Yaotl
  • Metalhead
  • Bloodsucker
  • Hattori Kinzō
  • Ace Duck
  • Old Hob
  • Viral
That’s quite the roster there. Though I have to ask, when you put these rosters together, do you have a general idea of how each of these characters would play?

Anyone curious on ideas for names? Any help would be nice.
Well what is your character like? Could you describe them?

Dutch Raikuna

Me about to make a rant about people not caring and stuff to one of my friends and then by luck of the gods, someone replies.

1595274691234.png

How do you plan to go about picking a name? Are you not using anything from other languages?
Well what is your character like? Could you describe them?
It was the one you had trouble pronouncing on Discord. Not my main character but the beastguy I told you about.

Just went with Latin. The original name was hard to say so I went with Vulpeshu (Vul-pesh-u) instead of Yeohuli (Ye-o-hu-li). Like Vulpix but a bit longer to keep to race character naming rule.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna be straight with ya

As a SMT fan

I couldn't be happier today.

It's been FOUR YEARS ALMOST since SMTV was teased, and having an HD Version of Nocturne on the Switch, a game most consider one of the best entries of the series?

Yeah, good day for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First time in years and I forgot how much a wasp sting/bite hurts...-_-

Gonna have to ask my dad to look around my place in case of any nests.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna be straight with ya

As a SMT fan

I couldn't be happier today.

It's been FOUR YEARS ALMOST since SMTV was teased, and having an HD Version of Nocturne on the Switch, a game most consider one of the best entries of the series?

Yeah, good day for me.
Glad to hear your day was good Shroob!!!

I'd say mine's was good too between the purchased I did today and the SMT news.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It was the one you had trouble pronouncing on Discord. Not my main character but the beastguy I told you about.

Just went with Latin. The original name was hard to say so I went with Vulpeshu (Vul-pesh-u) instead of Yeohuli (Ye-o-hu-li). Like Vulpix but a bit longer to keep to race character naming rule.
You could probably alter the name as well to something that you think would sound better,

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Today, I learned that zealous Nintendo fans have their own definition of the word “niche.” Under normal circumstance, it translates to “relating to products appealing to a small section of the population.” From the comments I’ve seen, these specific Nintendo fans use it meaning “I have never or hardly heard of it or dislike it personally, ergo nobody else does.” Anybody else notice this?

Shroob

Sup?
Today, I learned that zealous Nintendo fans have their own definition of the word “niche.” Under normal circumstance, it translates to “relating to products appealing to a small section of the population.” From the comments I’ve seen, these specific Nintendo fans use it meaning “I have never or hardly heard of it or dislike it personally, ergo nobody else does.” Anybody else notice this?
Been that way since the dawn of Smash speculation tbf.

"A series I don't know about" = "It's niche"

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
All the time

Dutch Raikuna

You could probably alter the name as well to something that you think would sound better,
Nah, I like it. I was trying to use other languages and was trying to play with words like hearing, acrobat, and stuff but then decide to go for this.

On another note I really do hope for more people to read my thing as well (don't know about you), problem is that I don't know if anyone else is interested in it. And wouldn't want to throw it here. Just hate asking people about it. Makes me sound really damn desperate and clingy.

Feels like as well with the Discord chat today I've put people off because of my rant.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Been that way since the dawn of Smash speculation tbf.

"A series I don't know about" = "It's niche"
Ya know, Metal Gear is pretty niche.
- Pre-Ultimate speculation, probably

D

Deleted member

I GOT MY MICROPHONE ADAPTER NOW YEAHHHHHH

But somehow none of the cards I ordered like 9 days ago have gotten here..?
Ah whatever, those cards in particular aren't for my content so I don't mind that much. Anywayyyyy... brb got a microphone to test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom