• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Woah, so many games I have on my backlog:

>DMC5
>Persona 5 Royal
>FFVII Remake
>Monster Hunter World
>TWEWY

May not seem like much, but with my limited budget it can be really tough to buy all of these.
P5R...Makoto awaits
Hey guys so Nintendo of Europe just broke their silence. We may hear something today from Nintendo of America/Nintendo of Japan or Sakurai perhaps.
Sakurai has been doing tweets nonstop
The return of Vergeben!

Mario Kart 9...why yes please
Metroid...as long as I can finally beat a Metroid game let’s go

Meanwhile in other news they just revealed Ben 10 for Brawhalla.
...wrong Ben 10...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The return of Vergeben!

I still feel like Mario Kart 9 should still be a year off at least.

And for The World Ends With You 2..... Of any sequels this is the one where I don't want a bait and switch like the mobile port back in 2012.

And man I'm getting hungry for Nintendo news. Welcome to consumerism I guess.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm having a hard time believing this Verge Nintendo stuff considering that new WarioWare still isn't here and the 2D Metroid was rumored for last year iirc.

The Persona stuff and Heihachi stuff I believe though.

D

Deleted member

Well, I texted them and some will be available this weekend.

I guess I will go take a nap now until my parents fall asleep or something.

Tag me if any kind of big news happen please.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Elevator pitch. In a hypothetical timeline where Disney and Warner Bros put aside their differences and make a DC vs. Marvel fighting game. What if after that they go a step further and make a fighting game starting their classic cartoon characters. Disney vs. Looney Tunes. Go all out with the cartoon physics and slapstick and squash and stretch to make it a really unique fighter. WB also owns all the classic MGM cartoon characters so Tom and Jerry and co could be there no problem. And if you want to get some of the other classic cartoon characters like Woody Woodpecker, Felix the Cat, and Mighty Mouse, guess what you would only have to talk to two companies to do it (Universal and Viacom). Way fewer companies then worked together for LEGO Dimensions alone. It would be amazing if the sprites were all hand drawn like Cuphead, but it could also be done Arc Sys style to achieve a similar styleized look. Make it a real love letter to the Golden Age of Animation (And I do mean Golden Age. No Hanna-Barbera or UPA. Even though they’re both owned by Universal and Warner Bros as well).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay. Elevator pitch. In a hypothetical timeline where Disney and Warner Bros put aside their differences and make a DC vs. Marvel fighting game. What if after that they go a step further and make a fighting game starting their classic cartoon characters. Disney vs. Looney Tunes. Go all out with the cartoon physics and slapstick and squash and stretch to make it a really unique fighter. WB also owns all the classic MGM cartoon characters so Tom and Jerry and co could be there no problem. And if you want to get some of the other classic cartoon characters like Woody Woodpecker, Felix the Cat, and Mighty Mouse, guess what you would only have to talk to two companies to do it (Universal and Viacom). Way fewer companies then worked together for LEGO Dimensions alone. It would be amazing if the sprites were all hand drawn like Cuphead, but it could also be done Arc Sys style to achieve a similar styleized look. Make it a real love letter to the Golden Age of Animation (And I do mean Golden Age. No Hanna-Barbera or UPA. Even though they’re both owned by Universal and Warner Bros as well).
you sure have lots of ideas flowing through your head

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Good morning everyone, hope all is well! So I have a question for you guys. I have this fan made Smash Bros Series Symbol shirt that I bought back in Wii U/3DS days, and one of the series symbols I cannot figure out for the life of me. If one of you could figure it out that would be great!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Did he actually say this? This is just some random dude saying Vergeben said this.
Yeah, I'm going to ask for a source on this. I just looked on Vergeben's Reddit and GameFAQ's account and nothing has been given on this information. There is no reason to believe this came from him yet.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you sure have lots of ideas flowing through your head
Which is why I'm going into the entertainment business
Good morning everyone, hope all is well! So I have a question for you guys. I have this fan made Smash Bros Series Symbol shirt that I bought back in Wii U/3DS days, and one of the series symbols I cannot figure out for the life of me. If one of you could figure it out that would be great!
does it have anything to do with rhythm heaven? We know that symbol was in Smash4's code.

I like posting them here to get feedback and just... talk about them. If I have a cool idea I want to share it with people.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's an oreo. from the oreo series.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So for a little progress update on my Pokemon Y run, my team is looking impressively stacked. Delphox, Venasaur, Florges, Doublade, and Tyrantrum are the current members now, with one more spot I'll be filling in for later on. Plus, I'm about to take on Valerie with 5 gym badges so far.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
None of it is anything unique or special outside of Heihachi being a guest in something and MK9 happening soon anyway
I thought you were talking about Mortal Kombat for a second and I was going to go, "wait, MK9 already released years ago".

Then I remembered that Mario Kart exist and now I feel dumb.

Big GAMER moment for me.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah, I'm going to ask for a source on this. I just looked on Vergeben's Reddit and GameFAQ's account and nothing has been given on this information. There is no reason to believe this came from him yet.
Yeah, figured as much. Not being given a proper source is a red flag right out the gate here.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Which is why I'm going into the entertainment business

does it have anything to do with rhythm heaven? We know that symbol was in Smash4's code.

I like posting them here to get feedback and just... talk about them. If I have a cool idea I want to share it with people.
Thats what I was thinking of. The shirt has about 4 including that one where I cannot figure of the series symbol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you want to check for yourself, Smash Wiki lists all series symbols here: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Series_symbol

I don't think this symbol is featured in any official Smash game.

D

Deleted member

My father started playing something loud on his phone so I couldn't focus enough to fall asleep.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
P+ is really fun, but I wish CPUs wouldn't taunt after *every single kill*. It just gets irritating, quickly.

Anyway, I'm halfway through day 3. Went through Wario, MK, and Pit. The Pokemon Trainer's pokemon are next in line.

D

Deleted member

There are tons of possibilities on where this could go, but perhaps by a long shot, Heihachi is a guest character as one of the five new challengers for the upcoming Street Fighter V update.
Yeah, that could also happen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I picked up Katamari Damacy on the Switch. I know very little about it, but the game seems like it will be fun, funny, and good to play if I need a break.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m be incredibly surprised if we not only got MK9 revealed this year but also released.

Not only is that a lot of Mario, but the bigger problem is that MK8 Deluxe is still selling big time and one of the most bought bundles on Switch. While jeopardize those continued sales when you don’t need to.

Granted a MK9 with more Nintendo Characters and a roster expanding into other parts of the Mario Universe like bringing back Funky, would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom