• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
****, my guy...Alcamoth quest binging is kinda the pits. I can't say too much since I did the same, though (recently hit five stars for Frontier Village too).

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game so far, and the story only becomes even more bat**** crazy from that point on.
Oh yeah, I know that, about the story I mean, can't wait to experience it myself while playing.

Also, can I just say it really quick?

Ahem, ahem...

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Holy **** those Wii U ads ****ing sucked

H O T B U T T E R E D P O P C O R N T H A T S A D E A L

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Self Inserts, one that will always stand out to me is the Doctor from Fairly Oddparents
A literal self insert of Butch Hartman who's defining personality is that he's extremely handsome and is egotistical. He's also played by Butch.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Speaking of Self Inserts, one that will always stand out to me is the Doctor from Fairly Oddparents
A literal self insert of Butch Hartman who's defining personality is that he's extremely handsome and is egotistical. He's also played by Butch.
He was one of my favorite characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 274333

Well that'd be an odd choice for sure.

Because of Riverdale on CW? :yoshi:
Ironically enough, Archie starts fighting crime in Riverdale to protect homeless kids from being drug runners. He beats the **** out of their boss too and chases him out of town. Archie was also in a prison fight club and is a boxer so....
I lowkey thought the Archie series died years ago.

My grocery store stopped stocking them ages ago. I know Archie Comics itself had stuff like Sonic and Megaman, but I thought the actual series was dead in the water.
Archie in Injustice seems less weird then Archie vs. Predator.
Well it did die sort of. This predator comic was used to reboot the franchise iirc.

Also let’s not forget that Time where The punisher teamed up with Archie or the Zombie potatoes, or the apocalypse Archie comics.

The entire series is one hell of a trip. Which is probably while the latest story for riverdale has them dealing with People dressing( with accurate masks) like comic versions of Betty, Archie, Jughead, and Veronica commuting murder.

The Archie franchise honestly wouldn’t be that out of place in Injustice lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I got knocked out of Elite Smash and spent hours trying to get back in to no avail. It was frustrating but I did what I could to keep a good mentality and avoid getting tilted. That is until I went up against a really annoying, campy Dark Samus main who brought me down to a two stock deficit. Then I decided to just let the ole Zard lose and play really aggressive, going with what my instincts said to do. I still lost, but I almost made a huge comback - that Dark Samus was on their last stock and at 75% before they landed a killing blow on me.

I decided to go take a shower and think on that. I realized while I was showering that somewhere along the lines, I got in the habit of playing really passive, trying to wait to see what my opponent does or thinks before trying to make a move. That kind of defensive play doesn't suit me. I'm at my best when I'm playing aggressively, going ham on my opponent and then making reads when I've conditioned them to fear certain moves and situations.

So I went back online with the mentality that I'll play more proactively, not reactively and it worked really well. That didn't mean throwing out unsafe moves or never trying to block or bait things, but I spent a lot more time dashing and jumping around and throwing out safe pokes when at the right range. I just had a huge winning streak and made my way back up to Elite Smash, then beat a player in there pretty handily.

I think I kind of just had a little breakthrough. I'm no top player but if I can maintain this play style and mind set I think I'll at least be pretty good by wi-fi warrior standards.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The earlier Archie talk reminded me that a while back I started to work on a potential voice cast list for the Archie gang if they ever returned to an animated series. I wanted to think of actors that could fit both the cartoony and more realistic styles the series comics have done up to this point. Anyone willing to help me with some ideas for this?

The only definite suggestions I had in mind were Nathan Sharp (NateWantsToBattle) as Archie himself and William Saylers (PS4 Doc Octavius) as Mr. Weatherbee

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That one worked cause he was poking fun at himself.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kind of bummed that there was no announcements, but I think had a pretty good day anyway.

Went on a 4 mile walk on a local nature trail, and immediately blew it by buying a box of donuts for the family and trying out a Mediterranean restaurant.

Went to the local strip mall for the first time in months and picked up copies of Sakura Wars, Langrisser I & II (remake), the Zero/ZX Collection, and the latest volume of Urusei Yatsura. Was amazed to find pretty much all of the games I was looking for at my local Play N Trade without much effort. Am glad I waited rather than giving more money to Amazon.

I'll probably wait until I get around to beating Valkyria Chronicles 4 before tackling Sakura Wars, though I hope leaves up to it's cult classic reputation. I already have copies of Langrisser/Warsong for the Genesis (found II at an import shop) but have yet to play them, so maybe I'll finally try them.

While already good, the auto save states should help the Zero series be a lot more bearable; aside from how much the games ask of players to obtain good rankings, playing on a TV makes the screen crunch more noticeable as an issue.

Urusei Yatsura is finally past the chapters contained the original international mini-comic releases in the early 2000s. With the movies coming to Blu Ray, my fingers are still crossed we'll see a re-release of the anime. I really don't want to pay $20 - $100 dollars for DVDs with only 2-4 episodes...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Y'all still care about who FP2 has?

I've reached peak zenith state of "It is, who it is".
I’ve kinda always had that mentality when it comes to Smash characters honestly. No matter who’s added, they‘ll be fun, I'm sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what I should do.

Wake up in the morning for once.
In my case I need some holidays without my parents.

Sick of my father laughing at me for being nice and helping other people out.

I still haven't given up on my plan to spend a whole week with my friends at the south.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
In my case I need some holidays without my parents.

Sick of my father laughing at me for being nice and helping other people out.

I still haven't given up on my plan to spend a whole week with my friends at the south.
The day I do something like that with friends is the day the world ends.

And I myself need some days away from my siblings. Both sides want to disown each other now.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So

First Archie gets gored to death by the Predator and gets NTR'd

Now John, who's a stand-in for Jim Davis, drank dog sperm

Well tonight's all sorts of magical ain't it.
NANI THE ****?! For real???

D

Deleted member

I personally wish It did rain here today.

Would be cool for the cultives and the plants.

D

Deleted member

Welp, someone’s recreating FNAF 6 in VR, and they got me on as an animator. They just sent me an early access key, and all that is left to do before release is bug fixes.

I fear.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly it annoys me that the PS Store doesn't have a wish list like the eShop.

And get notified if something gets price dropped below a certain point. That'd be nice.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ontario is entering phase 2 of reopening and that includes hair salons. I can finally get this hair of mine cut which has been really bothering me for a while now.

D

Deleted member

Sakura Wars PS4 has made me realize even more that my family is stupid because It rewards the player for basically doing stuff any normal person should do (being empathic for other people and trying to bring towards anyone when you feel they seriously need it).

It may sound kinda silly, but with the amount of times my parents have unironically bashed me for having human decency I was worried the entire world had views messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom