• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's no big deal, really.

A LoL character would absolutely be a first for Smash, having a MOBA character in. Though, like I said before, it honestly wouldn't surprise me. League is universally a massive game. It's arguably one of the most recognized games in the world.
Yeah, I was gonna say something like the second thing you said. MMORPGs or MOBAs, we don't see anything from those at all in Smash, do we?

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I was gonna say something like the second thing you said. MMORPGs or MOBAs, we don't see anything from those at all in Smash, do we?
None whatsoever.

Xenoblade, in my opinion, is like a fake MMO. The gameplay of Xenoblade, at least when I played it, reminded me heavily of old school MMOs like Classic World of Warcraft or Runescape, but it's not a real MMO because, well, it's not actually online and is a single player game.

MOBAs are honestly newer in the gaming scape, only really appearing in the mid 2000's, and thanks to a mod of Warcraft 3, DOTA. League splintered off from DOTA as its own thing and... just kinda became uber successful.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well, like I said, I liked the Werehog, so it doesn't bother me. Not that he will come back, ever, but I understand why some don't like the Werehog.
I kinda want the Werehogs gameplay to be given to Knuckles, I feel like that style fits his character really well.

I also feel like the rookies gameplay from forces fits Tails pretty well, not as fast as Sonic and focused on weapons instead of the boost.

If they did a game like this it could work.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wouldn't be opposed to LoL in Smash but I wouldn't be particularly excited for it either, TBH. PC MOBAS really aren't my cup of tea and I know jack **** about the game besides it being extremely popular within the genre, but hey, if the character looks cool and has an interesting moveset, I'm down for whatever. I'm already happy with ARMS being the opener so it'd be fairly difficult to disappoint me right now.

That's assuming that Vergeben is to be believed about this, though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I wouldn't be opposed to LoL in Smash but I wouldn't be particularly excited for it either, TBH. PC MMOs really aren't my cup of tea and I know jack **** about the game besides it being extremely popular within the genre, but hey, if the character looks cool and has an interesting moveset, I'm down for whatever. I'm already happy with ARMS being the opener so it'd be fairly difficult to disappoint me right now.

Notanmmo

Notanmmo

Notanmmo

Did you hear something? I didn't.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wouldn't be opposed to LoL in Smash but I wouldn't be particularly excited for it either, TBH. PC MOBAS really aren't my cup of tea and I know jack **** about the game besides it being extremely popular within the genre, but hey, if the character looks cool and has an interesting moveset, I'm down for whatever. I'm already happy with ARMS being the opener so it'd be fairly difficult to disappoint me right now.

Verge only said he's looking into it, he hasn't endorsed it

Shroob

Sup?
Verge only said he's looking into it, he hasn't endorsed it
Yeah, I was about to say. I noticed Snake saying something similar earlier but all I saw of Verg was that he was looking into it.

People seem a bit too quick to jump on this leak getting a single thing right for some reason; we've all seen how this pans out for countless other leaks in the past. It's why we had to keep alive the dumbass Email leak or the Neogaf leak for soo damn long.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah, I was about to say. I noticed Snake saying something similar earlier but all I saw of Verg was that he was looking into it.

People seem a bit too quick to jump on this leak getting a single thing right for some reason; we've all seen how this pans out for countless other leaks in the past. It's why we had to keep alive the dumbass Email leak or the Neogaf leak for soo damn long.
These are tough times dude. Some people are getting too hungry for a leak.

Honestly I'm personally iffy on it. Feel like a League of Legends character would be a special Nintendo China event reveal later on the year. Something like when Shulk got revealed in a Japanese only Direct. (Remember those Japan only Directs? Takes me back.)

Shroob

Sup?
These are tough times dude. Some people are getting too hungry for a leak.

Honestly I'm personally iffy on it. Feel like a League of Legends character would be a special Nintendo China event reveal later on the year. Something like when Shulk got revealed in a Japanese only Direct. (Remember those Japan only Directs? Takes me back.)
I mean, sure League is big in China, no denying that, but, League is kinda big globally.

I don't think you'd necessarily have to roll the red carpet out exclusively for China when, I mean, it pretty much dethroned Starcraft as the face of competitive E-Sports, and nothing's come close to taking its throne for almost a decade now, not even Dota2.

My bigger question is...... who the **** would they even pick? League has over 120 characters and no real 'main' character. Mascots exist, but there's no 'official' Mascot. It's a total crapshot.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey Dylly! As far as I know, nothing major has been going on, only Smash news we have is Trial of Mana spirits.
People's reaction to that is still super funny.

Dragon Quest: *gets four characters in one very faithful fighter, a stage, eight music tracks, four Mii costumes, 14 Spirits, and multiple cameos*
Smash fans: *sleep*
Trials of Mana: *gets three Spirits*
Smash fans: "REAL ****?"

D

Deleted member

Hello, hello, hello. How are y'all?

Trying to make an attempt to be more active here. lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She’s already in dude.
View attachment 269966
nah this Makoto, Victory Voice Makoto, and FS Makoto ain’t enough Makoto. We need a playable Makoto, the stage Makotos, the weapon Makoto, the Makoto songs, anime Makoto, announcer Makoto, background picture Makoto, and so much more of Makoto...Makoto Niijima will end up being in more places than Chrom could ever dream of taking over.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Looks like Game Freak is directly affected by COVID-19 now as well. On a related note, I’m interested in what Sakurai’s column will be about next week. Last week’s issue was much more about it than I initially suspected it would be. I believe he may opt for another development opinion piece.

Anyway, here’s the Game Freak press release translation. Looks like they’re continuing to work as usual despite the setback.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Looks like Game Freak is directly affected by COVID-19 now as well. On a related note, I’m interested in what Sakurai’s column will be about next week. Last week’s issue was much more about it than I initially suspected it would be. I believe he may opt for another development opinion piece.

Anyway, here’s the Game Freak press release translation. Looks like they’re continuing to work as usual despite the setback.

Even when Gamefreak is giving their A game we end up with mediocre switch title, I can only imagine how it would end up if they had less staff on hand for work.

nah this Makoto, Victory Voice Makoto, and FS Makoto ain’t enough Makoto. We need a playable Makoto, the stage Makotos, the weapon Makoto, the Makoto songs, anime Makoto, announcer Makoto, background picture Makoto, and so much more of Makoto...Makoto Niijima will end up being in more places than Chrom could ever dream of taking over.
Me if Persona 5 arena happens.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure what's going on with EVO this year, given everything that's happened with the coronavirus, but inspired by this video, if we got Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (which seems like a real possibility, given the out-of-the-blue inclusion of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as a main stage EVO game - I get that it's the 20th anniversary, but it still seems random), who would you want to see?

You can either go with individual characters or a full roster - I'll go with both, though I'll put the roster in spoiler tags for the sake of page size.

I'd really like to see Kamala Khan, or Ms. Marvel, in the game. Her powers seem perfectly suited for a fighting game, and the character interactions would be great. While I'm not a fan of the character like other people are, I find it weird that Loki hasn't made it into one of these games given how long he's been around, his popularity, and the fact that both versions of MvC3 came out around the time where he was having his biggest role in the MCU.

On the Capcom side of things, Mega Man's technically not a new character, but given how much reinventing would be needed, he might as well be. As we've seen in Smash Bros., despite how awkward his initial MvC moveset was, we see that he can work in a 2D fighter.

As for the full roster,

I'm limiting myself to 48 characters - it can be divided by 2 (to have an even split between Marvel and Capcom) and 3 (since the game's based around teams of three), and while 54 works for that as well, I feel like that's a bit too much. Sure, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 had slightly more, but that was an asset flip - an overwhelming majority of the characters used sprites from previous games.

Let's start with the obvious ones - Ryu, Morrigan, Chun-Li, Akuma, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Captain America. These characters are in most of the Versus games, and without the petty legal squabbles of MvC Infinite keeping the X-Men out, there's no reason why they shouldn't be included.

Thor and Hulk seem like obvious choices, as do Black Panther and Captain Marvel. For a new character from the Avengers, I'd like to see the Wasp included. While it feels weird to leave only one of the founding Avengers (Ant-Man) out, the Wasp can do anything that he can do plus flying and shooting lasers (though growing giant seems to only be temporary in most continuities).

Like I said, I'd like to see Ms. Marvel and Loki in these games, so let's throw them in there. While we're on an Avengers kick, I feel like Kang the Conqueror doesn't get much respect for being one of the characters with a good claim to being the Avengers' arch enemy. (either him or Ultron) Plus, they could do interesting things with time travel, Kangs from multiple timelines, or future tech, so I'm throwing him in there.

You've got to have X-Men - the problem is that I'm not overly familiar with the X-Men, so I'm not sure who the must-have characters are. Storm and Magneto have been consistently included, Deadpool seems like a must-have (even if he's not an X-Man), and given his history with the series, why not include Cable as well?

Then there's the Fantastic Four - Doctor Doom definitely needs to be in there (not biased at all), and it's a little weird that the Fantastic Four have never been playable in these games. I'm not sure if there's enough room to include the entire team, but at the very least, I'd include the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing. I'll come back to the FF later, depending on how much space I have.

I feel like we're short on villains so far, so let's throw in Ultron, Thanos, and Venom. My original plan was to have sixteen veterans and eight newcomers on each side, but I've already reached sixteen vets, so that's going to have to change. At the very least, I haven't included Doctor Strange yet, and he seems like a must-have. Also, why not? Let's throw Shuma-Gorath in there as well, since Capcom loves including him for some reason, and it's gotten to the point where it's pretty much a running gag.

For the last Marvel character, I'm torn between a few options - Star-Lord, Blade, and Squirrel Girl. Of the three, my gut tells me to go with Squirrel Girl, since it seems like she'd allow for a lot more creativity for the hypothetical developers.

----------

Now for the Capcom side. Like I said, Mega Man should be in there. His moveset would have to pretty much be completely revamped from how it was in MvC2. Going through the list of veterans, Dante, Wesker, Strider Hiryu, and Mike Haggar seem like must-haves. So does Jill Valentine, though her moveset would likely need to be revamped to be based on Revelations and the RE3 remake.

I feel like a new Street Fighter character pretty much HAS to be in there - of the characters introduced in Street Fighter V, Rashid stands out the most to me. On a related note, let's throw Asura from Asura's Wrath in there, since his game's DLC showed him working in a 2D fighter.

Other MvC vets that would make a lot of sense would be Zero, Vergil, Nemesis (with Jill in there), and Felicia. Also, I'd include Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, and Viewtiful Joe, because there's no reason that I can think of why they should be excluded.

There's only one veteran spot left, unless I change the numbers up like what I did with Marvel, but there's one choice that stands out to me as being really obvious: Amingo Servbot Hayato Kanzaki Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins.

For newcomers, Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers comes to mind - he's a kung-fu werewolf that keeps narrowly missing out on these things. Gene from God Hand is a popular choice who hasn't made it in yet, so I'll include him as well.

I feel like I'm running out of ideas for new Capcom characters, so I'll make the last two characters veterans. I'm not sure if Dead Rising is as popular as it once was (by my understanding, Dead Rising 4 pretty much killed the franchise), but Frank West has an entertaining and creative moveset, so I'd include him. Adding Sigma to MvC Infinite made a ton of sense, though it was baffling that one of the main villains of the story was locked behind DLC, so I'll include him as the last character in this roster.

1. Spider-Man
2. Wolverine
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America
5. Thor
6. Hulk
7. Black Panther
8. Captain Marvel
9. Storm
10. Magneto
11. Cable
12. Deadpool
13. Doctor Doom
14. Ultron
15. Thanos
16. Venom
17. Dr. Strange
18. Shuma-Gorath
19. The Wasp (NEW)
20. Ms. Marvel (NEW)
21. Loki (NEW)
22. Kang the Conqueror (NEW)
23. The Thing (NEW)
24. Squirrel Girl (NEW)
25. Ryu
26. Morrigan
27. Chun-Li
28. Akuma
29. Dante
30. Wesker
31. Strider Hiryu
32. Mike Haggar
33. Zero
34. Vergil
35. Nemesis
36. Felicia
37. Phoenix Wright
38. Viewtiful Joe
39. Amaterasu
40. Arthur
41. Frank West
42. Sigma
43. Mega Man (NEW-ish)
44. Jill Valentine (NEW-ish)
45. Rashid (NEW)
46. Asura (NEW)
47. Jon Talbain (NEW)
48. Gene (NEW)

This was the end result of my attempt at making a roster, with my explanations in the spoiler tag. I only tried grouping the characters by franchise, so some funny coincidences popped up, like Shuma-Gorath and Amaterasu being opposite from each other when they're both gods, or Deadpool and Nemesis being opposite each other given that Deadpool (to quote himself from long before the movie was happening) looks like a cross between Ryan Reynolds and a shar-pei, and Nemesis is a superpowered rotting corpse.

Mind you, EVO might not even happen this year, or the inclusion of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 could be building up to the announcement of a MvC collection on modern consoles. I just wanted to do this for fun.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what's going on with EVO this year, given everything that's happened with the coronavirus, but inspired by this video, if we got Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (which seems like a real possibility, given the out-of-the-blue inclusion of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as a main stage EVO game - I get that it's the 20th anniversary, but it still seems random), who would you want to see?

You can either go with individual characters or a full roster - I'll go with both, though I'll put the roster in spoiler tags for the sake of page size.

I'd really like to see Kamala Khan, or Ms. Marvel, in the game. Her powers seem perfectly suited for a fighting game, and the character interactions would be great. While I'm not a fan of the character like other people are, I find it weird that Loki hasn't made it into one of these games given how long he's been around, his popularity, and the fact that both versions of MvC3 came out around the time where he was having his biggest role in the MCU.

On the Capcom side of things, he's technically not a new character, but given how much reinventing would be needed, he might as well be. As we've seen in Smash Bros., despite how awkward his initial MvC moveset was, we see that he can work in a 2D fighter.

As for the full roster,

I'm limiting myself to 48 characters - it can be divided by 2 (to have an even split between Marvel and Capcom) and 3 (since the game's based around teams of three), and while 54 works for that as well, I feel like that's a bit too much. Sure, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 had slightly more, but that was an asset flip - an overwhelming majority of the characters used sprites from previous games.

Let's start with the obvious ones - Ryu, Morrigan, Chun-Li, Akuma, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Captain America. These characters are in most of the Versus games, and without the petty legal squabbles of MvC Infinite keeping the X-Men out, there's no reason why they shouldn't be included.

Thor and Hulk seem like obvious choices, as do Black Panther and Captain Marvel. For a new character from the Avengers, I'd like to see the Wasp included. While it feels weird to leave only one of the founding Avengers (Ant-Man) out, the Wasp can do anything that he can do plus flying and shooting lasers (though growing giant seems to only be temporary in most continuities).

Like I said, I'd like to see Ms. Marvel and Loki in these games, so let's throw them in there. While we're on an Avengers kick, I feel like Kang the Conqueror doesn't get much respect for being one of the characters with a good claim to being the Avengers' arch enemy. (either him or Ultron) Plus, they could do interesting things with time travel, Kangs from multiple timelines, or future tech, so I'm throwing him in there.

You've got to have X-Men - the problem is that I'm not overly familiar with the X-Men, so I'm not sure who the must-have characters are. Storm and Magneto have been consistently included, Deadpool seems like a must-have (even if he's not an X-Man), and given his history with the series, why not include Cable as well?

Then there's the Fantastic Four - Doctor Doom definitely needs to be in there (not biased at all), and it's a little weird that the Fantastic Four have never been playable in these games. I'm not sure if there's enough room to include the entire team, but at the very least, I'd include the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing. I'll come back to the FF later, depending on how much space I have.

I feel like we're short on villains so far, so let's throw in Ultron, Thanos, and Venom. My original plan was to have sixteen veterans and eight newcomers on each side, but I've already reached sixteen vets, so that's going to have to change. At the very least, I haven't included Doctor Strange yet, and he seems like a must-have. Also, why not? Let's throw Shuma-Gorath in there as well, since Capcom loves including him for some reason.

For the last Marvel character, I'm torn between a few options - Star-Lord, Blade, and Squirrel Girl. Of the three, my gut tells me to go with Squirrel Girl, since it seems like she'd allow for a lot more creativity for the hypothetical developers.

----------

Now for the Capcom side. Like I said, Mega Man should be in there. His moveset would have to pretty much be completely revamped from how it was in MvC2. Going through the list of veterans, Dante, Wesker, Strider Hiryu, and Mike Haggar seem like must-haves. So does Jill Valentine, though her moveset would likely need to be revamped to be based on Revelations and the RE3 remake.

I feel like a new Street Fighter character pretty much HAS to be in there - of the characters introduced in Street Fighter V, Rashid stands out the most to me. On a related note, let's throw Asura from Asura's Wrath in there, since his game's DLC showed him working in a 2D fighter.

Other MvC vets that would make a lot of sense would be Zero, Vergil, Nemesis (with Jill in there), and Felicia. Also, I'd include Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, and Viewtiful Joe, because there's no reason that I can think of why they should be excluded.

There's only one veteran spot left, unless I change the numbers up like what I did with Marvel, but there's one choice that stands out to me as being really obvious: Amingo Servbot Hayato Kanzaki Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins.

For newcomers, Jon Talbain comes to mind - he's a kung-fu werewolf that keeps narrowly missing out on these things. Gene from God Hand is a popular choice who hasn't made it in yet, so I'll include him as well.

I feel like I'm running out of ideas for new Capcom characters, so I'll make the last two characters veterans. I'm not sure if Dead Rising is as popular as it once was (by my understanding, Dead Rising 4 pretty much killed the franchise), but Frank West has an entertaining and creative moveset, so I'd include him. Adding Sigma to MvC Infinite made a ton of sense, though it was baffling that one of the main villains of the story was locked behind DLC, so I'll include him as the last character in this roster.

1. Spider-Man
2. Wolverine
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America
5. Thor
6. Hulk
7. Black Panther
8. Captain Marvel
9. Storm
10. Magneto
11. Cable
12. Deadpool
13. Doctor Doom
14. Ultron
15. Thanos
16. Venom
17. Dr. Strange
18. Shuma-Gorath
19. The Wasp (NEW)
20. Ms. Marvel (NEW)
21. Loki (NEW)
23. The Thing (NEW)
24. Squirrel Girl (NEW)
25. Ryu
26. Morrigan
27. Chun-Li
28. Akuma
29. Dante
30. Wesker
31. Strider Hiryu
32. Mike Haggar
33. Zero
34. Vergil
35. Nemesis
36. Felicia
37. Phoenix Wright
38. Viewtiful Joe
39. Amaterasu
40. Arthur
41. Frank West
42. Sigma
43. Mega Man (NEW-ish)
45. Rashid (NEW)
46. Asura (NEW)
47. Jon Talbain (NEW)
48. Gene (NEW)

Mind you, EVO might not even happen this year, or the inclusion of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 could be building up to the announcement of a MvC collection on modern consoles. I just wanted to do this for fun.
Interesting roster, with a good focus on balance.

My roster got pretty big, mainly because it was hard to narrow down all the Marvel characters.
1) Iron Man
2) Spider-Man
3) Ant-Man
4) Wasp
5) Hulk
6) Thor
7) Black Widow
8) Hawkeye
9) Captain America
10) Scarlet Witch
11) Quicksilver
12) Dr. Strange
13) Wolverine
14) Storm
15) Jean Grey
16) Iceman
17) Deadpool
18) Mr. Fantastic
19) Invisible Woman
20) Black Panther
21) Captain Marvel
22) Star-Lord
23) Rocket Raccoon
24) Black Bolt
25) Silver Surfer
26) Namor
27) Squirrel Girl
28) Magneto
29) Doctor Doom
30) Thanos
31) Nate
32) Loki
33) Apocalypse
34) Ultron
35) Mysterio
1) Ryu
2) Chun-Li
3) Akuma
4) Ken
5) Haggar
6) Mega Man
7) Mega Man X
8) Zero
9) Sigma
10) Dante
11) Vergil
12) Nero
13) Morrigan
14) Felicia
15) Chris
16) Jill
17) Wesker
18) Leon
19) Nemesis-T
20) Frank
21) Wright
22) Amaterasu
23) Joe
24) Arthur
25) Firebrand
26) Asura
27) Batsu
28) Bateson
29) Nina
30) Strider
31) Meio
32) Monster Hunter
33) Michelle
34) Samanosuke
35) Captain Commando

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Interesting roster, with a good focus on balance.

My roster got pretty big, mainly because it was hard to narrow down all the Marvel characters.
1) Iron Man
2) Spider-Man
3) Ant-Man
4) Wasp
5) Hulk
6) Thor
7) Black Widow
8) Hawkeye
9) Captain America
10) Scarlet Witch
11) Quicksilver
12) Dr. Strange
13) Wolverine
14) Storm
15) Jean Grey
16) Iceman
17) Deadpool
18) Mr. Fantastic
19) Invisible Woman
20) Black Panther
21) Captain Marvel
22) Star-Lord
23) Rocket Raccoon
24) Black Bolt
25) Silver Surfer
26) Namor
27) Squirrel Girl
28) Magneto
29) Doctor Doom
30) Thanos
31) Nate
32) Loki
33) Apocalypse
34) Ultron
35) Mysterio
1) Ryu
2) Chun-Li
3) Akuma
4) Ken
5) Haggar
6) Mega Man
7) Mega Man X
8) Zero
9) Sigma
10) Dante
11) Vergil
12) Nico
13) Morrigan
14) Felicia
15) Chris
16) Jill
17) Wesker
18) Leon
19) Nemesis-T
20) Frank
21) Wright
22) Amaterasu
23) Joe
24) Arthur
25) Firebrand
26) Asura
27) Batsu
28) Bateson
29) Nina
30) Strider
31) Meio
32) Monster Hunter
33) Michelle
34) Samanosuke
35) Captain Commando
Apocalypse would be great, even if I know very little about him. I was tempted to include Jean Grey, but I couldn't find the space with my self-imposed limitations.

Also, did you mean to put Nico, or was that supposed to be Nero?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Something that bothers me is that when people make Nintendo vs. Capcom rosters, they usually keep Luigi, out (but have Mario, Peach, and Bowser).

Not only is it very offputting (because just those three feels incomplete), but there's no way Luigi getting left out in a spinoff that stars Mario characters.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The English name for the latest Pokémon anime is Pokémon Journeys and it'll be on Netflix

Just throwing that out there

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

On the Capcom side of things, Mega Man's technically not a new character, but given how much reinventing would be needed, he might as well be. As we've seen in Smash Bros., despite how awkward his initial MvC moveset was, we see that he can work in a 2D fighter.

As for the full roster,

I feel like we're short on villains so far, so let's throw in Ultron, Thanos, and Venom. My original plan was to have sixteen veterans and eight newcomers on each side, but I've already reached sixteen vets, so that's going to have to change. At the very least, I haven't included Doctor Strange yet, and he seems like a must-have. Also, why not? Let's throw Shuma-Gorath in there as well, since Capcom loves including him for some reason, and it's gotten to the point where it's pretty much a running gag.

----------

For newcomers, Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers comes to mind - he's a kung-fu werewolf that keeps narrowly missing out on these things. Gene from God Hand is a popular choice who hasn't made it in yet, so I'll include him as well.

1. Spider-Man
2. Wolverine
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America
5. Thor
6. Hulk
7. Black Panther
8. Captain Marvel
9. Storm
10. Magneto
11. Cable
12. Deadpool
13. Doctor Doom
14. Ultron
15. Thanos
16. Venom
17. Dr. Strange
18. Shuma-Gorath
19. The Wasp (NEW)
20. Ms. Marvel (NEW)
21. Loki (NEW)
23. The Thing (NEW)
24. Squirrel Girl (NEW)
25. Ryu
26. Morrigan
27. Chun-Li
28. Akuma
29. Dante
30. Wesker
31. Strider Hiryu
32. Mike Haggar
33. Zero
34. Vergil
35. Nemesis
36. Felicia
37. Phoenix Wright
38. Viewtiful Joe
39. Amaterasu
40. Arthur
41. Frank West
42. Sigma
43. Mega Man (NEW-ish)
45. Rashid (NEW)
46. Asura (NEW)
47. Jon Talbain (NEW)
48. Gene (NEW)

This was the end result of my attempt at making a roster, with my explanations in the spoiler tag. I only tried grouping the characters by franchise, so some funny coincidences popped up, like Shuma-Gorath and Amaterasu being opposite from each other when they're both gods, or Deadpool and Nemesis being opposite each other given that Deadpool (to quote himself from long before the movie was happening) looks like a cross between Ryan Reynolds and a shar-pei, and Nemesis is a superpowered rotting corpse.

I like this roster. But I still miss Black Widow and Hawkeye. It also wouldn’t hurt to have slightly more obscure characters like Namor (my most wanted). I also think that Bison should be there. As well as Poison and a Monster Hunter character (bring back MH, maybe the Huntsmam from World, or Lute and Rathalos from the rider game that got an Amiibo.

If your roster was base game, and the characters I listed were DLC, I’d be aces.

Also, keep the free form tagging from Infinite, but with three partners. I hate the old tagging system (which is also why I don’t play FighterZ much anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom