• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Were people mad at ARMS? I don’t recall seeing anyone super duper hyped, but I also don’t recall seeing anyone really upset either.
I'm not hyped directly about an ARMS character, but Xenoblade 2 and ARMS missed the main game so it extends a thin ray of hope.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Aw man dude I hope you'll get better.

Hoping you didn't catch coronavirus granted diarrhea and vomiting isn't one of the symptoms from what I recall being an respiratory virus (Which is more the reason why people hoarding toilet paper is absurd).
Yeah, im feeling way better today
Due to vomiting and diarehea, but having NO OTHER symptoms (not a single fever, no body aches, no chest pain) it couldn't have been covid or stomach flu. I think it was mild to moderate food poisoning.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Toei just uploaded 119 episodes of free tokusatasu on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pddu3yyzkzFEiXfQLex3w
Only the standalone stuff and first episodes are subbed, but holy ****, I implore you to check this out, there is SO goddamn much from the good old days and this is just a ****ing treat, I'm not familiar with all of them, but fair warning, the Kamen Rider thing there is a horror movie

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah, im feeling way better today
Due to vomiting and diarehea, but having NO OTHER symptoms (not a single fever, no body aches, no chest pain) it couldn't have been covid or stomach flu. I think it was mild to moderate food poisoning.
I know the feeling.

Been coughing the past few weeks on and off but no symptoms of it. Oddly enough only occurs when I am lying down and rarely.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Note though you can have the virus without showing symptoms which is why its so contagious and spread all across the world at this point.

Until an vaccine is developed its gonna start being an yearly thing like the flu.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I am really having trouble finding any shooting stars in New Horizons. Does anybody know the conditions for them to appear?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I am really having trouble finding any shooting stars in New Horizons. Does anybody know the conditions for them to appear?
From my experience it’s on nights when Celeste is there and then you go on top of the highest hill and point your camera up.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It took all night but Cross tag battle finally downloaded.

My avatar is Chie and my team setup in Chie and Yosuke.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Thank you for reminding me. They exist, they’re just not super common. Kind of limited to the useable items in game. Aside from Mario that is.
I thought you were referring directly to the in-game items, though to be fair the power ups are a very standout part of the series and most of them feel alive cause of the eyes.

(Also forgot Bomber too)

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So I've decided on this now.

If FFVII Remake gets high 80s/low 90s on Metacritic, I'll get it.

If it doesn't I'll get Persona 5 Royal or something else.

Need something to play to increase the attention span.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I do wonder what items from other series could be spirits as well?

In terms of DLC, we got a Jiggy spirit.
I was just thinking because I'm working on my PSAS equivelent (cards) and was wondering if I should go out of the way to do items from each game or just stick to characters and the in-game usable items.

There really aren't many items that would work in most games, as spirits or cars.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The wait for the ARMS character reveal and potentially FP7 in June at least for me has helped as Kombat Pack 2 could be revealed this month in response to MK11's first year anniversary on April 23rd.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The wait for the ARMS character reveal and potentially FP7 in June at least for me has helped as Kombat Pack 2 could be revealed this month in response to MK11's first year anniversary on April 23rd.
I hope it has like, 7 characters instead of 6. Not because I'm greedy or anything. I just want the roster to be an even number. They could accomplish the same thing with a 5 character pack.

Maybe they release a character who's original to the movie closer to the film's release date?

Or maybe they give in to the whiners and do Mileena as a standalone addition.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I hope it has like, 7 characters instead of 6. Not because I'm greedy or anything. I just want the roster to be an even number. They could accomplish the same thing with a 5 character pack.

Maybe they release a character who's original to the movie closer to the film's release date?

Or maybe they give in to the whiners and do Mileena as a standalone addition.
We should be getting 19 characters at least (Counting Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung) based on the datamine from last year. So that indicates we should be getting two more Kombat Packs.

New datamine/leak indicates RoboCop is gonna be among the characters. It could be to coincide with RoboCop Returns, sequel to the original film ignoring the second and third films.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

There is nothing more in the world that pisses me off than noisy people in my neighborhood.

A group of adults down the street are blasting music and kids are noisy as ****.
Hopefully stupidity will take them out of the gene pool.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We should be getting 19 characters at least (Counting Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung) based on the datamine from last year. So that indicates we should be getting two more Kombat Packs.

New datamine/leak indicates RoboCop is gonna be among the characters. It could be to coincide with RoboCop Returns, sequel to the original film ignoring the second and third films.
****. That's still going to be an odd numbered roster. Sighs.

I wonder..... you think they're going to port it to Series X and PS5 right away, or do you think they're going to rely on backwards compatibility and only release a standalone version for those systems when they release the inevitable "Ultimate Edition".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Oh, you're dead? Guess you should of went in as a team and not by your selfish ass self."

-me, because uploader ****ed

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bayonetta on the Switch version (Kamiya tweeted about wanting it so it could happen!)
Heh Bayonetta in Mortal Kombat. I'm down for that.

Travis Touchdown could work too. He's in the same boat as Bayonetta in terms of being 2nd party given her co-ownership by Nintendo and Sega in the sense his games are only Nintendo exclusive.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Heh Bayonetta in Mortal Kombat. I'm down for that.

Travis Touchdown could work too. He's in the same boat as Bayonetta in terms of being 2nd party given her co-ownership by Nintendo and Sega in the sense his games are only Nintendo exclusive.
Or Ridley from Metroid, his brutal attacks in Smash would work.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Persona 4, I'm starting the sixth dungeon - I have the entire party available now, and I have upgraded Personas for most of them now, which should help to cover their weaknesses. (the only ones who haven't been upgraded yet are Teddie, Naoto, and Kanji, and Teddie's upgrade is guaranteed to happen since his social link is part of the plot)

This is just my speculation about what's left in the game, but it does contain some spoilers, so I'm going to spoiler-tag it.

I'm guessing that I have two more dungeons left - one for the real killer, since I know that Namatame isn't the real killer due to a specific character appearing in spin-offs, and at least one other dungeon for two reasons:

a) otherwise, an extended lecture from a character with a portrait (those tend to be important) about Japanese mythology would be completely pointless

b) most JRPGs end with a plucky group of [teens/twenty-somethings/monsters] leveling up enough to [stab/punch] a [god/demon/otherworldly being that's basically a god or demon] in the face.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
MK11 DLC Idea.

Sweet Tooth on the PS4 version
Fullgore on the Xbox One version
Bayonetta on the Switch version (Kamiya tweeted about wanting it so it could happen!)
Pretty sure Boon said that, after Kratos, they weren't going to do console exclusive characters anymore.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But really an Killer Instinct character would fit for Mortal Kombat.

Better yet there should be an Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct game, only downside is that being XBox exclusive.

Even then I've been since warming up to the idea of Mortal Kombat vs. Injustice given its clear the actual comics shows DC can be quite brutal and if the Harley Quinn web show is anything to go by.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Name suggestions for Lucas Amiibo? Right now I have him named ‘Lego Man’ because he reminds me of a lego man

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Old post but
I’d say remove Marth, Simon, Richter, and maybe some others in there. I only included people who’s direct children we’ve seen. Of course, Marth has to be a father, but we don’t know his son. That’s just my opinion anyway.
If we don't know his son but he still has a son, that still makes him a father, a definitive fact.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ordered Godzilla: King of the Monsters. I haven't actually seen it but the 4K version new with slipcover and all was $17 saw I thought, what the hell?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pretty sure Boon said that, after Kratos, they weren't going to do console exclusive characters anymore.
And I will still say that that is dumb. That basically means they can't have guest characters from Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo ever. Which is a tragedy when there are plenty from each company (except Nintendo) which would work so well!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I saw a thing going around Twitter where people would go around getting requests for six characters to draw, so if anyone has any requests, lemme know. Could be good art practice.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
And I will still say that that is dumb. That basically means they can't have guest characters from Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo ever. Which is a tragedy when there are plenty from each company (except Nintendo) which would work so well!
And then the moment one of them refuses to cooperate or negotiate on one of their characters is the moment one of the consoles is left without a guest character.

It's the reason there wasn't a guest character in MK9 for 360. Plus, apparently working with Sony to get Kratos the way they wanted it was an incredible headache. Really messed with Boon's perception of licensing.

This is all coming from the guy who would've murdered to have Cole MacGrath in Injustice 1.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And then the moment one of them refuses to cooperate or negotiate on one of their characters is the moment one of the consoles is left without a guest character.

It's the reason there wasn't a guest character in MK9 for 360.
I mean yeah, that sucks. But I don't think completely barring characters from THREE different major game studios is the right solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom