• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also realising that kawakami is no longer mandatory in p5r to make proper use of your time since post-palace activities are just a thing that exist now

it's the little things

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Mornin. What’s up, docs?
Trying to do college work and really hate it. Like really hate it.

Having to do a report on Art and Design even though it is an IT course.

And getting annoyed at YouTube. Can't they go a week without ****ing up their UI?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just noticed something. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure Mario is the only series in Smash that has items as spirits.
Kirby has the Star Rod. Can't think of any others off the top of my head. The Mario series certainly has a lot, though.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Just saying there Wademan94 Wademan94 but man I love your profile pic. A perfect blend of Futaba and Madeleine.

Currently writing a report on early web design and art. Boring as hell.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So just found out about how you must pass the first boss of Nier in order to properly save otherwise you start from the beginning again and without being able to go through the cutscenes.

What kind of bull**** is that? What was the director thinking?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So just found out about how you must pass the first boss of Nier in order to properly save otherwise you start from the beginning again and without being able to go through the cutscenes.

What kind of bull**** is that? What was the director thinking?
Or you can die and get ending W, your call. If that of all things pissed you off from Yoko Taro then oh dear lord you're underprepared for his bat**** insanity

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or you can die and get ending W, your call. If that of all things pissed you off from Yoko Taro then oh dear lord you're underprepared for his bat**** insanity
Like I'm all up for hard and challenging games but that's just ridiculous why not have your data saved or have an save point before?

Guess I'll resort to easy mode then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, nothing in Automata (so far from what I've seen) rises to the bull**** of no checkpoints in a thirty minute tutorial. It's a legitimate issue that can easily turn people away from the game, doubly so if they've never played the genre before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And already I was hooked onto the game. No wonder its considered one of the best games this decade.

It made me want 2B even more for Smash.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well, with throwing up yesterday at 6am and having the runs all morning and being exhausted all day, I can safely say that today is going way better so far.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, with throwing up yesterday at 6am and having the runs all morning and being exhausted all day, I can safely say that today is going way better so far.
Aw man dude I hope you'll get better.

Hoping you didn't catch coronavirus granted diarrhea and vomiting isn't one of the symptoms from what I recall being an respiratory virus (Which is more the reason why people hoarding toilet paper is absurd).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One week into quarantine and I'm already running out of books.

Do you count Super Smash Bros ones?
I suppose. Not really.
-Fairy Bottle :ultlink:
-Cucco :ultyounglink:
-Warp Star :ultkirby:
-Dragoon :ultkingdedede:
-Mr. Saturn:ultness:
-Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom :ultlucas:
-Daybreak:ultpit:
-Boss Galaga :ultpacman:
-Unira
Thank you for reminding me. They exist, they’re just not super common. Kind of limited to the useable items in game. Aside from Mario that is.

Dutch Raikuna

And already I was hooked onto the game. No wonder its considered one of the best games this decade.

It made me want 2B even more for Smash.
**** it man, I'll explain to you why Nier Automata is one of the best games of this gen and you know what? I'd say it's Square Enix's best game in since the PS2 era. And this is coming from someone who loves The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy XV.

One of the best soundtracks created.

Great cast of characters.

Destroys the fourth wall like it was nothing and has things that are pretty ****ed up in the game, yet somehow manages to keep the game flowing.

Yoko Taro is a gift from the Gods to share his bat**** insanity of ideas with mankind. If Square was smart, he'd be Director for Final Fantasy XVI. And admittedly I'm cautious about the FFVII Remake because the guy who messed up the series is co-directing. Also the guy wears a mask and does stupid stuff like cause why the hell not.

Story that touches on pretty serious stuff like government, humanity, life and death.

Akihiko Yoshida's artwork on the game is amazing and I have it hanging up on my wall.

Gameplay that messes up genres on a dime and yet works. Oh and the lead designer on the game became the director of Astral Chain.

Need I say more?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** it man, I'll explain to you why Nier Automata is one of the best games of this gen and you know what? I'd say it's Square Enix's best game in since the PS2 era. And this is coming from someone who loves The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy XV.

One of the best soundtracks created.

Great cast of characters.

Destroys the fourth wall like it was nothing and has things that are pretty ****ed up in the game, yet somehow manages to keep the game flowing.

Yoko Taro is a gift from the Gods to share his bat**** insanity of ideas with mankind. If Square was smart, he'd be Director for Final Fantasy XVI. And admittedly I'm cautious about the FFVII Remake because the guy who messed up the series is co-directing. Also the guy wears a mask and does stupid stuff like cause why the hell not.

Story that touches on pretty serious stuff like government, humanity, life and death.

Akihiko Yoshida's artwork on the game is amazing and I have it hanging up on my wall.

Gameplay that messes up genres on a dime and yet works. Oh and the lead designer on the game became the director of Astral Chain.

Need I say more?
And the only one main gripe is the beginning with no saving point. Next time I play the game I'm doing easy mode.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I was playing Smash Ult with my luttle sister yesterday, and she called Rodin (the assist trophy) Samuel L. Jackson.

And you know what?

I want Samuel L. Jackson to play a live action Rodin now.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Official dad list: :ultbowser::ultcorrin::ulthero::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultchrom::ultken::ultrobin::ultsimon::ultrichter::ulttoonlink:

Speculatory dad list: :ultike::ultyounglink::ultyoshi:

boogie woogie woogie
Old post but
I’d say remove Marth, Simon, Richter, and maybe some others in there. I only included people who’s direct children we’ve seen. Of course, Marth has to be a father, but we don’t know his son. That’s just my opinion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom