• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Baby Rosalina is irksome. Like I can believe Baby Mario is what Mario looked like as a baby and all the other babies... but Rosalina didn't start off as a star goddess. Her literal backstory is that she was a normal girl who lost her parents and met Lumas later down the road.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Baby Rosalina is irksome. Like I can believe Baby Mario is what Mario looked like as a baby and all the other babies... but Rosalina didn't start off as a star goddess. Her literal backstory is that she was a normal girl who lost her parents and met Lumas later down the road.
Maybe it could be kind of said that she's actually using some sort of magic to turn herself into that "baby form", making her look closer to her older self, I dunno. But I still wish we could see a 3D version of her actual child appearance from her story book.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Baby Rosalina was kind of the nail in the coffin for Rosalina's character arc. Notice how Rosalina used to be a very strong and mysterious type of character, but over the years she just slowly started to become more and more like Peach. First noticed this is in 3D World, and then her character just kept going downhill in every game. And then Baby Rosalina happened and just practically retconned her story.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, I think Baby Rosalina might actually be the worst Mario Kart character. I know people give Pink Gold Peach ****, but I can believe that she's actually Peach with some sort of metal power up. Baby Rosalina? I got nothing for that one. She literally looks nothing like what Rosalina looked like as a child. That's a very weird situation. You'd think that someone would have stepped in gave her a design that at least resembled young Rosalina from the storybook.

D

Deleted member

Baby Rosalina was kind of the nail in the coffin for Rosalina's character arc. Notice how Rosalina used to be a very strong and mysterious type of character, but over the years she just slowly started to become more and more like Peach. First noticed this is in 3D World, and then her character just kept going downhill in every game. And then Baby Rosalina happened and just practically retconned her story.
Rosa in 3D World is a cool edition, if completely difficult to obtain and shouldn't have been unlockable. I think more characters in the main Mario platformers is a good thing, like Mario 64 DS as an example.

Just... Baby Rosalina...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Now that I think about it, I think Baby Rosalina might actually be the worst Mario Kart character. I know people give Pink Gold Peach ****, but I can believe that she's actually Peach with some sort of metal power up. Baby Rosalina? I got nothing for that one. She literally looks nothing like what Rosalina looked like as a child. That's a very weird situation. You'd think that someone would have stepped in gave her a design that at least resembled young Rosalina from the storybook.
I feel like if they had given her a model that resembled her actual child appearance, with correct proportions and all, I feel she would stand out a lot more from the hoard of babies. I mean, it would be rather cute seeing them around her like if she was their babysitter or something.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Nothing is sacred for Nintendo.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It’s official: E3 2020 is cancelled

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Well. That's that I suppose.

I'm assuming there will be live streams and such.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Bloody hell these past few days and more have been really a string of bad news it seems.

For me:
E3 2020 Cancelled (although I consider TGA as the bigger event now)
Re Zero Season 2 delayed
No Time To Die delayed
And a few personal things.

On the bright side the Konosuba movie is coming to Crunchyroll and the Nintendo Direct soon rumour so there's that I guess.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Rosa in 3D World is a cool edition, if completely difficult to obtain and shouldn't have been unlockable. I think more characters in the main Mario platformers is a good thing, like Mario 64 DS as an example.

Just... Baby Rosalina...
Yeah, I didnt mind her in 3D World either. That's just the game where I noticed that she could easily start to feel more like Peach, and that's kind of what started happening subsequently.
And let me not bring up the fact that at the time, I was very salty that Rosalina made it into 3D World and not Daisy.
I feel like if they had given her a model that resembled her actual child appearance, with correct proportions and all, I feel she would stand out a lot more from the hoard of babies. I mean, it would be rather cute seeing them around her like if she was their babysitter or something.
Yup! But Nintendo decided that making more or less of a Baby Peach vertex edit was the easier idea, instead of staying true to source material. Hell, if you look at **shudders** Dr. Baby Rosalina's render in Dr. Mario World, you'll see that she uses the exact same pose as a Baby Peach render from 2008. That's disgustingly lazy.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
...Does e3 cancelled mean the e3 direct is cancelled too? That's literally the only part of e3 I pay attention to honestly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I already miss E3 2020...went away like Thanos got to it

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm pretty sure now she could use her double jump from Mario Run. If they port 3D World to the switch, we just may see that happen. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.
well she got into Smash, so at this point anything is possible for Daisy

EC8D7F2F-E0AC-4DE8-B94A-00DF8DC4B379.gif

Dutch Raikuna

Coronavirus has really, really thrown the world in a funk.

Just watching the Joe Rogan talk with a doctor about the virus and yeah it's a little scarier than I thought. Ovr 450 cases in the UK now.
E3 Cancelled........ it's a little hard to believe.

D

Deleted member

...Does e3 cancelled mean the e3 direct is cancelled too? That's literally the only part of e3 I pay attention to honestly.
Why would it be cancelled? Directs are not a public press conference where people publicly gather. Nintendo marketing in the summer where kids are out of school is literally the best thing they can do.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As much as it ****ing sucks to say it, considering how much work Japan and its partners put into it, the Olympics are probably next. Which means Super Nintendo Land's grand opening isn't going to be as grand as it deserves.

Dutch Raikuna

As much as it ****ing sucks to say it, considering how much work Japan and its partners put into it, the Olympics are probably next. Which means Super Nintendo Land's grand opening isn't going to be as grand as it deserves.
I just hope with all these delays, cancellations and all that it's not an omen for something more frightening than the Coronavirus in the long run. Paranoid brain speaking.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im starting to hate Rosalinas gut now tbh

D

Deleted member

Was just on reddit looking up the wooloo subreddit, and guess what was one of the search results?

****ing wooloo p-word. Thank god I have "censor NSFW" on on reddit, otherwise...hoo boy I would have alot of explaining to do to our principal

And no, before you ask, I LITERALLY ONLY SEARCHED THE WORDS r/wooloo, and nothing else. :(

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not to be the DOOM AND GLOOM guy but... big plagues and sicknesses usually happen every hundred years or so. 1820, 1920, now 2020. It just seems to be a thing that happens. History always repeats itself and it's just a shame we didn't see this coming.

Granted. This virus is man made... which may be worse.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Why would it be cancelled? Directs are not a public press conference where people publicly gather. Nintendo marketing in the summer where kids are out of school is literally the best thing they can do.
Yeah I suppose you're right, I was just concerned since it's a part of e3 and all so I didn't know.

D

Deleted member

This is literally just Resident Evil but without zombies and nuking cities.

basically yeah. Shes is everywhere is the mist bland mario character ever and yet still has fans. She even sounds boring in her star KO in smash
I never gravitated toward Rosalina. I thought she looked cool in Galaxy, but her story books are just there and we rarely see much of a personality in her.

Would have loved to see her be a wandering musician in Odyssey. It would have given her the charm I needed to like her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Hadn't Geoff announced that he wasn't going to E3 anyway?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I suppose you're right, I was just concerned since it's a part of e3 and all so I didn't know.
It's technically completely separate. Like they're not directly scheduling panels with E3 at all afaik. If anything, this is Nintendo's time to dominate summer gaming by having their direct being one of the big focuses for advertising.

Dutch Raikuna

Not to be the DOOM AND GLOOM guy but... big plagues and sicknesses usually happen every hundred years or so. 1820, 1920, now 2020. It just seems to be a thing that happens. History always repeats itself and it's just a shame we didn't see this coming.

Now thinking about it I wonder about the Political Ramifications of it all if it does get far worse. I remember people talking about the 1930's a few years back.
This is worrying.

This is literally just Resident Evil but without zombies and nuking cities.
I wouldn't say Resident Evil more the The Last of Us without the cordyceps.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Whilst disappointed that the event is cancelled but yet understandable due to the coronavirus concerns. Either ways I do expect Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to have their own livestreams in its place.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m not really sure; his name is Jeff Grubb. The way Derrick talks about him makes him sound like a credible dude, but Jeff is also not 100% sure, yet seems confident; it was all based on things he’s heard and whatever. Derrick seemed to feel we were most-definitely getting something before the end of March, though, due to it being the end of the fiscal year and Nintendo needing to give their investors something new to feast on.
Gamexplain usually won’t cover anything unless they have a good idea that it’s legit( see grinch leak where they refused to acknowledge it)

Dutch Raikuna

Isn't Resident Evil the result of man-made viruses ****ing **** up and isn't TLoU a natural virus that came out of nowhere?
The Coronavirus is said be from animals like bats if I recall. That's why I was thinking more the latter.

Plus nuking cities didn't happen in TLoU I think.

D

Deleted member

The Coronavirus is said be from animals like bats if I recall. That's why I was thinking more the latter.

Plus nuking cities didn't happen in TLoU I think.
Lol. I was definitely referring to RE3 when I said nuking cities.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

im curious as to what the UN will say/do with China when this is all over for all the damage caused.

Dutch Raikuna

Lol. I was definitely referring to RE3 when I said nuking cities.
Ah my mistake. My RE lore knowledge is rusty.
Either way it's definitely not the end of this. Not by a long shot.

im curious as to what the UN will say/do with China when this is all over for all the damage caused.
Probably nothing considering it's one of the Permanent Security Council members with a veto.
What I'm worried about it how the virus is going to affect global politics depending on how worse the pandemic gets. Could the ramifications lead to a new war in a part of the world or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom