• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah. That’s the problem with anxiety.

Let’s hope that these cancelations and closers don’t last too much longer into the future.

I don’t want to die. There are still so many future entertainment products I want to see and play. I haven’t had my first date, I never got married, I never had kids, I never got my surgery!
You're not going to die because of this. If you're under 50, and not an infant, coronavirus has a cure rate of 99.7%. But you're not even going to get it.

Every few years there's a some sort of outbreak and the accompanying alarmism and media circus to go with it, and none have been even close to being "end of days". This too shall pass. In China, it's ostensibly already past its peak contagion, the fewest new daily cases having been reported since tracking began.

I hope you’re right. LGBT people can’t survive in Farmpocalypse.
I have no idea what you're on about. Sounds quite a bit like you're falling back on stereotypes here. One of my best friends, who is gay, was raised on a farm and she turned out fine. Actually another one of my friends was as well. One of my friends, who is gay, runs an apiary with his family in a rural area further inland in the province, which is damn close to a having a farm.

These people are infinitely more handy to have around than a huge amount of straight people I know.

It's not always doom and gloom and persecution. You don't need to fly to extremes (and outdated cliches?) over every last thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're not going to die because of this. If you're under 50, and not an infant, coronavirus has a cure rate of 99.7%. But you're not even going to get it.

Every few years there's a some sort of outbreak and the accompanying alarmism and media circus to go with it, and none have been even close to being "end of days". This too shall pass. In China, it's ostensibly already past its peak contagion, the fewest new daily cases having been reported since tracking began.

I have no idea what you're on about. Sounds quite a bit like you're falling back on stereotypes here. One of my best friends, who is gay, was raised on a farm and she turned out fine. Actually another one of my friends was as well. One of my friends, who is gay, runs an apiary with his family in a rural area further inland in the province, which is damn close to a having a farm.

These people are infinitely more handy to have around than a huge amount of straight people I know.

It's not always doom and gloom and persecution. You don't need to fly to extremes (and outdated cliches?) over every last thing.
Tell that to my anxiety and dysphoria.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’m seeing a therapist and I’m on 5 different meds. I’m doing all I can without turning to substances.
If every other news story is gonna get you flying off the handle and going on about death or persecution you should divorce yourself from that kind of stuff as much as possible until you have a better grip of your situation.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Let's not forget why the toll in China is so much higher than everybody else:
*The population is 11x that of the USA
*It's one of the most polluted countries in the world, which doesn't do any favors for the respiratory systems of the people
*Mediocre healthcare that's unavailable to most of the populace

Believe me, my anxiety flares up about this whole pandemic every so often too, but I'm smart enough to acknowledge that at the end of the day, it's just another kind of cold named after a fancy crown. You might catch it and go through the entire thing without even noticing it was in your body. Even if you're a senior, so long as you keep living healthily (easy on the booze & drugs, lay off the ciggies entirely). Everything is gonna be okay.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Mostly Godzilla and animated films notably the Disney classics long before I began turning into an media buff. Godzilla films I was especially always so fixated on.

But yes plenty of action 90s films I've been missing out on and ought to catch up to. There's plenty not counting just Keanu Reeves films I've missed out on that I wish I watched when younger. I'm even shocked at myself.
Goooootcha, dude gotch just PLEASE tell me you've seen the Mad Max movies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm reading anxiety this and anxiety that, and I'm starting to think you're just using it as an excuse to vent random trash instead of owning up to being wrong.

I don't wanna make light of your mental situation, but N3ON's right. If you wanna get a better outlook, you gotta start by taking a step back and actually getting the facts first.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Nope. Never have and will. Doggie dies. :(
You must despise John Carpenter with phrasing like that.
I’m seeing a therapist and I’m on 5 different meds. I’m doing all I can without turning to substances.
Y'know, considering the Byleth episode two months back and now this, I'm starting to see a few parallels between you and I. Namely, we both become extremely anxious whenever something big is going on in the world, no matter how small or how large. However, I've managed to learn how get control of myself, get myself grounded back into the reality of the situations at hand, and move along, minding my own business. I'm fairly certain you can do this as well. It's nothing more than a fancy cold, it'll pass through like nothing. If you still feel antsy at all, seek out any friends or family, they're bound to offer some reassurance whenever you're feeling antsy. As for managing yourself, I feel the below quote should explain itself;

Cartoons are the best, eh?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not very practical advice. But okay.
I'm not the one perpetually at wit's end. But when I have been, I at least try any measure that could alleviate my situation instead of criticizing advice people give me as if they've never dealt nor overcome anxiety of their own.

But it's your life and your prerogative and the only dog I have in this race is to try to mitigate unnecessary alarmism.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario is someone who definitely deserved a whole day dedicated to him

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nope. Never have and will. Doggie dies. :(

First John Wick I'll make an exception due to how much I want to all three films and even then I'm skipping the first 10 minutes.
Dude, you have to watch the Mad Max movies. They're literally the pinnacle of action movies and Road Warrior in particular blazed the trail for the post-apocalyptia that is represented in games like Fallout, Rage, Borderlands, and so much more, and that's just in games it inspired and is looked at as the godfather of nearly any post apocalyptic move or universe that's come since. Hell you can even find inspirations inside of Marvel, DC, and even novelization like the Hunger Games.

If you must skip over the one "where the doggie dies", then at LEAST watch Fury Road. Which is literally the best action movie in the past 20 years.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was pretty much in the mood for another Keanu Reeves movie and decided to watch Constantine.

I don't understand the flack...That was a damn good movie.
I think most people agree that it was a decent movie, just not a good Constantine movie. It got some parts well but felt like a different urban fantasy than Hellblazer.

Doesn't help that they made John American and ignored his bisexuality.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Dude, you have to watch the Mad Max movies. They're literally the pinnacle of action movies and Road Warrior in particular blazed the trail for the post-apocalyptia that is represented in games like Fallout, Rage, Borderlands, and so much more, and that's just in games it inspired and is looked at as the godfather of nearly any post apocalyptic move or universe that's come since. Hell you can even find inspirations inside of Marvel, DC, and even novelization like the Hunger Games.

If you must skip over the one "where the doggie dies", then at LEAST watch Fury Road. Which is literally the best action movie in the past 20 years.
I haven't watched the Mad Max series, but I'll cite an incredible thing that was inspired by it; Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled's Rustland Grand Prix. It practically bled Mad Max, from the vehicles, to the new costumes, to Megamix Mania as a whole... I may not have watched it since I don't like action movies, but since it gave us the best update to one of my favorite games of 2019, it immediately has my respect.

Shroob

Sup?
The duality of man.

Humans die? Aw yeah gun 'em down pew pew action BOOM Haha explosions!

Dog dies? Oh no I can't it's too sad :crying:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The duality of man.

There is a presumed innocence from dogs, as opposed to humans where people just write off their deaths in films as them having it coming somehow. Has anybody ever considered that maybe John Wick's dog was racist? No? Thought so.

D

Deleted member

The duality of man.

Y'all never watched Jojo if you think dog deaths are sad at this point.

Shroob

Sup?
There is a presumed innocence from dogs, as opposed to humans where people just write off their deaths in films as them having it coming somehow. Has anybody ever considered that maybe John Wick's dog was racist? No? Thought so.
Oh christ I don't even want to think about if my dog is wrongthink or not

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Y'all never watched Jojo if you think dog deaths are sad at this point.
Are you joking? JoJo is perfect for people who love dogs. Once you start watching, it practically traps you in with how heated it gets.

D

Deleted member

Are you joking? JoJo is perfect for people who love dogs. Once you start watching, it practically traps you in with how heated it gets.
Yeah. Jojo just sucks you in like a black hole. I love it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If the rumors are true, then it sucks E3 might be cancelled this year. But better safe than sorry at this point.

The duality of man.

Never did get that with movies, either way it's fake violence. Granted for real life situations, I have the most sympathy for kids than I do adults or even animals.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
THEY ****IN SHADOWDROPPED THIS **** ON A SERVICE THAT'S ENTIRELY FREE. GET ****ING CULTURED YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SPEND A SINGLE PENNY FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Either way, I really want to push forward and get even better at drawing, but part of me feels like I've hit a snag towards my progress again. That happens every once in a while. But maybe I'm just a little rusty. I need to brush up on my anatomy a bit more I think, but we'll see.

I was doing more Graphic design based stuff recently, so we'll see how that turns out. I think I at least improved from that side of things.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Either way, I really want to push forward and get even better at drawing, but part of me feels like I've hit a snag towards my progress again. That happens every once in a while. But maybe I'm just a little rusty. I need to brush up on my anatomy a bit more I think, but we'll see.

I was doing more Graphic design based stuff recently, so we'll see how that turns out. I think I at least improved from that side of things.
I've been sketching characters and such for almost 7 years, and I still have trouble with stuff like anatomy. You're not alone, mein freund. All it takes is time, patience, and study. You've got nothing to lose!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been sketching characters and such for almost 7 years, and I still have trouble with stuff like anatomy. You're not alone, mein freund. All it takes is time, patience, and study. You've got nothing to lose!
Doing life drawings I've gotten used to. I just want to get better at drawing like that for comic-booky stuff and poses.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hey. I don't know about other people, but if we had to resort to being farmers I think I'd rock a cowgirl/lumberjack look.

Plaid and leather for days. Also high boots.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lmao Detective Baby Rosalina. Oof.

Unironically like how awful these inclusions to Mario Kart Tour are. It's almost like a running gag/meme.

But where the hell are Kamek and E. Gadd

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Lmao Detective Baby Rosalina. Oof.

Unironically like how awful these inclusions to Mario Kart Tour are. It's almost like a running gag/meme.

But where the hell are Kamek and E. Gadd
I want to see Poochy and Shake King in Mario Kart. (Poochy would be medium with Shake King being cruiser class.)
And yep, these clones are starting to get ridiculous and taking over the roster itself. (So much wasted slots for other potential new drivers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom