• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
PSASBR2 or an at least an reboot with an actual roster needs War of the Monsters representation (Kineticlops as an fighter or stage), Until Dawn (As an stage with wendigos being an hazard), Dad Kratos w/ Atreus, Aloy and Raven.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to start playing Persona 4. Hopefully we get a Direct before I finish it, because if Persona 5 was any indication, this will take me 100+ hours (and likely several weeks if not months) to beat.

Thanks to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, I've been spoiled on a major villain in the game, if not the main one, but I think that's all I know aside from the first four or five party members, so it will be nice to go in mostly blind.
One thing I've been told by Persona fans is to play the game on the Vita version.

It has more content apparently

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to start playing Persona 4. Hopefully, we get a Direct before I finish it, because if Persona 5 was any indication, this will take me 100+ hours (and likely several weeks if not months) to beat.

Thanks to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, I've been spoiled on a major villain in the game, if not the main one, but I think that's all I know aside from the first four or five party members, so it will be nice to go in mostly blind.
If there's not a direct tomorrow for MAR10 day, we're not getting one for a long while. You'll have time to finish it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
PSASBR2 or an at least an reboot with an actual roster needs War of the Monsters representation (Kineticlops as an fighter or stage), Until Dawn (As an stage with wendigos being an hazard), Dad Kratos w/ Atreus, Aloy and Raven.
I agree. War of the Monsters would be a great surprise invasion. I had a concept for a rotating Lake of Nine stage a la Spiral Mountain, which lets in various monsters from the realms in the game, and then the invasion happens when it opens a gateway to War of Monsters and some monsters come out and attack the stage, and you can see some of the Norse gods fighting other Monsters in the background.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If there's not a direct tomorrow for MAR10 day, we're not getting one for a long while. You'll have time to finish it.
There's still next week.

If nothing then we're probably waiting until E3. April will just be too soon given how close it'd be to an direct and the amiibos are just restocks.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing I've been told by Persona fans is to play the game on the Vita version.

It has more content apparently
I've heard that, but I don't have a Vita, and the PS3 only has the original. I'm sure it will be fine, though - the game's likely great with or without the extra content.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I agree. War of the Monsters would be a great surprise invasion. I had a concept for a rotating Lake of Nine stage a la Spiral Mountain, which lets in various monsters from the realms in the game, and then the invasion happens when it opens a gateway to War of Monsters and some monsters come out and attack the stage, and you can see some of the Norse gods fighting other Monsters in the background.
That'd definitely be my favorite stage for sure. Only thing is for that to happen we'd probably have to wait for Dad of War 2 since I expect it'll probably show more of the Norse Gods in the flesh aside from Baldur, Freya, Thor's sons Magni and Modi and Thor himself (Who only appeared at the end).

Then again instead you could even have one of the WotM monsters fighting Jormungandr. Now that'd be wicked to make up for that so we wouldn't have to wait then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've heard that, but I don't have a Vita, and the PS3 only has the original. I'm sure it will be fine, though - the game's likely great with or without the extra content.
Someone at a server did give me a rom to emulate the PS2 version of the game (since I couldn't find a place to buy the game anywhere).

Hopefully I end up enjoying the game a lot too when I get to try It.

D

Deleted member

The character I had in mind looks ugly as **** so close to finishing(doesn't help it's a female and I've never designed females before) so **** that I'm gonna design something else for the time being.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
All-Out Attacks are nowhere near as impressive in Persona 4 as they are in Persona 5. Still, I've entered my first Palace (castle? Dungeon?), so we'll see how this goes! (I had started the game a while back, and played long enough to get Yosuke's Persona, but now I'm going to focus on it)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So word is on the street there'll be an Sega Direct in April.
It's not really a "word on the street" situation, the Sonic Twitter said they would be finding a way to announce in April the things they had planned to announce at their panel for SXSW this month since the event was cancelled.

Right now I'm more interested in finding out if they're going to shuffle the news they had for next month to this month or if they'll skip a month.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So the Sonic movie made me think of this, imagine a live action Mega Man movie where human characters like Wily and Light are live action but the robot characters like Mega Man, Roll and the 6 DLN Robot Masters are CGI and done with game accurate proportions and overall design while still having realistic elements like Detective Pikachu or Sonic. I know by that point it might as well be fully animated, but I do wonder if MM movie would work from that angle regardless...
Anyone wanna humor me on this?

D

Deleted member

So the Sonic movie made me think of this, imagine a live action Mega Man movie where human characters like Wily and Light are live action but the robot characters like Mega Man, Roll and the 6 DLN Robot Masters are CGI and done with game accurate proportions and overall design while still having realistic elements like Detective Pikachu or Sonic. I know by that point it might as well be fully animated, but I do wonder if MM movie would work from that angle regardless...
The idea sounds really cool.

And I even believe this concept could work really well for a potential Astro Boy movie.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Just in case anyone was wondering I've gotten to the latter half of Generation 3, this is an extreme task considering I'm on a ****ty chromebook.
currently the top mons in S+ tier are as follows.
Meowth, Poliwhirl, Slowpoke, Alolan Exeggutor, Galarian Weezing, Mewtwo, Mew, Wooper, Dunsparce, Tyranitar, and Sableye.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not super happy with how this turned out, but at least it doesn't look like...whatever the **** my other character I was working on looked like(it looked like something you would see in hell, no joke. Ironic considering what it's supposed to be.) But I digress.
sketch1583776795493.jpg

Oh yeah, don't mind the massive amount of weapons he has, he totally isn't a shady person or anything...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
All-Out Attacks are nowhere near as impressive in Persona 4 as they are in Persona 5. Still, I've entered my first Palace (castle? Dungeon?), so we'll see how this goes! (I had started the game a while back, and played long enough to get Yosuke's Persona, but now I'm going to focus on it)
I guess you can just call them Dungeons

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I was feeling sad so I decided to take a nap and accidentally slept almost two hours
I feel dead send help

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So my best friend wasn't in class, Re Zero Season 2 got delayed and my chances of getting kicked off my college course just increased last minute. Even though the tutor knows I'm allowed to do some work over summer thats not allowed anymore.
So I have to try and do half a unit in one night.
I'm feeling pretty **** and almost in despair right now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Persona 4 seems harder than Persona 5 - there don't seem to be any save points or safe rooms in the middle of dungeons, and getting a game over (which can be as simple as the main protagonist dying, even if the other characters are healthy) kicks you back to the title screen. (the whole "game over if the protagonist dies" thing was in Persona 5 as well, but it wasn't as bad since there were many more opportunities to save)

Enjoying it so far, though I feel like it's going to be tough, especially since without safe rooms, there doesn't seem to be a way to fast travel through a dungeon. I think, next time I try it, I'll get as far as I can to level up my party, exit, and stock up on better equipment and SP-restoring items.

D

Deleted member

Ok, these were some surprising news to come:

Watch as someone here goes to start a flame war at the thread just because they dislike Worms and want to shove their hate on our faces

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Added Sun Sweeper Leafeon to my Battle Ready Box.

Leafeon@Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dig
- X-Scissor

She's meh, really. Flareon is next.

All of my Eeveelutions will be in Love Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom