• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just played Smash not a long time ago after I quit it for a while in months and I gotten used to it again.

Let me just say that am I the only one who loves playing Hero? Like I lost my skill as Dark Samus sort of due to this while also because I’ve been playing a lot of characters in Elite Smash.

Hero is just fun for me, his fair/bair are satisfying to pull off, side B is a great spacing/defensive tool, his upair is fun to do and his playstyle as a punishing zoner (With the magic and slow but hard normals from his smash attacks and aerials) are great.

He’s probably gonna be my main as of now, by I wouldn’t go too far.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Byleth is hella fun.

Not entirely sold on the viability of their neutral special (especially the fully charged version) or every move attached to Amyr, but I'm finding a lot to love about side-B's range and how ridiculous their U-air is.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I remember on my 2nd ever match against a Byleth, she was going to use charged neutral b to damage me, but I then used Bounce and literally walk right in her face while she was charging. She had no choice but to take the stock while I stand still.

Happened for like 2-3 times so far.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Heyo there, fellow Byleth player.

You might need to check out this post on Reddit, since it might help Byleth alot mobility & mindgame wise.

If you want a short version, you can basically cancel neutral B into anything, so long as you hold then release shield during the first 4 frames of the moves, which might not sound alot, but considering how slow Neutral B is and how slow Byleth, it could help much more than one migh think, as shown in this video of Dark Samus player doing just what I described.

If you need more info, feel free to check this video too.

Hope it help.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai was apologizing again for selling the second pass without it’s contents being known. Kinda of surprised we didn’t see the first character at the very least then if that’s his philosophy. I guess Nintendo is in charge of reveals though

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So why is Ultimate the only Smash game in the series that has loading times for displaying the character's alt colors on the character select screen?

D

Deleted member

So why is Ultimate the only Smash game in the series that has loading times for displaying the character's alt colors on the character select screen?
More likely than not, it's the sheer amount of them.

Let's assume each skin takes up a single MB(which is underestimating a ton, but helps the math a bit and most of the costumes are color variations anyway)

Now, each fighter has 8 costumes. And we have 75 fighters( with 6 more to come, bumping the number up to 81, which I will ignore for the possibility of characters coming with more or less than 8 costumes in the future)

Now, we times 8 x 75=and that's 600 MB. Pretty small, right? Wrong. You have to remember that each of these models are 3d, meaning that they need a render for each to be loaded. So, that's approximately 600 different(again, mostly palette swaped) renders that need to be loaded EACH time you boot up the character selection screen. And that's where the loading times come from.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai was apologizing again for selling the second pass without it’s contents being known. Kinda of surprised we didn’t see the first character at the very least then if that’s his philosophy. I guess Nintendo is in charge of reveals though
I’m telling you, we’re due for Nintendo’s Quarter 1 direct and day now.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I am honestly amazed at how much mileage you can get out of the Rabbid Head:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is the actual worst thing to happen to Smash, and I love it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So I brought my dog home, and she's a sweetheart.

But apparently smashboards mobile wont let me upload pics because "muh file too big"

:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

So I brought my dog home, and she's a sweetheart.

But apparently smashboards mobile wont let me upload pics because "muh file too big"

:rolleyes:
I've found that trimming the images reduces the size enough to make it work, and my phone supports that natively.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I dunno, but I still am having trouble using Byleth. Maybe this character just isn't for me? When Hero first released, he clicked with me so well that he not only was one of the most fun characters I'd ever used, but also single-handedly got me into the Dragon Quest series.

So yeah, I may not try to main Byleth or anything, but I'll still practice her on the side. I see potential in this character, so I hope I can get some usage with her.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ve waited so long, but now...
A4C378C7-53A6-4397-BAB1-1D283DE4E2C9.jpeg

HE IS HERE
I am honestly amazed at how much mileage you can get out of the Rabbid Head:

-snip-

This is the actual worst thing to happen to Smash, and I love it.
Everytime someone spells Cuphead with a space, I lose another brain cell.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, I have a question. How many of you are okay with how the roster order is as of now and how many of you wished for the option to change it up? I saw this one tweet about it and couldn't help but ask.

I'm personally alright with it, mainly because it shows where every character made their debut in the series (aside from Echo Fighters) and not every roster necessarily needs to have a perfect order of fighters.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So, I have a question. How many of you are okay with how the roster order is as of now and how many of you wished for the option to change it up? I saw this one tweet about it and couldn't help but ask.

I'm personally alright with it, mainly because it shows where every character made their debut in the series (aside from Echo Fighters) and not every roster necessarily needs to have a perfect order of fighters.
I think it's fine too. Though I would've preferred it if they were separated by franchise.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I can never remember where any character or stage is in the current order. I really wish we could set it to organize by franchise in addition to debut. The way the Wiki does it. Like, I don’t want to take away the current method, I just want the option to change it.

Slime Master

Smash Ace

I'm not a fan of the ordering. If you're new to the series there's no rhyme or reason to it, so finding the character you want in a roster of 80+ can legitimately take some time.
E: ordering by franchise would probably make the most sense.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
More likely than not, it's the sheer amount of them.

Let's assume each skin takes up a single MB(which is underestimating a ton, but helps the math a bit and most of the costumes are color variations anyway)

Now, each fighter has 8 costumes. And we have 75 fighters( with 6 more to come, bumping the number up to 81, which I will ignore for the possibility of characters coming with more or less than 8 costumes in the future)

Now, we times 8 x 75=and that's 600 MB. Pretty small, right? Wrong. You have to remember that each of these models are 3d, meaning that they need a render for each to be loaded. So, that's approximately 600 different(again, mostly palette swaped) renders that need to be loaded EACH time you boot up the character selection screen. And that's where the loading times come from.
This makes sense but the thing that bothers me is that if only seems to affect the newer characters, characters from the first three smash games all load their alts instantly.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This makes sense but the thing that bothers me is that if only seems to affect the newer characters, characters from the first three smash games all load their alts instantly.
That’s because it loads them in the order they show up on the screen. Mario loads first and Byleth loads last. So the newer characters take more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom