• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I hate the stigma of people that pick their main based solely on looks

Girls can like Ridley

Guys can like Peach

Stop perpetuating gender stereotypes
I have a question. Is there a gender stereotype to maining Yoshi?

Remember that THAT was what replaced Panel de Pon in the west due to wanting to appeal to boys :yoshi:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I have a question. Is there a gender stereotype to maining Yoshi?

Remember that THAT was what replaced Panel de Pon in the west due to wanting to appeal to boys :yoshi:
The stereotype with Yoshi, Pikachu, Kirby, etc. is "cute factor". Yoshi tends to be played more frequently by women because he's seen as "less cool."

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I just play what's fun.

I like Inkling 'cause they're cute, I love Splatoon, and they're fun to play.

I like Byleth because their design is slick, their move set is fun, and I like Fire Emblem.

That's about as deep as my reasoning goes. :drshrug:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sup been gone most of the day having to get some stuff done then watched an nature documentary and Gladiator (2000).

How's things? What's currently going on?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm auditioning for a character, and according to the voice bio, it should basically sound like some 70's horror monster with old TV static effects placed over it. Luckily, my voice can go pretty deep, and I have been practicing with radio effects, so that works out.

Now if I can do a good, corny monster voice? I don't know. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and Luigi’s Mansion 3 arrived today! And my Switch microSD card arrives tomorrow. I’m gonna wait to play them till I finish the MediEvil remake.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really thinking about it Dahlia could had won had she not slowly kept revealing her true personality.

And given she said "We'll meet again" to Mia makes me think she had some association with Redd White, Mia's murderer hmmm...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I hate the stigma of people that pick their main based solely on looks

Girls can like Ridley

Guys can like Peach

Stop perpetuating gender stereotypes
For the longest time, people here thought I was a girl when my avatar was Adeleine until someone called me a girl.

Like dude.

I'm a dude.

Dude.

Shroob

Sup?
For the longest time, people here thought I was a girl when my avatar was Adeleine until someone called me a girl.

Like dude.

I'm a dude.

Dude.
Don't you know, Ralsei?

You ARE your icon.

Now lemme sheer your wool, you're shedding everywhere and it's getting in the food.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nobody has ever mistaken me for a girl, luckily. I don't see why they would honestly. I was once told I sounded like I hadn't took my antidepressants yet, though. **** that lad wasn't wrong.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is it bad for every avatar that has a girl in it I at first think the user is female until seeing on their profile they're male.

Sad I know...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know why I resorted to that response?

I had a much better response to that but I couldn't find the video.

Thinking on it, it might of been for the best, but still.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Same lol
She's a cutie, and well behaved! Never barks, very calm
But i can tell she's still nervous about her new home. It'll take a while before she follows my commands I think.
My parent's dog, Kiddy, was just like that when we first brought her home. After she adjusted to her new home though she started getting more excitable and stared barking more. We think she was just depressed at first, having been abandoned in the desert then cooped up in a shelter for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if Tara is going through something similar.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Like dude.

I'm a dude.

Dude.
You have no idea how often this happens to me. A lot of people always assumed I was a girl because I always use cute girls in my profile pictures.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I HAVE DOGGO PICTURES

Smashboards, meet Tara... the first dog I've ever owned.[/spoiler]
Awww she's so precious! ^_^

Surprised you didn't get an golden retriever though given they're your favorite.

Also props to you. Looks like an rescue from the shelter. Something more people should be doing then buying from breeders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom