• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
So the actual video was around 30 minutes, right? What else was shown?

Just for clarification as to why I don´t just watch it, my school is restrictive of search results. Algorithm and all that.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who's body is ready for another FE character? :p
Not gonna lie. I’m glad I was in class and my phone was dead after the direct. Because I was Kratos levels of angry. I was fantasizing about mutilating copies of fire emblem and shooting Byleth in the face. But thankfully that all stayed in my head. And I was only able to get back here at the tail end of the crying period.

It will probably be at least a few hours before my brain can produce the chemical again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the actual video was around 30 minutes, right? What else was shown?
38 minutes actually.

6 More dlc fighters as a new pass was announced, as well as assassin's creed mii costume, rabbids, cuphead, and two megaman ones.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I say we get one of them for sure in February if its real. If we got both though, all the salt will pretty much be gone and you know everyone will pre purchase that pass real quick.
You gotta admit, if they did something like what killer instinct did, and put a small teaser for Geno at the end of the presentation. All the salt would be gone NOW.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm no weeb so I don't care much, but I'm happy for those that wanted them and at least it's not some clone or another basic swordsmen.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god
We're gonna be able to make a Peter Griffin Mii, put it in a Rabbid hat, and give it Sans' body
Oh my god

D

Deleted member

Can someone explain to me the intro? The tempo was pretty fast. Why was the guy in the middle of being killed? Some sort of an even from the game? Why did he randomly switch genders and get a second joining? I at least understand the joke.
I saw no one replying to this so I'll go.

So first, Byleth is a professor at this war-tactics university, Garreg Mach. Recently, terrorists have been attacking the university and plan to kill the closest thing to Jesus in this game's world, the Pope. Byleth eventually encounters the leader of this organization, but falls into a trap where he becomes stuck in eternal darkness. I'd imagine it's similar to getting sucked into a black hole.

Who is Sothis? Basically, she's this dragon girl who is stuck inside Byleth's head and she has amnesia. Her gimmick is time powers, which is shockingly not in Byleth's moveset. If Byleth gets his ass kicked in battle, Sothis will rewind time. This is why Byleth shows up in her chamber/his head when he's trapped in darkness or getting beat by anime swordsmen.

To put it bluntly, this is all a straight rip of a cutscene from Three Houses until Sothis reveals the Smash letter.

Switching gender is not something you can do in Three Houses, nor does Byleth actually have access to all three legendary weapons in a single route. It's just fanservice and tongue-in-cheek callouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Anyone here like my new avatar?

Today you guys will learn a new fact about me, whether y'all want to or not: I think I am starting to fall in love with Byleth once I saw that tight pattern on her stockings. This is coming from someone who has never played a Fire Emblem game.

Could I show y'all two things before I leave?

Sayonara :kirby:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hahaha not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm open with any video game character out there; just sad it wasn't Doom Slayer or Crash, but hey, I move on from it.
Bad thing. Even if they’re first party, I want something NEW. Not something that already has representation in the game. Like Astral Chain (RIP). If I were to pick the next fighters pass.......
Geno (I know it’s not a new franchise but it’s such a big fan want)
A Tekken Character
A League of Legends Character
Someone Sakurai has been wanting to do for years like Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, or Ayumi Tachibana.
Crash Bandicoot
DoomSlayer

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know... if you think about it.... Sakurai is probably WAY more likely to sort with Western Companies for the 2nd go around considering how well the Banjo, Sans, Cuphead, and Ubisoft collaborations seam to have gone. I won’t hold my breath for too many.... but Crash and DoomSlayer....

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
what other character would have shown this much salt if byleth wasn´t announced? I´d say BWD, though probably not nearly as much.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well here's that relevant thing I promised. It's still pretty messy, but I've had this idea in my head for similar characters for a while now.
byleth_comic.png

Also, I made a mistake, and some letters are missing. Forgive me, please.

Oddball

Smash Lord
My reaction to Byleth?

meh.

just meh.

I'm not angry or upset. Maybe slightly disappointed that out of all the series they could use they pulled another Fire Emblem character but at the same time it doesn't surprise me either.
The character does look like it has a neat gimmick, so that's something in it's favor.

There were some pretty neat mii costumes announced though. Kinda weird that they'd give Cuphead a full head mask and give the rabbids a really mii hat, but whatever. I don't care much for the rabbids anyway.

And since everyone else is doing it...

:ultpiranha: 10/10 This is the kind of character I love. Well know and nobody could have predicted it. The fact that it's a pretty fun and unique character that pay a lot of tribute to it's series is a major plus. I think mainly though I just love how out of left field it was.
:ultjoker: 7/10. Didn't know the character, had no attachment to them, but they had a cool trailer, nice stage, and pretty neat visual.

:ulthero: 8/10 I don't care for the main version of the character and still think "Dragon Warrior" would have been a better name than just "hero" but I love how they worked so many different character into the one slot. Also, I love the Erdricks Armor Mii costume that came along with it.

:ultbanjokazooie: 6/10 A character I was quite aware of, but I had never played any of their games. Really I don't think the character is even that fun, but I can't deny that deserve a spot.

:ult_terry: also 10/10 I remember a lot of peopel responding with "Who?" when he got revealed, but to me, this was one of the best picks on the list. The character was legendary in the fighting community at one time and has a few pretty entertaining animes. ("Feel the storm? it's coming.") Not only is the character really fun, but they have a great stage with plenty of nice cameos... I'm tempted to knock a point off for the lack of Mai, but the trailer more than made up for her.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Well here's that relevant thing I promised. It's still pretty messy, but I've had this idea in my head for similar characters for a while now.
View attachment 258065
idunno man, people have come around to hero and terry. corrin and byleth are the ones that have had a lotta salt. So far.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
2 years for 6 characters.
this is actually gonna be ****ing stupid lol
I mean.... not really. Byleth is gonna release soon yeah, but pass 2 will likely start this spring. Around the time Joker launched. Keeping up the same pace, it would probably take until NEXT spring to finish everything.

Remember. Windows are just that. Windows. Not precise points. Byleth isn’t launching in February despite him saying that that was when they were shooting to have all 5 done.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Bad thing. Even if they’re first party, I want something NEW. Not something that already has representation in the game. Like Astral Chain (RIP). If I were to pick the next fighters pass.......
Geno (I know it’s not a new franchise but it’s such a big fan want)
A Tekken Character
A League of Legends Character
Someone Sakurai has been wanting to do for years like Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, or Ayumi Tachibana.
Crash Bandicoot
DoomSlayer
That's fine. I too like to see something new for the 2nd Fighters Pass, but let's be honest, who knows what the second pass has in store for us, whether if a character is from a franchise that's already been represented or not. So on that front I'll keep my expectations low.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean.... not really. Byleth is gonna release soon yeah, but pass 2 will likely start this spring. Around the time Joker launched. Keeping up the same pace, it would probably take until NEXT spring to finish everything.

Remember. Windows are just that. Windows. Not precise points. Byleth isn’t launching in February despite him saying that that was when they were shooting to have all 5 done.
They literally said by December 2021 and they couldn't even announce the first character for this pass

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone at my school literally just spent some of his money on a trial deck I was hoping to ask my mom to buy.
tumblr_m41jrgBcwv1rs64k3o2_250.gif

And it was a Vanguard TD too. Time to update my sig now!

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
This is just Corrin 2.0.

- New FE rep to promote new game

- Actually unique from the others

- Male/Female alts

- Fans absolutely livid that another FE character was added as DLC

Only difference is that Byleth is 100× better than Corrin in terms of character and also is more unique but I guess that doesn't matter.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 258065
When I saw Corrin in the everyone is here trailer I shouted “**** you Corrin!” in my car in the grocery store parking lot. And I never hated Terry or Hero to begin with.

Even if I stop being actively mad at Byleth, I will never like him. And I will never be happy he’s here. Just like how I hate Corrin. It’s not because he’s an anime swordsman or a literal Sho. It’s because he’s a Fire Emblem character.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Gonna be so weird going back to my Golden Deer run this evening and being like 'oh yeah, this is in Smash now'

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This is just Corrin 2.0.

- New FE rep to promote new game

- Actually unique from the others

- Male/Female alts

- Fans absolutely livid that another FE character was added as DLC

Only difference is that Byleth is 100× better than Corrin in terms of character and also is more unique but I guess that doesn't matter.
Not quite

Unlike Fates, Three Houses is actually unanimously considered a good game

and we actually had time to know Byleth, meanwhile Corrin was announced before Fates even released in the West

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They literally said by December 2021 and they couldn't even announce the first character for this pass
God which is it! Have they not started at all or is fighter 6 close to being revealed?!? Please boards be blooming consistent!

Also, remember. They said “by February 2020” not “in February 2020”. So “by december 2021” doesn’t mean it will be finished IN December 2021. In the timespan that exists in December 2021, the pass will be finished. But that doesn’t mean it won’t also be finished in November or September or August either.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So, thoughts on the DLC so far:

:ultpiranha: 9/10 I've wanted a playable Mario mook since I was a kid. This was a top tier taste add on Sakurai's part.

:ultjoker:: 10/10 One of my biggest pipe dream picks and still the most memorable reveal ever for me. Honestly don't know if anything Smash related will ever top how excited I got for Joker, lol.

:ulthero: 10/10 once again! I adore the history this franchise has with Nintendo and honestly? It should've been here sooner. Moveset is mad fun and I love Toriyama designed characters.

:ultbanjokazooie:: 8/10 I still need to play the games, but I love 3D platformers so they're cool. I'm sad it wasn't Steve, though. :(

:ult_terry: 2/10 Just a boring pick for me personally. Not an FGC guy and while he's fun to play around with, I'm just not digging the character or the playstyle that much. Cool for those that like him, though.

:ultbyleth: 10/10 YES!!! A FIRST PARTY! As someone who has third party wants, I have just as many (if not more) first party wants, and all the constant talk about how wanting them was pointless and that they weren't "hype" was getting me down. But not only was Byleth in my top 5, they were what restored hope for us Nintendo character fans! I'm super stoked to play as them, and honestly? They might even give Inkling a run for their money if I like them enough. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom